Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's the best traffic ai addon for p3d v2

I have used UT2 in FSX and enjoy it, but is there a better one for P3D users? I would love to see a dedicate native P3D only version that will take advantage of all the new technology that it has to offer andkilling off FSX for good. Actually would like to see more P3D optimized scenery, aircraft and other addons. It will be a great leap into the future of flights Simming. Kind of how Apple switched from PPC to Intel. A bold move that but for the better.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Some one can correct me if I'm wrong

I believe that the only ai traffic program at the moment that the developer has encouraged customers to try with P3D v2 is MyTraffic 5.4

He gives instructions on how to do so on his support forum.

I use it with v2 and so far it works flawlessly

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Does it have native P3D v2 installer?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Which traffic program has the most optimized textures? UT2 is great for traffic but it can drop frames because of those old textures.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

UT2 is great for traffic but it can drop frames because of those old textures.

It's not the textures that are old so much, it's often the models that can cause issues. Like MyTraffic, UT2's models are designed for FSX, but they will work fine in P3d V2.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Start with WOAI, then add updated flightplans from AIG using AIFP2. It's free, and a lot better than any payware package I've used. It does take a bit of time to get going though.

Sadly most freeware AI model developers and repainters have strickt limits regarding redistribution of their work, so us that have expanded the WOAI packages with new FSX native models, converted all the flightplans to FSX standard and added 2012-2013 schedules can't share it with the community. It's a shame, because it has taken me several month to do this, and not being able to share it means everybody has to do the same amount of work on their own, instead of downloading everything in a single package that would take five seconds to install :(

It's not the textures that are old so much, it's often the models that can cause issues. Like MyTraffic, UT2's models are designed for FSX, but they will work fine in P3d V2.

It's a combination, and some of those old models and textures can cause kernelbase.dll and g3d.dll CTDs! There are several WOAI packages where you need to convert the textures. Sadly I can't share them because of the original autthors EULA.

The only packages I can remeber on the spot that will cause an error is Regional Airlines of Morocco. Come close to some of their aircraft an P3D will have a g3d.dll CTD. There are others as well. Problem is that some of the WOAI models aren't even FS9, but FS8 native!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I had some problems with UT2 (error during FSX launching)

I tried JustFlight Traffic360 which work very well.... Installed with Migration tool.

His impact on the framerate is light.

Many flights and companies and (it seem to me),  more realistic than Mytraffic, about schedules in the world.

Luc

I have recently installed Traffic 360 and been pleasantly surprised at initial results.  Not yet sufficient time to recommend, however correct aircraft liveries populate airports, models seem fine and I don't care whether timetables are accurate ... I just want presence, movement and sound (which is also fine btw.)

Just some information UT2 does NOT work in Win 8-8.1 neither in FSX nor any version of P3D. The staff at UT2 have informed me that they have no intention to make the program work in WIN 8-8.1!!! 

Just some information UT2 does NOT work in Win 8-8.1 neither in FSX nor any version of P3D. The staff at UT2 have informed me that they have no intention to make the program work in WIN 8-8.1!!! 

I can tell you this isnt the case, at least for me.. i have ut2 installed on win 8.1 x64 pro and at least with FSX it is working.. i havent tried adding the entries to the dll.xml for p3d just yet though..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I can tell you this isnt the case, at least for me.. i have ut2 installed on win 8.1 x64 pro and at least with FSX it is working.. i havent tried adding the entries to the dll.xml for p3d just yet though..

This might be true but NOT "straight out of the box". Posted the question on the UT2 forum and the developers CLEARLKY stated that they will NOT support WIN 8.1. YES they said some people have managed to get UT2 working but if I people wanted to try they were on their own, without support from the developers.

Does anyone know if any traffic developers have any plans to make their addons with native P3Dv2 installers?