Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy49

An Open Letter

Hello; I have been thinking of writing this for some time now, with this being Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow I felt it appropriate to post today. I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has made a contribution to this hobby of ours. All the freeware ,payware developers, all the folks who put out tips & tricks. Everyone who has contributed in any way. You have all had a tremendous hand in making my sim experience one that I constantly marvel at. Let me not forget those who host this site and flight Sim. My thoughts are also with those who are no longer able to share. Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Best Regards, David 

Amen Bro! I never cease to be amazed at the generosity and talent of so many people who have made this hobby the magnificent obsession that it is. As a former real world pilot whose career is long over, I can't begin to express my gratitude to all who have made it possible for me to relive some old experiences and to be able to sample aspects of the aviation experience I never had the chance to try in real life. To all who have contributed over the years - THANK YOU

Nice sentiments...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have to agree.  There have been a vast array of add-ons to FSX that are great.  But, without the body of work that has been done to tweak the graphics and stabilize it, much of that wouldn't have been possible.  The tweakers and the developers have, together, made it a tremendous sim!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Completely Agree! The lack of FSX interest by MS could have caused the addon industry to fold and move on to other things. Instead we are in the midst of the most fantastic and dynamic addon environment ever. Developers and users alike should rejoice.

+1

Community is everything in keeping this hobby going places.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hear,hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a developer - thank you for your sentiments. It always makes one happy to hear people enjoy the work.

As a consumer - thank you to the other countless developers. To those who inspire - because I am becoming a better developer and a better person. To those who deliver - because they make the hobby worthwhile. And to those who ask and seek knowledge - because they show us the future is bright.

All of the above  :P

Dave Taylor gb.png

As a consumer - thank you to the other countless developers. To those who inspire - because I am becoming a better developer and a better person. To those who deliver - because they make the hobby worthwhile. And to those who ask and seek knowledge - because they show us the future is bright.

Well said!! +infinity...............THANKS to all!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Yes for a software package that was released in Q4 2006 this is now 7 years in and amazing people still dedicated to making it even better.

In Dog Years FSX is now 42 years old

In Software Years FSX should now be a relic from a different time. I can't think of any other release from 2006 that still gets this sort of support.

FSX is still alive and well thanks to the vibrant community that continues to supports it.

Matthew Kane

"I can't think of any other release from 2006 that still gets this sort of support."

Well Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out in 2006 and is still actively modded, but that's very much one of the exceptions.  FS developers certainly deserve all the thanks we can give them for their work over the years.  Good thread!

:good:

Great to take the time to acknowledge and thank the many contributors to our hobby, as without this continued interest and suport, it would surely have disappeared long ago! Long may this continue as it obviously is very rewarding to those that have a passion for simulated flight 

DaveGi

a big +1 to all of the above from me !!

i continue to marvel at how many put in so much time & effort to not only fsx but the other platforms too .... it seems a passion or (as the prof formerly from across the ditch suggests, as he would about rugby) an obsession rather than a hobby.

for now, cheers

john martin