Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Any word on SP1...?

I wouldn't be so hyperbolic...

I mean, as a realist, I generally tend to assume the worst and enjoy the surprise when I'm wrong, but at the same time...a year?  Really?

At least a year...and nothing fixed, just more bugs, lol

Dont mind me, been spending the last days reinstalling everything and looking at more days of joy, grrrrrr!

Rob Robson

With my luck SP1 will be released right in the middle of a long flight from KSFO to LFPG and I'll have an issue 30 seconds before the release that is corrected by the Service pack  :lol:

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

Saw a guy on my VA's ACARS today flying whose data tag said he was flying a PMDG 777-319ER in some special ANZ livery. When I asked about it, he disconnected. FWIW.....

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Saw a guy on my VA's ACARS today flying whose data tag said he was flying a PMDG 777-319ER in some special ANZ livery. When I asked about it, he disconnected. FWIW.....

My bet would be that whoever it was decided he wanted to feel special and attract attention.  There'd be no reason for any of us to disconnect if we were flying it and someone asked a question about it.

I'm guessing this will be a surprise release...

I'm not one of the group who calls the shots, but I highly doubt that.  Seeing that it's being released along with a Service Pack, it's kinda tough to just let people happen upon it.  You're going to need to announce the SP...

Kyle Rodgers

Seems most of these have already been employed  in this thread, Nixon.

Dan Cole

Dan Cole

I still don't know whether to buy the 777 when SP1 comes out and the bugs are fixed, or to wait for the 747v2. I was primarily putting off on the 777 due to the issues i'd heard about and the fact that the 747 wasn't meant to be far off, but we've heard nothing about the v2 at all basically.

I wonder if PMDG decided releasing it as soon after as they'd hinted would harm sales of the 777.

Seems most of these have already been employed  in this thread, Nixon.

Dan Cole

Indeed. 

In fact PMDG also stands for:

"Predictable Male Discussion Group" or maybe "Predictable Male Development Gossip".

If you don't agree with the discussion or gossip just replace "Male" with another word that starts with a "M".

Patience my lads........before yu know it, will have sp1. Serioulsy I fly this beauty, just have to have our seat belts buckled for a bit...

I still don't know whether to buy the 777 when SP1 comes out and the bugs are fixed, or to wait for the 747v2. I was primarily putting off on the 777 due to the issues i'd heard about and the fact that the 747 wasn't meant to be far off, but we've heard nothing about the v2 at all basically.

I wonder if PMDG decided releasing it as soon after as they'd hinted would harm sales of the 777.

For me the fact that a company issues Service Pacs as soon as possible is a good thing. So I would feel more motivated to buy it.

The long list of Bugs...might be another thing.

I can see how people would wait with the purchase after they see that.

On the other hand, publication of the list is good open communication to the customers and that is a selling point again.

I guess whatever way you handle bugs......they are a plague anyway.

In my opinion the question To ask as a new customer or as someone who is just right now in the process of installing Windows + FSX + PMDG fresh (that would be me grrrrr) , is:

Does SP1 require a complete uninstall and reinstall of the PMDG777?

or

Does it just update the installed product?

I try to prevent uninstalling things from FSX as much as I can to prevent problems.

So if a complete reinstall is required, or considered the better option, then I would wait for SP1 before I install the PMDG777 (again)

Rob Robson

Yes. Exactly! PMDG can also chose to release the patch in 2020 also. The FINAL TEST PHASE is not mentioned having any final dates either. It can last another 2 months. Another 2 years? Another 10? Who knows?

Yeah that clearly says " approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase ". Key words to look  at are approximately and beginning of final test phase. Neither say Feb 4th SP1 comes out.