Sign in to follow this  
STK

B1900 Altitude Pre-Select Issue

Beech 1900D end-users,

Is anyone else having problems with the altitude pre-select window (main panel, to the left of the transponder) locking up and not "scrolling" when enabling an altitude mode (hold or alt select) when the autopilot is on?

It functions appropriately if the autopilot is off, or when the autopilot is not in any vertical speed mode, but refuses to budge when any altitude-based mode is engaged. Not sure how else to describe it...

Additionally, I've encountered other bugs outlined below:

1. Intermittent failure of the top half of the digital VSI. This has only happened once so far after cycling through multiple 2D pop-up windows, but the top half the the VSI seemed to intermittendtly go blank, thus cutting off the info on the gauge.

2. Parking brake action (knob) is reversed.

3. No vertical speed mode available on autopilot.

4. No 1/2 bank angle mode on autopilot.

Can anyone verify the veracity of the above. I am obviously still new to the aircraft, but I suspect the issues I've outlined are legitimate.

Thank you,

Sean K.

I have not had the altitude preselector lock up..  but regarding vertical modes on the AP,  I have been using the

Climb and Descend buttons which command +1500 fpm and -500 fpm respectively..  The up/down rocker

can be used to modify these values.  First select the target altitude, then select the vertical mode.

I'll test some more and see if I can duplicate your issue..

The parking brake knob has been reported to Carenado..

The VS button on the autopilot is inop  (same on the C90 and B200).

Bert

It does seem to be a bug, I've had it happen as well, refer to my real world perspective post.

I think it may have accidently been coded in with the VNAV function on the Universal  FMC Computer, the Altitude Alerter is just that, an alerter.

I think it may be conflicting with data from the Universal unit, When mouse clicking the click-spot on the Flight Director control panel up on the main instrument panel, it brings up the 2D autopilot panel from the pedestal, I found rolling the mouse over the V/S rocker switch on the 2D panel did provide V/S climb or descend input changes. As Bert stated above.

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

OK - you may be on to something...

I do not use the FMC (since I have the RXP GNS unit driving the autopilot), so I may not have run

into the problems that you have.

Bert

I had similar problems with Alt selector locking at 4200ft and wouldn't budge.  

Then I noticed that in the FMS FPL page 1, right LSKr2 had 4232ft entered against the destination, I had just loaded a Flight Planner flight with only a Departure and Destination. The elevation for the departure airport was correct but the elevation for the destination was 4000ft too high.

Once I had changed this to my cruise ALT everything worked perfectly and after selecting an arrival, the FMS actually did a descent during my approach to YMES changing my ALT selector to the next height restriction. 

I wasn't paying a lot of attention at the time as I just wanted to unlock my ALT selector, but I will investigate it more on my next flight.

Hi Folks:

I noticed the sticking altitude selector as well. I traced it down to the FMS being in "NAV" mode (top button, right hand side of FMS). You need to change the altitude in the FMS. That in turn sets the altitude selector on the panel.

- Roger

If you use the FMS, it blocks the manual operation. Adjust altitudes with FMS. Or turn off the Nav AP

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

Like the OP, I'm also having problems with an intermittent failure of the top half of the digital VSI. Sometimes disappears, at other times it starts flickering.  It's really weird in that its only the top half of the gauge. 

It certainly seems to be related to cycling through the 2D pop up windows. Leave them alone and it seems to be OK.

The VS button on the autopilot is inop  (same on the C90 and B200).

Interesting.  Did not know that about the C90.  Likely because I use a Saitek Multi-Panel.  In aircraft models with the AP functions on the panel I use the mouse and control via the VC.  But on the C90 in particular, because of the AP functions location low on the center console, I use the Saitek panel.  In the C90 the Saitek Multi-Panel VS works great.  So is that an FSX function that is in the C90 by default?  Have no idea.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So is that an FSX function that is in the C90 by default?  Have no idea.  

The default FSX autopilot only knows a VS mode for climb/descent.

The Collins autopilot in the B1900 actually has a Pitch and a VS mode.

Carenado has modeled that in the Baron and in the TBM850, but for

the Beech series, they have decided to go with the "simple version"..

As such, the VS button serves no purpose, and it is indeed Inop..

Too bad - a slightly more capable autopilot would add value to the simulation,

I would suggest..

Bert

If you use the FMC, It will start to desend to vectors to final when it is some distance away, I do not know how they calculated this but it is often incorrect.  Dont use the FMC and it flys the approach and ILS with the 530 like any other carenado plane.

There may be bugs with the FMC...  there is MANY other bugs that are less important

Cant use the NAV on the main panel, it doesnt follow flight path,  I have to use the NAV on the FMS and once you select that, the altitude selector is locked. But Altitudes on FMS are incorrect, have to adjust them manually, also I'm having problem locking ILS. one overrides other and quite confusing. Just bought this, so I'm in the learning process.

Cant use the NAV on the main panel, it doesnt follow flight path,  I have to use the NAV on the FMS and once you select that, the altitude selector is locked. But Altitudes on FMS are incorrect, have to adjust them manually, also I'm having problem locking ILS. one overrides other and quite confusing. Just bought this, so I'm in the learning process.

Maybe do a screenshot (or video) of your Panel, Garmin and FMS when you have a problem.

Then we could try to duplicate your setup / flight.

How did you load your flight plan?

Are you using Reality WAAS?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

@vonmar, thanks, the problem is the lack of good documentation for the FMS. atm I'm not using it.

Have no problem using GNS530..

btw, not using Reality WAAS.

onlineflightplanner.no-ip.org and fscharts only for reference and set the info manually.

Looking for a good FMS pdf.

Got the FMS flight plan properly but not using it due oscillation at cruise.

Does the VS and IAS is functional... Doesnt Work here. P3d V2, can enable those.

EZXf00x.jpg