Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Version 2.2 release date info

The v.2.2 Beta thread has become very long and wandered way off topic lately, so I thought this info would be better served if placed in a new thread.

Link: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6292.0

Re: WHEN RELASED PREPAR3D V2.2 ?

on: April 4, 2014, 08:01

We were hoping for today, but we will likely seed one last beta to our solution developer team today, and then release on Monday if all goes well.

We appreciate your patience and support of Prepar3D and know you will love 2.2!

Wes Bard

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

So perhaps we'll see v.2.2 on Monday.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for starting the new thread Arwen.

As long as they get things in good order I can wait until next week as they said would be likely.  Really looking forward to the update.  I think this may be the version that will move a lot of people over to using P3D.

Guess I'll have to keep wearing my straight-jacket until Monday

:ph34r:

allen

I really hoped that i could use the rainy weather announced for the weekend in flying 2.2

Shi..

Maybe today?

Sorry, it won't be today. Read my quote on what Wes posted again. Monday will be the earliest . . . and that's only if the last this last Beta works well.

Thanks for starting the new thread Arwen.

As long as they get things in good order I can wait until next week as they said would be likely.  Really looking forward to the update.  I think this may be the version that will move a lot of people over to using P3D.

You're welcome. I feel the same way. I'd much rather wait a bit longer, if it means v.2.2 will be able to fix the biggest issues in being able to run Prepar3d. My feelings are that a lot of developers are waiting for a (mostly) bug-free version of P3D that is truly better than FSX . . . and the OOM issues in v.2.1 are the biggest thing that is preventing this.

"Sorry, it won't be today. Read my quote on what Wes posted again. Monday will be the earliest . . . and that's only if the last this last Beta works well."

Naw'
"We were hoping for today, but we will likely seed one last beta to our solution developer team today,"

"Likely", could go either way!

After this patch i have one great desire : new client for VATSIM :crazy: ...

Prepar3D V2.2 + Majestic Q400 + new VATSIM client = > close to heaven :Big Grin:

...and another one from LM team -SLI support-

...release on Monday if all goes well...

I don't hate many things in life.

I'm not vindictive.

Quite laid back really.

Until it comes to the word 'if'

I just want to take it out into the yard, smash it's face in and bury it where no one can find it again. :Waiting:

Some words I love.

'released' is one, 'get it now' are three more. 

^_^

In the developer blog LM smartly communicated that the new version will be released "in the next few weeks". The next few weeks turned out to be just a couple of days which is great. But as soon as they communicate a specific date, people start jumping on that message and start complaining. Let them do their thing. All that counts is that the new patch works flawlessly. Regardless of when it is released...

These threads remind me of children asking it is Christmas yet.

Yep, after missing P3D v2.2 release on 4-4-14 to extend its Beta testing, it looks like next week we will hear how many more weeks of beta testing is expected.

I am sure developers are anxious to get their planes developed (which itself could take many months), sold and in the air.

These threads remind me of children asking it is Christmas yet.

That what I posted over on the LM forums....I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!  :-)

Ken

I am holding my head underwater   (a cup of)   :Cuppa:  at this moment until P3D V2.2 appears online

So hurry it up there LM or be responsible for my brain damage  :vava:

Might be prudent to wait and Beta test on the new NVIDIA 337.5 BETA driver first.

• Upvote 1

I am holding my head underwater   (a cup of)   :Cuppa:  at this moment until P3D V2.2 appears online

So hurry it up there LM or be responsible for my brain damage  :vava:

We are all grown up, arn't we? So we are all responsible for our own acts and ommissions ...

Might be prudent to wait and Beta test on the new NVIDIA 337.5 BETA driver first.

I totally agree: I would rather have it on Friday well tested and working with the new (some say) "mystic" driver and just working out of the box with my GTX 780 and current setup instead to have it now and need to repair any issues in the net couple of days.  

To me this seems as a mayor step in the deveolpment of P3D 2.x and I want it to be done right rather than fast!

It is Monday in Australia so we couldn't get it before tomorrow our time.

But I too would like to try the next driver first, not that I am quite so breathless about its potential.  Just an improvement would be good.

Beta drivers are not typically supported by any software developer except the company that makes them.

It's only release drivers one needs worry about.

They are 'release drivers' the Microsoft WHQL stamp is totally meaningless as far as games/Sims/applications go - these are not some dodgy, buggy leak. The beta label is slightly misleading, these are a proper nVidia release, simply without the MS stamp, and therefore they have to be called beta.

Developers will often recommend a beta release if it contains profiles, fixes, optimisations etc. for their game... however, it seems P3D is still not supported with this new set... if you run other games these do seem to have some worthwhile improvements though.

Nope, completely disagree... WHQL is a release driver... anything with the word BETA on it is not a release, it's a BETA. You don't get to redefine something to suit your needs, this isn't politics.

Nope, completely disagree... WHQL is a release driver... anything with the word BETA on it is not a release, it's a BETA. You don't get to redefine something to suit your needs, this isn't politics.

What a load of tosh :rolleyes:

Developers will often recommend a beta release if it contains profiles, fixes, optimisations etc. for their game...

...and they do so at their own peril.

From nVidia, regarding the standing of beta drivers:

Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect system and data when using Beta drivers with NVIDIA products. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Please ensure that newer Recommended/Certified drivers are not already posted on NVIDIA.com prior to installation and usage of Beta drivers. Beta drivers posted do not carry any warranties nor support services.