Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01APR14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Feature Preview - WX RADAR

Fabulous! Looks like I'll have to abandon my beloved Opus for an ASN upgrade of my archived AS2012!

Robert,

Never did I doubt the capability of the PMDG team and very very thrilled with the accomplishment they have achieved.

Keep up the good work fellows and you may always count on my support.

Regards

Dirk   

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, with great serendipity I purchased AS Next 2 days ago but had not got around to installing it on my networked machine.  That was the job for this evening, its on and running nicely and is fantastic.  The ball is in your court now PMDG, no pressure!   :P

Greg B

Fabulous! Looks like I'll have to abandon my beloved Opus for an ASN upgrade of my archived AS2012!

You can still keep your DHM and cameras using OPUS in conjunction with ASN weather. I didnt really want to change to ASN but what choice do we have?....

ZORAN

Terrain and an actual WX radar. Oh boy cant wait for this!!!! thanks to PMDG and Hifi I suppose!!!!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

for the ngx "fans" ... i have been using reality's wx500 with asn since the later's release, it has for me a great read of  asn's precip data (at all fpa's), so for all use it if you have it till RSR includes it in an SP !!

for now, cheers

john martin

You can still keep your DHM and cameras using OPUS in conjunction with ASN weather. I didnt really want to change to ASN but what choice do we have?....

Yes, the DHM is what I like about Opus. I'm just afraid my computer will sag down running both. But for the sake of a weather radar it's definitely worth sacrificing it.

Strenuously hoping this gets brought back into the NGX! :ph34r:

Me too!

Chris Howard

Quick question, is ASN pushing live data to the T7 constantly, or is it taking a snapshot prior to the flight and importing that data for use as you're flying? (That sounds like a pretty stupid question, I know, but my mind is playing tricks with me...)

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Couple questions, will there be documentation included with SP1 on how to properly operate the radar? Any way to have this put in SP2 for the NGX? And finally, are you all releasing SP1 ahead of the 300ER?

Eric 

I knew it.

Thank you, this is a TRUE breakthrough in flight simulation. FSX just gets better and better.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm curious if PMDG will release the SP1 first, without the 300ER expansion, when it gets the approval from the team, or it will wait for the expansion to get tested as well?? I'm probably buying the expansion, but I would love to be able to get my hands on the SP1 fixes until that happen.

Also, do take your time with the FBW! You know how a certain group of PMDG users ( Me included!! ) are fanatic about their FBW representation. Getting this right will make this 777 that much more enjoyable for some of us, hand flyer lovers!

Alexis Mefano