Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Don't forget the NGX

I'm pretty much convinced they won't forget about the NGX. The whole reason development for the NGX took rather long, was the underlying code, making it relatively easy to port this kind of stuff from one addon to another. The 777 is built on this same core, as will the 747v2 be.

However, the 777 is priority now, so probably no NGX updates for quite some time.

As with everyone else I am excited by this news and was just hoping someone could answer a question please.

I currently use REX for Weather injection.

After reading the above I now want to buy ASN

But my question is everyone is talking about running ASN on a networked PC.

I do not have a networked PC . Just a single PC that I am reasonably happy with for performance and I do not feel the need to buy another PC right now... but i do want ASN to experience the wx radar in my 777

Do I need to have a networked setup to run ASN?

If not and I run ASN on my single PC what is the downside of doing that?

Thanks

Lawrence

Keithy George

I'm very glad that Hi Fi Technologies will get more respect and recognition they deserve from this endeavor. Active Sky Next is simply the best weather injection program there is for FSX/P3D v2. I look forward to their new graphics product as well!  

I'm also very happy to know that PMDG and Hi Fi work so well together. These two are my top two favorite flight simulation add-on companies; because of how well customers are treated, and the exceptional quality of their products.

If P3D becomes 64 bit someday, then the limits will be able to be pushed even further w/o having to "reduce the sliders"....hopefully.

As with everyone else I am excited by this news and was just hoping someone could answer a question please.

I do not have a networked PC . Just a single PC that I am reasonably happy with for performance and I do not feel the need to buy another PC right now... but i do want ASN to experience the wx radar in my 777

Thanks

Lawrence

I am currently running ASN from the same PC. I don't have networked PC. With that said, I don't have performance any performance issues with ASN.

Bilal Asif Khan

I bought AOG Add On Gauges FSWXR-2100 as I love panel mods to replicate real aircraft and same Collins gauge they use on the real aircraft - never used it on my beloved PMDG 777 because I want it integrated into the ND like the PSS 777, have it installed as a standalone gauge on other aircraft, this was a fab gauge, but now the news we have all been waiting for is TRUE, and I tried the trial of ASN boy that's weather I've never seen. I think a purchase of ASN is definitely on the cards!!! Nice to see the WX bug has bitten PMDG as well :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thanks

Lawrence

You dont need a separate networked pc to run asn, but some people like to run programs like this on a separate pc to conserve resources on their fsx pc. Ive been running asn for the last couple of hours trying out lots of different weather on the same pc as fsx and havent noticed any problems, but if yo've an older pc it might be beneficial. Depends on your hardware.

I personally can't wait for this on the NGX. The other thing the 737-900er.

Tony

Happy this turned out to not be an April fools joke! I always thought (hoped) PMDG have something up their sleeves, because the waiting time for the SP felt long. This is fantastic. Thanks for all your efforts.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

What is the maximum range of the weather radar in the PMDG 777? The ASN "weather radar" tool has a maximum range of 50NM around the airplane for predicting the realistic percipitation, if I recall correctly. I hope the PMDG weather radar has a bigger range and can predict the percipitation for the current altitude correctly. 

Anyways, big news and thank you PMDG

What is the maximum range of the weather radar in the PMDG 777? The ASN "weather radar" tool has a maximum range of 50NM around the airplane for predicting the realistic percipitation, if I recall correctly. I hope the PMDG weather radar has a bigger range and can predict the percipitation for the current altitude correctly. 

Anyways, big news and thank you PMDG

It's not limited to ASN's map, that's just the map's limit, not the actual technology's limit. I believe I read in the WX2100 manual that It can go 80+

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

It's not limited to ASN's map, that's just the map's limit, not the actual technology's limit. I believe I read in the WX2100 manual that It can go 80+

Thanks for the info, great to hear

Sure glad I scooped up ASN when it came out, as stated above, right investment at the right time. Would really love to see some new pics of the 300ER. Rob would any of those 12 major additions include ACARS. Not sure if that's the same thing as the datalink.

Release of SP1:

1)777-200LR/F

Then

2) Expansion 300ER ?

Release of SP1:

1)777-200LR/F

Then

2) Expansion 300ER ?

Not that I know of. Just because they didn't go into beta together - doesn't mean they're going to publicly release separately...

That's something I hope is not true. Why keep us 200 users waiting if the SP1 gets the approval from the team? Not all of us will buy the expansion pack, and many are looking forward to the fixes this SP1 will bring to this addon.

Alexis Mefano