Sign in to follow this  
MatthewL

How often do you fly default planes?

Always wondered how often people here fly payware as opposed to default aircraft. Do you fly default or payware aircraft more? Do you ONLY fly payware, or default? Maybe both?

Never.

Only fly good quality payware aircraft (too many of them!).

None of the default planes cut it, in my opinion.

Right now I have no GA payware, so when I want a GA plane, I'm in the default Baron 58 which I actually like quite a lot.  I'm sure it's nowhere near accurate to the real thing, and it's been so long since I had FS2004 and the Dreamfleet Baron 58 for it that I don't remember how the FSX one compares, but I'm pretty happy with it anyway.

I originally used the default A320 a lot because the 737 had some lighting issues and something else wrong in the VC and I didn't like that, and I had been extensively using the A319/20/21 from the now defunct Phoenix Simulations on FS2002/2004 so I was sort of used to the aircraft.  I finally got my first payware aircraft for FSX a few months ago or so though and have been using those 95% of the time.  I still need to get a good payware GA plane though (planning on the Realair Turbine Duke, hopefully V2 but might get V1 and not wait for V2)

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

If I buy a new scenery or airport ill hop in the trike or the f-18 to check it out but that's the only time ill use default.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I fly the Trike or use BOB to explore a newly installed scenery/airport or
while modifying something about them with ADE or IS3.

I only use the Cessna for positioning other aircraft in slew mode and for loading more complex add ons but for flying, none.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

I use the Trike to eplore new purchases, and I also like the Goose and the Maule. Those two (and perhaps the Skyhawk) are the best default planes IMo, although I have to say that I use the Aussiex Redux package for the Goose, so it's not exactly the default one anymore :rolleyes:

Although the default jetliners aren't exactly good simulations of the real thing in any aspect, I still enjoy the 737 every now and then, when I want to do some airliner flying, and I don't want to bother with anything at all - under those circumstances the 737 is a nice plane, just push the throttle lever forwards, and off you go!

Like someone said, only when I get a new scenery. I'll hop in the default p-51 and explore a little, or the default uh-60 helo to explore airports in detail

I use the 172 for a clean default load.  Otherwise, not at all, I'm afraid.

Scott

Never, Other than to jump in the default Cessna and investigate a new scenery or afcad install before I load a real tubeliner and go flying.

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

If I buy a new scenery or airport ill hop in the trike or the f-18 to check it out but that's the only time ill use default.

Yes with new scenery I will use the trike if its an airport so I can check it out. I will use the f18 if its a large area of scenery I want to cover quickly and check out. Beyond that I never use the default aircraft. I am now trying to get the hang of the q400 and there is soo much more to do than the 777 or even the 737ngx to have a successful flight, so its a bit of a steep learning curve. Two flights ago I got distracted for a minute and when I looked back the plane was in a full blown tail spin. Luckily I was able to recover, but the virtual passengers will probably never get in another plane after that.