Sign in to follow this  
DaveWW

ILS Approach Frequency Finder - Looking for Beta Testers

I'm developing a small Freeware FSX utility to simplify the process of finding the ILS frequency when ATC assigns an ILS approach to my flight plan's destination airport.  The program makes use of the runway data provided by Peter Dowson's Makerunway program.  There are two methods of operation.  I can enter the ICAO and search.  This will display a list of all runways, runway lengths and runway ILS frequencies for that airport.  As an alternate method, I can start Flight Simulator and load up my flight plan prior to starting the utility. In this circumstance, when the program is started it will read the flight plan currently loaded in FSX and automatically display the destination airport's runway data.  In either case, I can double click any runway displayed in the list and the ILS frequency will be transfered directly to FSX's Nav1 radio.  The project is now ready for beta testing.  If the tests prove successful and, more importantly, the testers feel the program might be of use to my fellow flight simmers then the utility will be publicly released as Freeware.  Send me a PM if you would like to give it a try.

• Upvote 3

I am surprised that no one has posted any replies to this message.  I for one would love to see this utility completed as it is always a chore to pause the flight to go to the map and find the ILS freq before landing.  Don't give up on this idea, it is something that I am sure many will find very useful like myself.  Norm

FSXdb.com

All frequencies for all airports are there. If I know where I go I prepare list of all runways and freq on arrival and done.

But this offcourse until this tool will be released :) support!

Does it work with Payware aircraft?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

There were private responses for beta testing.  It's a simple little program that runs independently of FSX. 

As to working with payware aircraft, the program will run and show all ILS frequencies even if you don't start FSX. 

I am not aware of any aircraft that doesn't use the standard FSX radio hooks (or whatever they're called) so, the feature where you click on the frequency and it is entered into COM1 should work.

Last I spoke to Dave, he was putting the final touches on the program.  I suggest you PM Dave if you are interested.

Tom

So it wont run inside FSX but as extra program? No go to me - windows 8, alttab = joystick bye bye :(

Thanks to everyone who has helped out.  The test went well, no major issues.  I expect to release FSX Quick ILS as freeware here at Avsim during the first week of March.

Cheers,

Dave Westbury

Hello Dave,

I have tried your program with FSX without problem and find all the ILS frequencies wher I want to go.

Do you envisage to modified it for a FS9 use.

Many thanks for your program witch works fine for me.

Bye                                                                                         Douglasfana

Hi Dave,

I've just seen this thread (I've been lurking around P3D lately :blush: )

Thank you very much for a very neat little programme.  It surely fills a gap, and I'll use it a lot.

I had a tiny hiccup, before I realised I had to place the runways.xml file in the Quick ILS data folder.  It's now working just fine.

Thanks again, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Dave...I have used Quick ILS with great success

in P3D3...I am wondering if you will release it for

P3D4.....or, is there a way to make it work in P3D4?

Any help appreciated...

Love Quick ILS....John Helms

1 hour ago, jmhelms said:

Hi Dave...I have used Quick ILS with great success

in P3D3...I am wondering if you will release it for

P3D4.....or, is there a way to make it work in P3D4?

Any help appreciated...

Love Quick ILS....John Helms

Not sure if you noticed that this thread is almost 3 years old and Dave hasn't been on Avsim since April. You might want to send him a PM rather that digging up an old thread.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator