Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY14 - PMDG 777 SP1/300ER Updates

You just contradicted yourself. It's bad, it cost $89.99 for something bad, and yet it's fine to fly.

Your disclaimer doesn't really work, because you are being overly dramatic.

It's bad crossing the 'too perfect' line, not the product. Please re-read.

RSR has been crystal clear as to the reasons why the patch is being held up, and yet you still find the need to write this?

I know you read his updates and understand them. You just want to complain because you can't have the patch right this instant.

Yes, because what Robert said is what i said the other way around. He claims the SP isn't delayed because of the 77W, yet it'll be released only when the 77W is complete.

And, yet again, please read my sentence again. I'm not COMPLAINING, i'm talking about it. I know it'll be out when ready, complain would be useless.

Would you rather they release a patch that isn't ready that requires another patch to fix everything that wasn't fixed, or wait for a patch that fixes everything it aims to fix?

They already covered the lack of micro updates for the time being and their plans on pushing those in the future. This isn't about perfectionism, it's about making sure the product works as it was intended to work.

Let them do their job and stop with the hyperbole.

Yes, because what's remaining is getting a feeling right about the FBW (or so i understood). To me, it's perfectionism as they already fixed the really noticeable issues with the T7.

If there's something else left to fix or if it causes problems with the 77W, i don't know about them because we were never told about them.

So it's either a delay to get the FBW perfect or for the 77W to work properly.

What hyperbole?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yes, because what Robert said is what i said the other way around. He claims the SP isn't delayed because of the 77W, yet it'll be released only when the 77W is complete.

So it's either a delay to get the FBW perfect or for the 77W to work properly.

Umm, the 77W has been done for quite a while now. It requires SP1 to function properly, it is NOT holding up SP1 whichever way you like to word it. Again, it is NOT holding anything up but we won't release it until SP1 is ready otherwise it doesn't work.

For those who doubt the 77W needs SP1 to work, there are differences between the 77W and 77L that we have modeled including flight dynamics and performances that make the 77W unique and its a whole different animal to that of the 77L.

77W was never intended as just a visual model expansion, it is a whole another airplane but needs SP1.

I think this is about as plain as it gets.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

You know, you're the guys developing it Jason, and this is getting out of hand because of misinterpretations that normally occur in forums.

I'll just leave it here before it scales up and thank you for your intervention here, now there is a clear statement.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

no wonder Avsim is so slow, WHY must people post vid clips and pics  when they know Avsim is about the slowest site there is.

no wonder Avsim is so slow, WHY must people post vid clips and pics  when they know Avsim is about the slowest site there is.

What if I told you images hosted on other sites don't impact load time that much, especially .GIFs that are so small you'd have a hard time filling a hard drive with them?  Would your mind be blown? 

Now children you will get your just desserts when you have eaten all your veggies. Time to close this thread as it serve no purpose but to create mass ill will and nothing happening just encourages silliness. It becomes counter productive to selling an add-on and reflects past practises to try to get the flight sim community to generate press for a new product.

Now children you will get your just desserts when you have eaten all your veggies. Time to close this thread as it serve no purpose but to create mass ill will and nothing happening just encourages silliness. It becomes counter productive to selling an add-on and reflects past practises to try to get the flight sim community to generate press for a new product.

Actually, the suspense is killing me.     I hope it will last.   

I am just hoping that when the 777-300ER enters beta PMDG will slip some media from that bird because it really deserves more attention!

I just wish they could get on with it - so we can move onto getting the 747 instead which far more fun than the 777

The 777 taking that long to fix because its so automated and its all the automation items that arent working, even down to the Cold&Dark errors are because systems are in a auto state! Im amazed the 777 just doesn't have a start and stop button.

Give us the 747 where the pilot actually does something and then be less to fix because when it doesn't work it will be pilot/user error not system error!

The 747 is the queen of the skies - the 787 the Dreamliner - the 777 is er the 777 - thats how exciting a plane it is!

The 777 taking that long to fix because its so automated and its all the automation items that arent working, even down to the Cold&Dark errors are because systems are in a auto state! Im amazed the 777 just doesn't have a start and stop button.

Give us the 747 where the pilot actually does something and then be less to fix because when it doesn't work it will be pilot/user error not system error!

The 747 is the queen of the skies - the 787 the Dreamliner - the 777 is er the 777 - thats how exciting a plane it is!

I agree with everything you say...but, this doesn't take away from the amazing job PMDG did of simulating the aircraft.  Not sure about the love for the 787, if anything it's even more automated.

Ian R Tyldesley

1.05 MB for the above, proving that a picture is worth about about 1000 words.

1mb is absolutely nothing these days.  plus it would take forever to write 1000 words, especially when one picture will do  :P