Sign in to follow this  
DJSean00

How is it?

Absolutely agree ... no popping of objects, no "growing population" of objects ... if I tried to run FSX with the settings I'm using in P3D V2, I'd be at 1/3 the frame rate for about 15 seconds before I got an OOM.

I enjoy XP10 64bit also, but it's simply not as complete as P3D V2.

Look at this for memory usage in P3D V2 (given my settings all maxed out) 2.4 GB: 

attachicon.gifP3DMemory.jpg

Wow considering DX11 doesn't shadow copy VRAM and you are running stock aircraft and scenery, that is much higher VAS usage, then I would expect. FSX with default aircraft/scenery even maxed, doesn't come anywhere near that. (and I'm running Vista 32bit OS DX9 which does shadow copy VRAM into FSX VAS) I only run >2GB when I'm flying complex aircraft like the NGX. I fear the world of OOM's will show up again, once you start adding more complex addons.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Turn off V-sync then or lower your frame rate lock, as that is the way its supposed to work, it will always try to lock at a division of your monitor refresh rate i.e. 60 30 15. If it cant maintain 60 it will drop to 30 etc.

My frame rate lock is off and vsync is off as well.

RE the frame rate drop after moving undocked gauges to a second screen.

I'm not seeing any drop at all, I just moved the GPS in the Bonanza to a second screen and saw no frame rate drop at all. EVGA GTX 780, 4770K @ 4.5Ghz. I get no drop from the mouse over either and I did get that in FSX, that will need more testing to confirm though, its still vanilla P3D 2 so frame rate overhead may be high enough not to see it. I lock to 30 FPS with Vsync enabled in P3D and I see no tearing either and its super smooth.

I've still not got off the ground yet, I've been setting up my controls and trying to see if I can get FSUIPC working, it installs but the menu wont open.

Thanks for the info Andy! :) I am wondering if it would be worth going for a Titan instead of the 780TI? It seems the extra VRAM will help a lot with P3D can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Rob Prest

OMG did you really ask that.

Yes ofc I bought v2, did not sit up till 3am for version 1.4 to go live.

I purchased v2 pro and the download was for 1.4 so there was a problem with the download links being mixed up. Had to buy it again this morning so LM got $400 off me until the first purchase is refunded.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I find it amusing, that so far, almost all the negative comments are coming from X-Plane folks, who have never even touched P3D

This user above had posted an X-Plane screenshot earlier: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426989-xplane-just-jumped-way-up-there/

So I guess we can enter that thread and criticize his shot as well, since I find the autogen far more "toybox" looking. 

Please keep the trolling to the minimum, and respect people. It's a blessing that we have several different simulators to choose from. 

FWIW --- Geoff & I, were beta testors for MSFS, three different versions. He has been very pro- MSFS, while dipping in and out of X-Plane at various times. His real life Beech Baron is the model for the Milviz FSX version.

Anyone using a GTX560Ti? I know I wont be able to max it but I want its stability which 1.4 have so 2.0 will for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have downloaded P3D V2 myself, but I won't be able to post impressions or shots until late tonight as I am on a plane to Burbank to see Jay Leno this afternoon  ^_^.

I would like to say though that I don't understand why people are jumping immediately to conclusions that it doesn't look as good or perform as well from their first flight. I guarantee not a single one of you jumped into FSX and had a fantastic looking sim with good performance on your first try. It will certainly take some tweaking of all the new settings, and even installing some addons that can tend to improve performance like REX. Many of the shots people post of FSX also use enhancers like SweetFX, ENBSeries, or Shade to improve contrast and other graphical items. This sim is also very different in performance, relying more on the GPU than FSX, which for some people, is the weakest part of the build since FSX doesn't make good use of it.

So, that being said, I will take some time to install a couple addons and mess around with the settings before posting any screenshots or impressions. If I don't like it, I'll uninstall it and request a refund, but I'll make sure I actually know the capability of the sim before jumping to any conclusions.

[/rant]

Performance is amazing so far, but I haven't turned on the new scenery shadows, just the FSX-like aircraft and terrain shadows.. but I'm getting VERY good frames, and check out the density and draw distance of the autogen. It's mental.

I have sliders maxed except the shadows as I said, water reflections turned off..

k4UVpgi.jpg

Now THAT definitely IS an improvement! Should add a whole lot to immersion! How is the moving scenery like cars, trucks, boats?

Sascha

Anyone using a GTX560Ti? I know I wont be able to max it but I want its stability which 1.4 have so 2.0 will for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I am, and I should have some impressions very late tonight with it.

Academic

Academic is only for enrolled undergraduate or KT students as far as I know, you should get the professional version (for simulation) or the developers license.

Sascha

Don't look like much autogen to me, run ORBX Global and see what it looks like. 60fps on a vinialla FSX install is slow, I can get 160 easily on a new install with nothing in it.

Anything above 25 is ok as long as it is smooth i.e. no stutters. FS is not a shooter! 160 fps is ridiculously over the top! 60 is already way past the necessary fps for an absolutely smooth FS experience.

Sascha

If anyone is contemplating a CPU change, I've found, for a couple of years now, the intel i5 2500k seems to works really well for FSX, even better than some i7 based systems I have seen. I appreciate there are other variables but v2.0 is running really well on this processor and I would imagine it is quite reasonably priced now. Just waiting for the migration tool to be upgraded then I can try some add-ons.

Maybe LM should consider adding PAYPAL as payment option...  <_<​ 

I don't think that might happen . The reason why i think it won't happen is because paypal doesn't support digital download . An for example if you purchase a license an decided you did not authorize that payment an you open up a case with paypal is more than likely paypal will take your side of the story. Paypal fear  when a credit card company calls them about an authorize payment .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

No-I mean like reality-and my sig shows I have no loyalty to any sim. Sorry to get the hair up-I don't see any change in a 6 year technology of autogen I beta tested-and to me it looks very dated.

A very well-balanced advanced look on what to expect from P3d v2:

Sascha

Just had my first OOM error.. Haven't had one in well over a year (fsx).. Flew for about 5 mins around ENGM..  :mad:  :mad:

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

12Gb Corsair 1600Mhz

7970 Toxic 6gb

Ran everything max, besides some shadow stuff and 0xAA/MSAA. Capped at 30 frames. Was buttery smooth. Damn it..

I should have been a Beta tester fpr P3D.. I am finding few small issues. Teething problem I am sure

In a three monitor setup.. the Rain does not fillup the entire three screen... its a cone of rain that does not cover 6000 X 1200 window. In FSX Steve had a fix for this in DX10. Need one for this now.

Mega scenery may have some work to do to merge their coastal water with P3D water... 

On the Plus side, when you limit the visibility, it seems to bled so well ..the mountains look fantastic...the visibility on mountains closer to you vs the one further to you is really nice... 

I know its too soon to tell..but FSX is history...and X-Plane, fuggetabout it :)

I wish people could state their enthusiasm for any "new" sim without bashing the other products! Judging from FS9, FSX will be around for another decade anyway!

Sascha