GodAtum

Do you buy a new plane when you crash?

I like the way the OP thinks

(A:CRASH FLAG,enum) 0 >

if{

// Call procedure to delete aircraft installation

}

www.antsairplanes.com

If I crash first I hide all the empties. Then I climb onto the roof of my house and jump off. On the way down I toss a lit match and a small can of gas to get the possibility of a post-crash fire. I always remember to strap on the GoPro cam 'cause you never know when your idiocy might go viral! :Money Eyes:

I don't crash often, but when I do...

D-18end_zpsbf289e44.jpg

I do it in something that is not easy to obtain replacement parts.

Stay on the runway, my friends.

I remember many years ago, on another board, in a European Air War forum, that someone posted that they were going to fly a campaign as a P-51 pilot, in real time, full realism settings and post his after action reports.  He did not post for very long, I presume he was shot down, killed in action, and jumped off of a tall building to make it as real as it gets.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Am still in my "learning stage", have my heart in my mouth when on approach then the ATC gives me the "go around" message, (my own fault for having my AI set too high) Thankfully I don't crash too often,

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Have any of you ever played a Korean RPG like Aion? If so, you will know what I mean by saying that's probably one of the few places in the world that would take such an idea seriously and go for it!!! In Aion, you can lose hundreds of hours of grind-work and even hundreds of dollars in real money (if you buy gold to purchase manastones, Godstones etc) if the RNG (random number generator) goes against you, which its clearly rigged to do.

Talk about game pressure!

If things go bad it can take weeks or even months to recover.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just did a flight in the 737NG with random failures and landed it with no right engine, main tank 2 fuel pumps stuck closed (landed with a fuel imbalance of 1000kg), no autopilot, half the DUs failed, IRS R failed, standby power failed, and a right engine and aft cargo bay fire. 

I think it's safe to say it's very difficult to crash in flight simulators  :lol:

What happens if you crash a freeware plane?

The author receives your soul and hauls your firstborn off for work in the freeware mines.

Sadly, freeware pilots are way more skilled than payware pilots and that's why most add-ons come with a pricetag.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Sadly, freeware pilots are way more skilled than payware pilots and that's why most add-ons come with a pricetag.

Tom, can we please have a "Huh??" button?

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Want a really good incentive to avoid a fatal crash?  How about having the sim lock all copies of you flight log book if you have a fatal crash.  I've flown combat flight sims that essentlally do this if you get killed, which really DOES provide a good incentive to RTB alive.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Tom, can we please have a "Huh??" button?

If more freeware pilots crashed, freewarwe authors would have more firstborns as minions to work for them. Thus, they could produce more freeware. But as this isn't the case, most add-ons are payware.

If more freeware pilots crashed, freewarwe authors would have more firstborns as minions to work for them. Thus, they could produce more freeware. But as this isn't the case, most add-ons are payware.

Posting on forums whilst high on LSD is never a good idea!

Rob Prest

Posting on forums whilst high on LSD is never a good idea!

Man, I really wish I was high more often...

Inb4 lame aviation joke

This thread reminds me of when I used to play Silent Service on the Commodore 64. You had to load the game via the tape cassette drive first, and that took up to to 20 minutes and was a very hit-and-miss business with more misses than hits. It definitely give you a reason to make sure you didn't get sunk, because the only way to restart the game was to reload it all over again (shudder).

I was tempted to write in a couple of days ago and day "I never crash"

False, I decided to have a bit of a muck around with the NGX and only loaded up 5% fuel.  My "test" flight went for a bit longer then planned and on final I ended up in a field short of the runway due to running out of fuel... :O

So yes, I have crashed... once LOL