Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY14 - PMDG 777 SP1/300ER Updates

Kyle you should try walking in other peoples shoes before,  you make some of the statements that you make.

If you have time for a multi-hour sim flight, you have time to read the intro manual.  It's really not that much to read, and simming in and of itself is a very time-consuming hobby.  If you don't have time to read 90 pages (or even less if you're savvy with CTRL+F), then I'd argue that you truly don't have time to sim.

...and perhaps you shouldn't assume you're the downtrodden one.  My shoes are pretty worn out here, too.  I know a lot of people see me as this entitled brat from Northern Virginia, but I've been through some pretty tough times.  I won't get into that here because it's not at all related to the thread, but don't assume your life is much harder than mine.  I don't know what you've been through, and you don't know what I've been through.

What I do know is this:

Simming takes several hours per flight.

If you have enough time to complete flights, you have at least a few hours to read an intro manual.

You bought a study sim.

Study sims require...well...studying.

Ice hockey requires an incredible amount of money to participate in.  That's a fact.  You either have the money, or you don't, but you have to get it somehow.  Getting that money may be tougher for some than it is for others.  I have no question about that.  In order to play the game, though, you need the money.

Same here.  I don't doubt your time is at a premium, but if you want to play the game, and you want the game to work like you expect it, you're going to need the money (knowledge).  I pointed you to where to find it.  Some would call that being helpful.  Others warp that into me being evil and unemotional somehow...

Kyle Rodgers

If you have time for a multi-hour sim flight, you have time to read the intro manual.  It's really not that much to read, and simming in and of itself is a very time-consuming hobby.  If you don't have time to read 90 pages (or even less if you're savvy with CTRL+F), then I'd argue that you truly don't have time to sim.

...and perhaps you shouldn't assume you're the downtrodden one.  My shoes are pretty worn out here, too.  I know a lot of people see me as this entitled brat from Northern Virginia, but I've been through some pretty tough times.  I won't get into that here because it's not at all related to the thread, but don't assume your life is much harder than mine.  I don't know what you've been through, and you don't know what I've been through.

What I do know is this:

Simming takes several hours per flight.

If you have enough time to complete flights, you have at least a few hours to read an intro manual.

You bought a study sim.

Study sims require...well...studying.

Ice hockey requires an incredible amount of money to participate in.  That's a fact.  You either have the money, or you don't, but you have to get it somehow.  Getting that money may be tougher for some than it is for others.  I have no question about that.  In order to play the game, though, you need the money.

Same here.  I don't doubt your time is at a premium, but if you want to play the game, and you want the game to work like you expect it, you're going to need the money (knowledge).  I pointed you to where to find it.  Some would call that being helpful.  Others warp that into me being evil and unemotional somehow...

True that, when I do sim I read and study as much as I can, I have no problem operating the aircraft, the only issue I had was with GPU still being connected. I also have other things have to study for that are work related also. Plus try simming when you have a 2 y/o terrorizing the house, very difficult trust me. Kyle you have a lot of knowledge and I respect your opinion on some things, it's not about walking in someone else shoes its about respect. Sometimes you come off as belittling even though that is not your intent. I do appreciate you pointing out where to find the fix and the cause of my problem, Thank You for that. It's not about you its about your followers that chime in after you made your point clear. Believe it or not your do have a peanut gallery that hinges on you every word, and with that being known, even in my case as a father and a coach I have to tread lightly when dealing with people due to people are watching me a depending on me for leadership and guidance. It would be easy for me to belittle my QB every time he makes a mistake, that is counter productive to his growth and his psyche. Trust me  there are some people that do come on here and ask questions that are questionable in itself, and when you do serve them I understand where you are coming from. But at the same time as this community gains members everyday, you would scare the hell out of some people for asking a question. Now where are some pics of 300er :P! Kyle you are a great guy, I don't care what they say about you(pun intended B) )

Good grief... just let it die and let's get back to the T7 ER. 

If I want to be lectured on how to maximize utility while balancing the many priorities in life, then I will tune into Oprah and take notes when Dr. Phil speaks.

Say it will be out around Aug/Sep 

Im not holding my breath

Good grief... just let it die and let's get back to the T7 ER. 

If I want to be lectured on how to maximize utility while balancing the many priorities in life, then I will tune into Opera and take notes when Dr. Phil speaks.

It's Oprah, lol!!

It's Oprah, lol!!

Shows how much I tune in, eh? :)  Fixed.

Kyle, thanks once again to share with all of us your great philosophy and wisdom of life, and making us understand how much you are above all of us mortals with your unbelivable knowledge about this hobby. This forum needs guys like you to prevent all the silly questions we might want ro ask in forums.

If i would have encountered the same kind of guys with this attitude when i started do online flights i certainly wouldn't be here reading your wisdom and (my 2 cts to the moderators) i certainly wouldn t be here waiting impatiently to do my fourth purchase of a pmdg product once the T7 sp1 and its big 300 version is out.

a warned poster for using inappropiate language to highlight inappropiate behaviour

Kyle pointed out it was in the manual the fix and the solution! I never asked anyone for anything! He did point out where it was located in the manual.

I don't know about you, but the first thing do before operating a complicated machine, be it a simulated 777 or a very real wood grinder, I do read the manual, at least the basics.

While the actual harm is of course worlds apart, I see not taking precautions outlined in introduction manual in the same light as I would see a wood grinder operating person with nothing but blood growing out their wrist screaming "how was I to know I shouldn't put hands in there". 

To be blunt.

I find the video offensive because I am African American and it shows us in a negative light! It is ignorant and I don't appreciate it at all! You should know the demographics of some of your fellow simmers before posting some things. I work hard to put to bed the negative imagine that some African Americans are giving people! So to post something like that video, yes I find it offensive. I never asked anyone to pay my bills and to compare paying your bills to
asking about a fix is not comparable at all.

You know what, before you brought it up, I had absolutely no idea you were black (or African American, or whatever you personally prefer). I do find it hypocritical, and occasionally funny, when minorities suddenly break out into tirage about prejudice and injustice, while flailing their own minority status... when they could have just avoided it all by not advertising their minority status by themselves. Well in any case that works out pretty well from me.

So, ask yourself a question, by responding in this thread negatively, am I a TERD?

To be completely honest, I am just avoiding studying. Procrastinators of the world, unite! Tomorrow!

You try chasing a 2 year old, arguing with a teenaged daughter, taking care of my Dad who has a failing liver, trying to coach football, and work 10-12 hours a day, and last and not least deal with the Wife, !  Excuses hardly!

You know, it's really not just you that balances things. I am balancing two jobs and a university myself, while also maintaining a semblance of a social life... Obviously given the situation I don't have kids (yet), but that doesn't mean I live in timeland where time grows on timetrees (to paraphrase a well known jab at unemployment). I try to find some time for my hobby. It's going slow... and now I am "wasting"(?) time here. I'm not saying you should forego either of that. I'm just saying everybody has limited time and has to choose what to do with it. And they should not expect others to excuse themselves from whatever because they chose to choose more.

Frequently I think "why didn't they read the manual, do some research" but I wouldn't for a second reply with sarcasm or arrogantly presume I understand what the poster has time for or doesn't.

As noted earlier, everybody has the same amount of time. It's all about what you choose to do with it.

I know a lot of people see me as this entitled brat from Northern Virginia,

I just see you as this entitled brat from the evil USA.

Signed, eastern european (j/k :) )

I don't know what you've been through, and you don't know what I've been through.

This one thing has helped me a lot. Not assuming other people had all the luck in their lives leads to surprising results.

Some would call that being helpful.  Others warp that into me being evil and unemotional somehow...

That's connected to the bigger problem of general misunderstanding of what "Time is money" really means. Most people don't realize their time is a resource they need to really consider in similar ways as in money. I am not telling convert time to money, I am saying think in terms of "what can I afford with this".

You know what, before you brought it up, I had absolutely no idea you were black (or African American, or whatever you personally prefer). I do find it hypocritical, and occasionally funny, when minorities suddenly break out into tirage about prejudice and injustice, while flailing their own minority status... when they could have just avoided it all by not advertising their minority status by themselves. Well in any case that works out pretty well from me.

Being a minority is funny to you? Hypocritical? Really? I agree with the other parts of your post, but the above quote shows your own lack of tolerance. I'm not going on a "flailing tirage" about it, but maybe you should have left the above quote out of the discussion.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Remember when this thread was about the SP1 and 300 updates? That was awesome.

Richie Walsh

No more updates?

No, come back in August for the next one!

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

No, come back in August for the next one!

and looking forward to the 747v2 in August 2015!

737 took around 3 years?  SP has been 8 months.

777 was released in Sep 2013 IIRC

Don't know what your comparing.

That was meant ironic.