Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

The government cares because this could happen in America. As far as Americans most of us care. Who wouldn't be moved by something like this.

Are  American pilots so badly trained they don't know how to program their FMC to fly them somewhere else than the intended destination without practicing that with FSX?

Banning FS wouldn't make it any more difficult for a suicidal pilot to commit an act of terror. 

You tell me. It all ties into the irresponsible reporting going on with outlets like CNN. 'Everything is on the table at this point' and now the headline is Flight Simulator. Maybe you can post this question to CNN.

Why, they aren't debating what almost happened to fs2k2 after 9/11 you are ;)... If you want me to tell you then this discussion is no longer about MH370 but what did or didn't happen and what may or may not happen to FS... The headline is MH370 not flightsim Dillon. FS is an aspect of the investigation being investigated and if they find FS played no part it will not even be remembered in the larger discussions. As numerous pilots have mentioned you need charts and a pen to do what they did if it was indeed the pilot, you do not need FS with 18000 hours.

We are losing focus based on our own prejudice to our hobby. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

One of the things I like about my ancient iPad 1 is that it's slow, so when I start up the AP News app, say, it takes awhile to refresh from headlines from a day or a few days before.

It's an ongoing education in how quickly the drama of each day's news stories fade to nothing.  Thoreau was right about that, in Walden. :)

I'm mostly concerned about the effect the media coverage is having on the agonies of the families who've lost loved ones.  But, there's nothing I can do about that, so there's not much to say there.

They talk about it had to be someone with knowledge of flying that plane. Did the guys on 9/11 have knowledge ?  No !,  yet they were able to change flight plans and hit the twin towers.

These were amateurs who performed all that. Nothing is out or the realm here, but to say it was a "professional" who took over the plane is ludicrous in my book.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

It's not going to be banned in the US - software is constitutionally protected under the 1st Amendment.

Ban flight sim.. :lol:  :lol: :lol:  Never going to happen, logistically impossible, and a terrorist could download all flightsims from a myriad of illegitimate sources...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

How many Americans may have died on MH370? Three I think? flight sims aren't going to be banned. American government couldn't care less about the other 236 people who died. 9/11 thousands died and billions in damage and flight sims weren't banned. Anyways, terrorists could just go and get a 777 type rating and be all set.

The American Government has an enormous invested interest in this because the aircraft involved was made in the USA. The national origin of the passengers is irrelevant.

Matthew Kane

CNN just mentioned PMDG as "manufacturing the simulator" and that PMDG is refusing to answer questions (rightfully so).

I really wish the news was credible and checked facts before they slander a very reputable company as potential bad guys. 

Actually the screen shot of his sim looks like fs9 and pss. Neither PMDG nor Boeing nor anyone associated with either company in any way will comment. Period end of story

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

That a320 sim they been filming in has had some good use though. I've seen the same one being used by bbc and sky news... the SIM technician only looks about 10. And the experts they keep bringing in on BBC and sky look that old they probably flew the comet and where in the Korean war

14ppkc-6.png

CNN just mentioned PMDG as "manufacturing the simulator" and that PMDG is refusing to answer questions......

I really wish the news was credible and checked facts before they slander a very reputable company as potential bad guys.

I knew it wouldn't be long before PMDG was thrown out there. Next they'll publically display how detailed their 777 is and why something like this is readily available for anyone to purchase and download.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The American Government has an enormous invested interest in this because the aircraft involved was made in the USA. The national origin of the passengers is irrelevant.

Do American's trade with Malaysia ?? 

14ppkc-6.png

If they aren't answering questions, it's a wise move. As anyone who has spoken to the press could tell you, they'll misquote you, they'll selectivity "edit" your comments to fit their own agenda, and the reporters are dumb as stumps. On the rare occasions when I have had to, I'll take the call (so they don't say "he refused to return our calls), and politely inform them I can't comment - I might throw them a few "off the record" bones so they might think I'm "ok," knowing full well nothing is ever truly "off record," and it won't likely make a difference.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

It's not going to be banned in the US - software is constitutionally protected under the 1st Amendment.

Totally agree.  This same subject was brought up after 9/11.  At that time there was that "doctor pilot" who appeared on NBC who said we need to get rid of all flight simulation software.  I haven't been watching NBC and he could be saying the same things today. 

Off topic but I need to tell you your signature no longer meets our AVSIM Signature Policy.   We recently changed the policy with system specs in the signature and are kindly asking everyone to please use the My PC system in your profile.  We created an easy system for you to list your system specs, flight sims, hardware, and add on information.  I posted and pinned a topic in the Hangar Forum before AVSIM crashed and we also made a change to the Signature Policy under the Forums Tab so this new policy is really new.  If you get a chance in the near future, please remove it.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10