Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

What's the difference b/w FSX and MS Flight? And Future of FSX?

Hypothetical situation.

I grab my football and invite my friends to go outside to:

1 Play a Game of Soccer

2 Play a Simulation of Soccer

Please explain to me what the difference is ?

Simulations and games are very much different in their purposes. While a simulation is designed for evaluative or computational purposes, a game is designed for entertainment and educational purposes. While accuracy is the upshot of simulations, clarity is the upshot of games

here also.....

http://www.edutopia.org/sims-vs-games

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Air1, on 10 Dec 2013 - 8:41 PM, said:

I only run the stock set-up with the extension pack and it will do until something better comes along.

It has, P3D v2...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Simulations and games are very much different in their purposes. While a simulation is designed for evaluative or computational purposes, a game is designed for entertainment and educational purposes. While accuracy is the upshot of simulations, clarity is the upshot of games

here also.....

http://www.edutopia.org/sims-vs-games

So............

I guess we just mentally erase the flour dropping games from FSX? Or the Flying through Squares.... Or the UFO chase....... Or the Red Bull Races...... The baby elephant missions..... etc....... All those horrid types of things that were used later to identify FLIGHT as a "Game"

To me it seems like a collective history re-write. 

In the meanwhile, simulator for me means how you approach it, not how you pigeonhole it.

Not a game.

http://youtu.be/XZCJtp4m7F8

Absolutely a game. Ignore.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for putting those up Devon. I am sure a lot of people never got a chance to see what a marvel the RV6A is, inside and out.

This one really shows off the beauty that is the Hawaiian islands also.

Steve

Hello, Guys!

Have you played MS flight? If YES then please tell me "What's the difference b/w FSX and MS Flight?"

Also what do you think will Microsoft add new Aircrafts like B777, A330, A380 etc in next versions? Some people say that Microsoft will finish the FSX in future. So how much is it right?

Best Regards,

AP,

MS Flight is a video game, right up there with Call of Duty and Angry Birds.

FSX is a simulator.

FSX is a simulator.

Ok, just keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy. To each his own. But I am also sure that a lot of people will not think much of your comparisons. Have a good night.

Steve

Hypothetical situation.

I grab my football and invite my friends to go outside to:

1 Play a Game of Soccer

2 Play a Simulation of Soccer

Please explain to me what the difference is ?

And that's where I am going to show my age and suggest if one was to even hint that they are the same or similar, then one needs a massive reality check, AND needs to go back and get some schooling.

Can you kill yourself in a flight simulator?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

FSX is a simulator.

Thats interesting..... Most stores list FSX in their games section..... Right beside their PS4, Wii and Xbox stuff... (And maybe Angry Birds)

Listed on the same page as Scribblenauts.

Sold by the "Toys and Videogames trader" and fulfilled by Amazon........

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Edition-Pc/dp/B001DPZE84

I think we can declare anything we want to in our secluded niche..... But doesn't mean the rest of the world is even remotely interested in humoring us.

Product Description

Flight Acceleration X-pack enables gamers to play head to head against their friends or others in exciting racing missions, in addition to 20 new missions and new content.  Looks better than ever with enhanced DX10 graphics.

Choose from more than 80 missions that will show you the world with fun assignments from around the globe.

Experience the day change from afternoon sun to evening dusk while flying at 32,000 feet.

Keep track of how you have done on each mission and improve your skill levels until your ready for the next challenge.

Fly from your local airport during the winter and then experience the change as you fly from the same airport in summer.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FSX is not a game! Cargo Hauler is a game! only problem is you need FSX to play the game.

P3D is not entertainment!..so no smiling when you're flying!

FSX is a simulator.

Very very correct.

I guess we just mentally erase the flour dropping games from FSX? Or the Flying through Squares.... Or the UFO chase....... Or the Red Bull Races...... The baby elephant missions..... etc....... All those horrid types of things that were used later to identify FLIGHT as a "Game"

Its called Microsoft Flight Simulator not Microsoft Flight Game. All the missions and scenarios that FSX has ARE or WHERE real world scenarios & emergencies....the flying through squares thing is for practice if you needed it....Im guessing you didn't click on "I am a real world pilot" when you first installed the SIM.

I have never even played MS Flight but I don't even have to just by hearing info from ppl and knowing that its FREE.......I can't confirm but I HIGHLY doubt in MS Flight you will be able to pick up a real world chart and fly a SID or STAR with VOR Radials, DME's etc......That right there sums it all up....

Im done comparing MS Flight to FSX....Theres nothing to debate. MS Flight=Game FSX=Sim

This is not in english but its a major news network in Greece having it on the news saying its not a game and being PRO simulator not game....Sorry you wont understand this but it gives you an idea at least of where it stands. 

ELB729.png

Gotta love the sweet smell of passive aggressive posts in the morning. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Edit: Sorry, original post was uncalled for.

MS Flight holds a special place in my heart that has yet to be replaced, and it pains me to come back here to see the same BS that drove me away.

I have never played MS Flight and everyone is entitled to their opinion and I understand each of us want to back up our own platform. I just cannot settle on me FSX being a game lollll.....

If I was playing a game this whole time i'd be single right now hahaha  :lol:  Everyone has a logical point here so why are we wasting time debating it......Lets help the topic starter get his answer 

ELB729.png

Its called Microsoft Flight Simulator not Microsoft Flight Game. All the missions and scenarios that FSX has ARE or WHERE real world scenarios & emergencies....the flying through squares thing is for practice if you needed it....Im guessing you didn't click on "I am a real world pilot" when you first installed the SIM.

I guess you could call chasing UFO's and dropping flour as real world... in a way. And it was stated several times that at least one of the reasons the word simulator was removed from FLIGHT was that people responded negatively to the word in marketing tests.

I have never even played MS Flight but I don't even have to just by hearing info from ppl and knowing that its FREE

The statement kind of is its own reply.

I can't confirm but I HIGHLY doubt in MS Flight you will be able to pick up a real world chart and fly a SID or STAR with VOR Radials, DME's etc......That right there sums it all up....

Why yes. yes it does. Lets look at some facts though. I think what we are looking at is a combination of attitude and semantics. Its possible that both are partly true, which is what I said earlier. Its how one chooses to look at it that counts

Devons rig

Am I maybe confusing games here? If I am sorry....I said I have never played it before....

http://www.techhive.com/article/247260/microsoft_to_give_microsoft_flight_away_for_free_.html

All Im saying is.....You will never go to an actual simulator and see MS Flight installed....Im in Toronto and getting my PPLs and Ratings over the years I have never once sat behind a MS Flight computer....It was all FS9 and FSX for sim training. I did learn however that MS Flight is a little more serious then I thought. Thank you for sharing that with me.

ELB729.png