Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

realair beech duke v2 and p3dv2

The Lancair flies just fine in P3D 1.4, as does the piston Duke V1. Haven't tried the Turbine yet - like flying the piston model too much!

However, I cannot seem to land the V2 model, as I get messages "you have exceeded your landing gear limits" and the left gear will fold even if I grease the landing at 90 kts.

I have two weeks off over the holidays - might just have to try out this new-fangled P3D V2... :lol:

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I am getting early OOMs when using the Duke v2. I posted about this in another topic today. Free VAS is 1 GB but yet, boom, OOM. Seems to be confined to the Duke. I'm sadly uninstalling until RealAir supports P3D.

the duke works great for me in P3D 2.1 no problems at all using the estonia migration tool. the only thing that doesnt work as mentioned before is the reality xp but hte default GPS works great.

Yes, my previous post about OOMs had nothing to do with the Duke and, in any case, is now fixed in 2.1 I fly the Duke about 90 percent of the time now.

The varied replies here illustrate exactly why we are not ready yet to make proper installers for P3d. It really is not a quick port over. Some are running our aircraft with few problems but there are a few things that can't possibly be expected to work with a simple migration. One poster is also correct to say that our custom sounds for the V2 Duke are MUCH more than a bit of extra wind. Not wishing to bore anyone with too much detail but the custom sounds just about influence every aspect of flying, switches, gear, flaps, ambience and indeed anything except basic engines.

We are waiting for at least a version of P3D that the majority of sim users are comfortable with and one that we can rely on as a template to do a LOT of work that goes way beyond just making an installer. We try to be thorough about what we do and the considerable work involved is not easily done until we can be assured that there is a reasonably final and fully workable version to deal with. Another issue is that I've seen posts implying that even a small charge for a proper P3d conversion is considered some kind of rip off. It is very disheartening to see these posts which clearly have no grasp of the work involved, nor the time it takes to do properly.

Lighting will have to be changed because the graphic possibilities in P3d render panels with much more contrast. So a texture redesign is essential. Our custom sounds rely on a third party supplied gauge. Our custom suspension is tolerated by FSX but not by P3d in some instances. XML programming will require a thorough revision to check every line against possible incompatibilities. Thorough testing needs to be done because we would not be prepared to issue an installer that had problems for anyone. This cannot possibly be done in a knee jerk, nor can it be done until a lot of other more basic issues are sorted and these are clear for everyone to research.

At this stage we just cannot magically produce a conversion that is anything we would be happy with instantly, but we are optimistic that various issues P3D users are having will gradually be ironed out in time. As we've said before, FSX is not going to disappear anytime soon and there really is plenty of time and no rush. We just don't rush into anything and never have, but we do intend to respond when the time is right.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

• Upvote 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thank you very much for this clarification, Rob. I also like the Duke v2 and even the Legacy very much in P3D v2.1. Yes, i'm missing some sounds, but the default avionics do all work very fine, no problem with missing GPS-data.

I hope for a stable flightsim platform from LM and will have no problem with a charge for a proper P3D conversion of your great planes!

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hello Mr. Young,

Good things come to those who wait...

I am a very happy P3D2.1 user. Just to tell you that I will become a customer as soon as you are ready to provide a P3D version.

Looking for a serious aircraft for my IFR training, and this Duke will be it.

I would buy this as well. Not sure if I want to go the migrator option since it usually is against the EULA anyway.

As was mentioned by an earlier poster, the v2 version of the Duke is not usable in P3D unless you like landing and having your left gear fail every time... ;-)

V1.5 of the Duke works just fine though, as does the Lancair.

as does the Lancair.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea.

The Lancair is still crippled a tad in audio. Various  little audio cues don't work in Prepar3D because he's using a custom DLL for some things. Not a deal breaker though. Audio wise everything you need is there to enjoy it in Prepar3D just some stuff is missing like the gear audio, flap audio etc etc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

As was mentioned by an earlier poster, the v2 version of the Duke is not usable in P3D unless you like landing and having your left gear fail every time... ;-)

V1.5 of the Duke works just fine though, as does the Lancair.

I have informed Rob at realair. There is a mistake in the contact points:

Open the v2 aircraft.cfg in notepad and fix the contact point as follows:

[contact_points]

change

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3,1, 2, 152, 200

to

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3.1, 2, 152, 200

notice the period rather than comma at item 13, should be "3.1", and not "3,1", the comma increases the item count.

After using the v2 config panel to change suspension settings the comma will re-appear, edit again until there is an update from Rob..

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Are you able to get the wind noises and other SFX to work? I can't see whether the Duke is FULLY compatible yet.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea.

The Lancair is still crippled a tad in audio. Various  little audio cues don't work in Prepar3D because he's using a custom DLL for some things. Not a deal breaker though. Audio wise everything you need is there to enjoy it in Prepar3D just some stuff is missing like the gear audio, flap audio etc etc.

Have you tried the latest dev. Version of the Migration tool? All the Lancair sounds work for me in normal mode without having to go into legacy mode.

I have informed Rob at realair. There is a mistake in the contact points:

Open the v2 aircraft.cfg in notepad and fix the contact point as follows:

[contact_points]

change

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3,1, 2, 152, 200

to

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3.1, 2, 152, 200

notice the period rather than comma at item 13, should be "3.1", and not "3,1", the comma increases the item count.

After using the v2 config panel to change suspension settings the comma will re-appear, edit again until there is an update from Rob..

Steve

thanks !!!!