Sign in to follow this  

DX10 bliss - thank you Steve and Paul

It seems to be the only way to find out if one has the latest version as the filename doesn't change with the version update.

The file size is different, the name is the same.

I uninstalled it a second time and then ran CCleaner which identified and remove the redundant key from my registry.

I would avoid using any type of "registry cleaner tool" and especially tools like System Mechanic (which I consider pay for Malware).

I installed it again, into an empty directory, when prompted, I entered the FSS code and it installed itself.
However, again on trying to run it, it asked me for the code I didn't have.

I don't understand this?  What is the FSS Code?  You should get an email with the Registration Key?  You should be prompted for the registration key only once?  Sounds to me like CCleaner may have messed something up in your registry.

Rob

Thank you for your advice.

In short, the programme asked my for a second key despite the fact that I had already entered the

FlightSim Store details and key from the e mail.

My  question was could this problem have been caused by my installing another version over the old?

Regards,

Nick

What version is the latest build?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm wondering also as I have the original, I never received a notice there was another release? If so can we just install over top?

Me too, how do I get the updates? Jus download the installer again from flightssimstore?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

how do I get the updates? Jus download the installer again from flightssimstore?

Yes

Got it.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Besides the uninstall fix..Is it worth upgrading as I'm happy as a lark.

Is it worth upgrading as I'm happy as a lark

Yes, you will get the Day to Dusk and Night and Dawn transition fix.  But if you fly Day only, then you probably don't need it.

Ok guys, before I make another blunder I want to make sure I don't make another mistake installing the Fixer. I was one of the few that was so excited to install Steve's fixer I put it straight into the FSX Dir. After receiving the email from Fltsim I installed the Fixer into the correct folder and and then deleted the old version in my FSX Dir.and all has been good. I do not believe I have the newest Fixer so I am ready to reinstall. I assume this is the action I should take:

1. In DX 10 fixer: Uninstall libraries.

2. Control panel and uninstall DXFixer.

3. Install new DX fixer using new installer downloaded today.

4. Once installed, all the tabs that once read "Enabled" now means "Disabled" etc.

Gosh I hope I got this right,

Thanks

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'd also like a clear explanation of how to remove the original version of the fixer.

I have the original DX10 fixer installed in my main FSX directory. I then downloaded the newer version as instructed in the email and installed that in its own folder outside of FSX.

So how do we safely remove the original DX10 fixer from the FSX folder without risking deleting our entire FSX?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

1-3 should be fine, I simply installed over and which will re-run a library update and scan, but I think others suggest do 1-3 just to be sure.

4. Once installed, all the tabs that once read "Enabled" now means "Disabled" etc.

No, for DX10 Compatible lights you get a status "ON" and a button "Disable" -- this means they are Enabled and to disable you would click on the button which would then show "OFF" status and the button would change to "Enable".

For Legacy Options, DX10 Compatible Reflections you get a button "Disable" - this means they are Enabled and to disable you would click the button which would then change to say "Enable".

Rob

woah...just saw this update! Thanks Rob!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'd also like a clear explanation of how to remove the original version of the fixer.

I have the original DX10 fixer installed in my main FSX directory. I then downloaded the newer version as instructed in the email and installed that in its own folder outside of FSX.

So how do we safely remove the original DX10 fixer from the FSX folder without risking deleting our entire FSX?

Hi TP: Your main Fixer installation folder should look like this, and these will all be present in the FSX root folder.

Important - the "Effects" and "texture" folders are the original FSX folders, and the note below points out that you will not be removing these two folders, but will instead, be removing just two files - one from each folder.

Fixer_File_Structure.jpg

Sooo... click on your main FSX folder in Windows Explorer. In the right window are then listed all of the files and folders for fsx. Look for the ones in the pic above;

Bin: Can be deleted - but check the only thing inside it is the "DX10Options.exe"

Effects: This will be your main "Effects" folder, so do not delete this folder. The only file inside it - which is to be deleted - is the "ballast.fx".

Libraries:  Delete this folder.

textures:  This will be your main "textures" folder, so do not delete this folder. The only file inside it - which is to be deleted - is the missingtex.bmp.

VC: Delete this folder.

Files - delete these files:-

DLLInstaller.exe

DX10.msi

DX10Controller.exe

DX10Toolbox.exe

phase2.cmd

User Manual.pdf.

...and that's it! Just run the new installer when these are all gone.

Come back here if you still have a question before you do it!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello

My FSX is so great both day and night.

Only problem is Fly Tampa Dubai, and som vehichle is White.

Will update help here ?

Lysse