Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Carenado B1900D Released

Thanks very much guys. I was worried I would have to keep looking down between the seats to adjust the

heading and course.

I cheat with the C90 by using a Saitek Multi-Panel mounted to my yoke. The Multi-Panel  provides the autopilot functions.  With many other aircraft I am simply able to use the VC and mouse.

SaitekMulti-M.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm going to try the same flight now, without touching fuel load and/or passenger weights to see what's going on here. I do own the F1 B200 and have no such problems with it, unless I forget to deice and the flight then takes a totally different (vertical) direction to say the least ;-)

Cheers,
Pete

Pete,

I've seen that behavior with aircraft out of balance.  In one instance, an automatic payload loader tool was messing up the pax and cargo load.  I think you're on the right track.  Suggest 40-50% on the fuel tanks, and completely empty of passengers.  Do this directly in FSX, not using a loader.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks very much guys. I was worried I would have to keep looking down between the seats to adjust the

heading and course.

Regards Dave.

I've added clickspots to the bottom corners of the EHSI for Heading and Course

adjustments.   Same function as the autopilot panel: click to center and mouse wheel

to adjust.

Send me a PM if you would like a copy.

Bert

Do those have a Course selector Frank?

Yes.  The square white button at the left is the AP engage.  The top row from L to R is HDG; NAV; IAS; ALT; VS.

The second row is APR; REV.

The round control to the left of the display is a selector.  Counter clockwise from top are ALT; VS; IAS; HDG; and CRS.  

The round control to the right of the display adjusts whichever mode is selected on the selector.  So if you set the selector

to CRS, then when you turn the right control it adjusts the CRS, and works accordingly for the other items on the 

selector.

I do not use the controls in the array at the right of the panel.  The wheel is for trim, the lever for flaps, and the toggle switch

is for Auto Throttle.  I use a switch on my throttle quadrant for flaps and a rocker switch on the yoke for trim.  Then of course

the IAS and Auto Throttle only apply to aircraft that posses those features.

Hope that helps.

SaitekMulti%282%29-L.jpg

Dave,

I have not purchased yet.  See you have gotten no replies to this question but if it makes any difference I believe it was Bert that said earlier that the AP is at eye level on the panel.  In the screen shots you can see that it is in the center of the panel just above the two GPS units.

After looking at the screen shots again I believe my statement above is incorrect.  It looks like the AP controls are down on the center console and looks like annunciator lights at eye level above the EHSI's on each side.  Not sure what I was looking at yesterday.  I do have to defer to Bert as I do not yet have this model.  Just looking at screen shots.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

After looking at the screen shots again I believe my statement above is incorrect.  It looks like the AP controls are down on the center console and looks like annunciator lights at eye level above the EHSI's on each side.  Not sure what I was looking at yesterday.  I do have to defer to Bert as I do not yet have this model.  Just looking at screen shots.

Yep, you are correct. Image number 6 at Carenado's main site shows it pretty well, in the center console between the seats, just like in the B200. Indicator lights top-center in each pilot's dash section.

Yep, you are correct. Image number 6 at Carenado's main site shows it pretty well, in the center console between the seats, just like in the B200. Indicator lights top-center in each pilot's dash section.

Not quite... most of the autopilot controls are in front of the pilot - except for the master on/off and the pitch rocker switches.

Bert

Not quite... most of the autopilot controls are in front of the pilot - except for the master on/off and the pitch rocker switches.

Bert, so what looks like annunciator or indicator lights in the screen shots are actually selectors?  What I see has a set in front of each of the left and right seats.  Is there a way there to make adjustments to Alt and VS?  I read above that you have used the skill you have mastered to add adjustment of CRS and HDG to the EHSI.  I have greatly benefited from your related work on the C90 and on the G1000 of the A36.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I've added clickspots to the bottom corners of the EHSI for Heading and Course

adjustments.   Same function as the autopilot panel: click to center and mouse wheel

to adjust.

Send me a PM if you would like a copy.

Hi Bert,

how did you accomplish that? Just a change to the panel.cfg using the 1900's own stuff? Just curious as I too find it awkward to access the autopilot for it (of course I understand that this is a limitation of our sim, not the real plane ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Bert, so what looks like annunciator or indicator lights in the screen shots are actually selectors?  What I see has a set in front of each of the left and right seats.  Is there a way there to make adjustments to Alt and VS?  I read above that you have used the skill you have mastered to add adjustment of CRS and HDG to the EHSI.  I have greatly benefited from your related work on the C90 and on the G1000 of the A36.

Yes and no - the altitude gets set on the altitude preselector, and VS gets changed by using the rocker switch..

But Climb commands a +1500 fpm VS rate, and Descend a -500 fpm VS..

Hi Bert,

how did you accomplish that? Just a change to the panel.cfg using the 1900's own stuff? Just curious as I too find it awkward to access the autopilot for it (of course I understand that this is a limitation of our sim, not the real plane ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you the modified gauge.. ^_^

post-100706-0-48553600-1389331504.jpg

Bert

My first impressions of the 1900D in point form

Nice looking rig, good job on the textures 9/10

Aeroplane handles well 8/10

lights 6/10

great attempt with the Caution/advisory panel, far from acurate,but it's a start 3/10

I dont like the fact that they use a G530 for nav1 and collins display for 2...I find it a task to tune nav 1  5/10 

xpndr on/off only  1/10  why not stby/alt? 1/10

Sounds  internal always sounds like in feather 6/10

I can keep going picking this product to bits, but I wont because you get what you pay for...for 40 dollars its a good product and blows the pmdg out of the water...realistic far from it,but a step up.  Maybe they can come up with a few up dates after some solid feedback.

PS i'm no critic by any means but I do have about 5000 hours plus as PIC on this plane in the most severe climate conditions imaginalble...other then that..jus a hard core BE02 fan!

It's not all that hard to blow the PMDG B1900 out of the water.  The PMDG offering was a "lite" version, not actually made by PMDG, they just marketed it under their name.  It was made for FS9 and released in 2004-2005 era and was really good for that era.  It was ported into FSX, but is not a true FSX aircraft. 

After reading several user reviews, it looks like this is a typical Carenado product.  Great visual model, a bit light on the systems, some bugs in the initial release.  Odds are a few bugs will get fixed, others will remain.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The 1900D is and has been one of my all time favorite airplanes since I was 12 years old. It is very hard for me to not purchase this plane. From the reviews it seems that it flys well but a decent amount of realistic simulations are missing including things as simple as the seatbelt sign and gear horn silence. I have never purchased a Carenado product before. I am not expecting PMDG or Majestic here but do they at least usually give a service pack or two to fix some of the more obvious issues? Or will it be what you get it what you get from initial release? Trying my best not to purchase just yet.

As Stans said:   "Odds are a few bugs will get fixed, others will remain."

Carenado does not attempt to model all systems, and what we, as users may consider a bug,

may or may not make it onto Carenado's fix list..

Bert