Sign in to follow this  
Marky_B69

PMDG 747-400 Version 2.0

O.k. ...

My understanding was you were criticizing that PMDG just ignores the 744v2.0 release date question.

But you're actually fine with PMDG not giving those dates anymore ... and forum members should rather sim than replying sarcastically?

I'm offering my apologies to you ...

Thanks Olli, apologies accepted and no offence taken. You are a gent.

I love PMDG and have no concerns about them at all. Yes I just think sarcastic or antagonistic responses are not necessary. I am keen to encourage more people into our world and watching us ###### at each other won't help. We all get annoyed about things but let's try to ignore it and move on.

Best wishes

Wasn't that avsim statement some kind of mistake? I'm sure Ryan or someone commented on it last year saying it wasn't entirely correct. 

Yup, and by the way, that post about the 747 coming soon after the 777 was posted around the time when Capt. Randazzo gave his speech in Munich.

If you go to PMDG's B748 extension product page, and play the B748 promo video, it says that the NGX will come out 'early 2010', the 'Dash-8' Late 2010, and the T7 Late2010/Early2011!

You can't ask PMDG to meet a preset 'deadline' using a 2year old post as a reference...

Still, I hope I'll be able to see the 747v2 in 2014 :-)

Best regards, Murphy

Well, it will come, sooner or later, we just have to wait and see ^_^

Mikael Leinonen

I guess at this point we will see the Aerowinx 747 PSX released before the 747 v2...

James Goggi

And that's why PMDG have stopped giving release date estimates.

No they haven't and no they won't.  I've you've been a customer of PMDG's since 1997, then you'll know that you've heard this before and you'll hear it again.  Most customers eventually get over this as the product is that good.  Nobody has really entered the same market niche with reliability BETTER than PMDG's, so this becomes the normal craft of things.  If the 3rd Party add-on market were anything like the AAA-blockbuster video game market, there would be much more pressure to deliver by deadlines and the resources to deliver by those deadlines.

By all accounts, we shouldn't still have such a robust marketplace for 3rd-party software for a platform that is dead and hasn't had an update since 2007.

In that perspective we can forgive just about anything knowing that the days of this platform are numbered and there is no alternative on the horizon.  One day the MSFS authentication servers may dry up and then it'll be really interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I too get suckered into believing in these estimates myself, and I really enjoy and look forward to "the State of the PMDG" posts from Robert.  In fact, I'd rather hear from Robert and Ryan than those who portend vast knowing in the inner sorcery of PMDG, usually with a dose of smarm and haught.  Long waits between information is par with PMDG, so it is best to fire up the NGX, J41, MD-11, or 777 and fly.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

It's not that PMDG doesn't 'reveal' release dates, it is that they don't have them. They work to a goal of internal quality satisfaction. They have been clear on this many times. They may actually be erring in giving too much information too early IMHO. In the case of some electronics products, companies are far along in their development cycle before they give a public acknowledgement of their existence. That would actually be less stressful for everyone actually. PMDG could be toiling away on a 757 or 787 for months and no one would even know about it.

I know what PMDG will say to that post. "It was posted on avsim.com, so it was not from us?" Anyways that aside, there has been no information or even pictures on the progress of the work done on the B747-400 V2 so it will quite a while from now until release. I liked those videos by Froogle on the B777 just before it`s release and so far nothing.

Regards,
Darren

It's the story of "want".  You want something badly, then you get it, relief.  Then you want something else.

I want the winning lottery jackpot ticket, so that I will want to have flightdeck solutions 737NGX, 777 and 787 full size Sims in my bedroom.

Then I want ................... :Praying:

Long live FSX and I

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"