Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

KILM TO KJFK Part 5

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest Mik75

I am so looking forward to the release of this beautiful piece of software!

The best B737 virtual cockpit I've ever seen on any flight simulator.

:Applause:

After watching video no5 I've just realised that the switches are all upside down.

Is this some kind of special configuration for Lufthansa?

If so I wonder why didn't they model the standard "down for on" that we're all used to with the 737 PIC and NGX etc.

After watching video no5 I've just realised that the switches are all upside down.

Is this some kind of special configuration for Lufthansa?

If so I wonder why didn't they model the standard "down for on" that we're all used to with the 737 PIC and NGX etc.

Yes, it is a special Lufthansa configuration - we modeled it like this during initial development because it is superiour, of course :P .

Due to popular demand we will ship the release version with the "standard" switch direction, until you guys all see the light... B)

All the best, Jan

That is correct, that is the LH configuration, it is a tribute to Jan and LH who made this project possible.
We will install the "normal" version prior to release, not a huge operation.

EDIT: Jan beat me to it

M

• Upvote 1

That is correc, that is the LH configurationt, its is a tribute to Jan and LH who made this project possible.

We will install the "normal" version prior to release, not a huge operation.

M

But I would (also) like to have it the Lufthansa way, any chance, as an option maybe?

-Marcus

This is a true work of art and will only get better as you refine before release! Just a few quick questions; what development work remains? Are all major systems completed?

Alaister Kay

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your replies.

Excellent news about the switches!

Thoroughly enjoy watching and rewatching Jan's videos, with his snippets of real-life experience that you don't see in your average tutorial.

:)

It is maybe a false feeling, but when at flare, I think that the A/T is pulling the throttle to idle too fast. It should slowly retard to idle.

Stephane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

vpa055.png

It is maybe a false feeling, but when at flare, I think that the A/T is pulling the throttle to idle too fast. It should slowly retard to idle.

Stephane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

Bon jour,

iI am controlling the thrust levers manually (with my joystick throttle) at that point.

If you look at video no. 4 you can see that I am deselecting speed mode before I also disconnect the autopilot - I am therefore in complete manual flight, both yoke and thrust levers.

You can also verify this on the FMA column on the top of the EADI - the only annunciation is in the autothrottle column - it says ARM, which means the autothrottle is armed and could take over if engaged (either by selecting an approppriate mode manually, or in a reversion mode if the airplane gets too fast or too slow).

Best regards, Jan

This is a true work of art and will only get better as you refine before release! Just a few quick questions; what development work remains? Are all major systems completed?

Hi ALaister,

all major systems are completed except for the route part of the FMS.

There are still a bunch of small tasks to complete, some "cosmetic", like opening doors, GUI, some more sound work and of course  we need to polish the documentation. The bulk of that is there, though.

Regards, Jan

• Upvote 1

Looking at the blog, if I'm not mistaken you are adding a 737-300 winglet version?  :wub:

http://www.ixeg.net/blog/item/32-project-status

Do you have any screenies of this, I don't see any in the gallery?

That is the plan, though I don´t think there is anything to show, yet.

Jan