Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's the best traffic ai addon for p3d v2

I've been very happy with World-ofAI for P3Dv2.  For installing, all I did was point the simobjectspath over to my P3D v1.4 folders where I have my AI installed, using  my P3dv2  .cfg file so for me no additional installing or taking up double the space.

I think there is a prime market ready for a new generation of models/paints/schedules that were designed specifically for P3Dv2 but this works well in the meantime.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Start with WOAI, then add updated flightplans from AIG using AIFP2. It's free, and a lot better than any payware package I've used. It does take a bit of time to get going though.

Sadly most freeware AI model developers and repainters have strickt limits regarding redistribution of their work, so us that have expanded the WOAI packages with new FSX native models, converted all the flightplans to FSX standard and added 2012-2013 schedules can't share it with the community. It's a shame, because it has taken me several month to do this, and not being able to share it means everybody has to do the same amount of work on their own, instead of downloading everything in a single package that would take five seconds to install  :(

It's a combination, and some of those old models and textures can cause kernelbase.dll and g3d.dll CTDs! There are several WOAI packages where you need to convert the textures. Sadly I can't share them because of the original autthors EULA.

The only packages I can remeber on the spot that will cause an error is Regional Airlines of Morocco. Come close to some of their aircraft an P3D will have a g3d.dll CTD. There are others as well. Problem is that some of the WOAI models aren't even FS9, but FS8 native!

I can create programs to do the updates, can someone explain to me what needs to be done?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I tried to get UT2 to work with  Migration Tool but no go with Win .8.1 in P3Dv.2 but WOAI  works fine. If you don't have a Migration tool and still have a copy of FSX on your computer just download into FSX as normal then copy and paste the aircraft from the sim objects aircraft folder and also copy and paste the files from scenery\world\scenery section called Traffic_000_WOA etc. are start P3D and there is your aircraft. The down side is if you want to add extra airlines later just make sure you have a copy in FSX so you don't remove your other airlines by mistake when you replace the files.

I use ### AI. It comes as an executable and covers the entire world airlines. It is a compilation of WOAI and other flight plans. They just updated to v5. You can also download traffic tools and update flight plans very easily.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I have recently installed Traffic 360 and been pleasantly surprised at initial results.  Not yet sufficient time to recommend, however correct aircraft liveries populate airports, models seem fine and I don't care whether timetables are accurate ... I just want presence, movement and sound (which is also fine btw.)

I just took my old MyTraffic installation over from FSX and it's working.  But, it can't be updated now.  I was unaware that Traffic 360 worked in P3D  V2.   Were any "tricks" necessary to get it to work?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

The only AI traffic add-on being developed for both FSX and P3d2 is My Traffic Pro 6, which is still in closed beta testing. Version 5.4 can be made to work with P3d2 with a little tinkering.

Is ### AI on the AVSim Wall of Shame? I've never looked to see, but it should be. People should stop suggesting it as an option.

Is ### AI on the AVSim Wall of Shame?

No, but I agree they should be.

United Traffic Team are on the wall of shame for essentially doing the same as ### AI.

Maybe an Avsim Mod could look into this.

I have a dual setup using one directory for both p3d and fsx by linking the ai to the scenery folder in both sims

I have UT2 for fsx, and as I get more plans I remove the namesake plan from UT2.

It seems to work fine for me

Pete Little

I have used UT2 in FSX and enjoy it, but is there a better one for P3D users? I would love to see a dedicate native P3D only version that will take advantage of all the new technology that it has to offer andkilling off FSX for good. Actually would like to see more P3D optimized scenery, aircraft and other addons. It will be a great leap into the future of flights Simming. Kind of how Apple switched from PPC to Intel. A bold move that but for the better.

MyTraffic 6.0 is in development and scheduled for release later in 2015.

If you've got VOXATC don't forget about the free Australian and partial US AI craft from ORBX.  They're very good and the price is right.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I don't suppose it's worth mentioning that ### AI is pirated software ?

By using it you are stealing the work of many freeware authors and ultimately damaging this hobby.

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=mt046b5k466hm7rk8tnpos74f1&topic=15318.0

An interesting read.   It is worth mentioning.   No, it's not on the wall of shame.   That's a shame.  The aircraft they pirated into their 'Freeware' bundle seem to operate so much better than the WOAI aircraft which is why I gave it a shot.   The ### AI planes actually light up at night when they are taxing instead of being pitch black with a taxi light cone in front of them.   Alas, I guess I shall have to forever have dark airplanes at night.   I'll uninstall ### AI when I get home.  If they didn't do the work or have the blessing of the model creators then it has no place on anyone's simulator.

On that.. anyone have suggestions for stuff other than WOAI that actually has planes that are lit properly at night that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and crashes the system?   If not, WOAI does the job for the most part and I'll stick with them.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy