Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Young

Orbx/FTX PNW Patch 006 is Stunning

I just upgraded to the latest version and do not know what they did but the clarity of the textures around KFHR and KSEA was stunning.  I saw some possible performance improvements in the KSEA area too but that's always difficult to prove.  It all depends on the aircraft and other settings.  Yet I've never seen things so clear in these areas before.  Maybe it's DX10.  Don't know.  All I can say is I thank Orbx/PNW for the upgrade and hope they keep them coming!

Best regards,

Jim

Don't know.  I haven't moved any of the Orbx stuff to P3D V2 yet.  The installer does ask whether you are installing in FSX or P3D V2 though.

Best regards,

Hey Jim:

Where did you get patch 006?  Patch 005 is the only one I saw on the FTX website.  Do you have a link to 006?

Thanks!

Airbus

The installer does ask whether you are installing in FSX or P3D V2 though.

Are you sure that wasn't P3D 1.4...? I think that if it actually was for v2 there's be more news about this. Besides, seems to me that they would first have to update the original installer!

I have to say I am dying for an FTX region in P3D 2.0...

I

Are you sure that wasn't P3D 1.4...?

The installer doesn't say what version.  Just P3D.  Here's an excerpt from the installation manual -

"Unzip the PNW SP6 installer package and run "OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch006.exe". Read the provided

information and then proceed with the installation. The installer will find the correct location of your FSX or

P3D directory (based on your current Windows registry entries for FSX/P3D) and complete the installation."

Best regards,

The Release Notes do not say anything about enhanced textures around KFHR and KSEA. It's of course possible some of your old files had gotten corrupted and applying the patch fixed those.

Only P3D 1.4 still. According to the official release thread, the new Migrator tool will come out in January. No word yet on native P3D 2.0 installers.

Yep, P3D 1.4 only.  It's just the lack of distinction between P3D versions that causes confusion.

I do believe that they were planning to update AU for P3Dv2 first, working their way through the regions in order of release.  I could be wrong about that though, since I can't seem to find the 'roadmap' where I read that.  I'm just as or more excited about them updating their regions to use FTXG lighting...

Just a HU but PNW Patch 007 was just released.   Looks nice!

Best regards,

Have just installed PNW 007 Patch, everything looks very good.  But, who built an Electricity Pylon Tower at the end of the runway at Grants Pass (3S8).  There are no pylon towers at Grants Pass in real life,  now one way traffic !!

regards

Echofox

Do you need to load the previous patches, or do the new patches also have the previous patch updates?

Robert Marton

Hi Robert

All patches are up to date, loaded in the proper order, also Library re-run after every install/update. Amazing how this pylon is right on the end of the centre line with the whole of Oregon to play with !

It's a hop over it and do a short field landing, a bit hairy if in real flight.  Really need to post this elsewhere, thanks for your interest. I'm fairly new to Orbx, have all N.W. USA + Jackson which is so life like, only fault is town needs an Albertson's super store,  just joking.

Grant

(no it wasn't named after me)

Managed to capture the offending structure at Grants Pass,Oregon

Echofox

post-135764-0-60633600-1389902517.jpg

Do you need to load the previous patches, or do the new patches also have the previous patch updates?

Robert Marton

You have to install each patch before installing the latest one.  The latest Orbx Library objects must be installed last in all cases.

Best regards,

I remember them mentioning into an auto-update feature to make things a bit less time consuming and potentially confusing. Wonder whatever happened to that?

Hi Jim,  thanks for your input,  just to clarify ,all Orbx scenery is installed as per instructions as are patches for same.  This looks like a rogue addition in the scenery, it is possible to land with a steep descent once over the pylon. " Do not do this in real life", contravenes "health and safety".

Regards ,  Grant

This looks like a rogue addition in the DEFAULT scenery, it is possible to land with a steep descent once over the pylon.

Not that it matters to me, as I don't have the product, but I made a slight clarification for you. The product coverage area does not extend down to the Grants Pass area.

Meshman,  you are indeed correct, Grants Pass being outside of PNW, my mistake.  Perhaps a new California area will demolish the offending object. No doubt Grants Pass was named after the President / General.  I was recently in Dundee,Scotland, where plaque near the site of the famous railway bridge disaster commemorates a visit made by him. Just a bit of useless info !!!!

Regards

Echofox