Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

06MAY14 - PMDG 777 SP1/300ER Updates

Any advances, fixes and issues ironed out of the 777 will surely help with the 747 V2 development. It's a win win across the board. Just need to have some patience.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

It's time for some 747v2 shots!  :rolleyes:

I just wish they could get on with it - so we can move onto getting the 747 instead which far more fun than the 777

The 777 taking that long to fix because its so automated and its all the automation items that arent working, even down to the Cold&Dark errors are because systems are in a auto state! Im amazed the 777 just doesn't have a start and stop button.

Give us the 747 where the pilot actually does something and then be less to fix because when it doesn't work it will be pilot/user error not system error!

The 747 is the queen of the skies - the 787 the Dreamliner - the 777 is er the 777 - thats how exciting a plane it is!

You don't fly a commercial airliner for "exciting".  You fly it for reliably getting the passengers to their destination safely.  In the 19 years since the aircraft was first introduced, the T7 has performed this role almost flawlessly.  B)  The only confirmed loss of life in a T7 was due to the pilots forgetting their basic company rules for when a go-around is demanded. Until they find the missing Malaysian T7 and figure out what happened, I can't include it in this list. -_-

If you want "exciting", might I suggest hopping into an F-15 or F-16? :P

I think it's quite exciting to get 300 tons up in the air this smoothly and even more exciting to get them back on the ground, on the other side of the world, without having refueled the plane half way.

This SP is taking almost more time than the development of the 737...

But it´s PMDG....we are used to such things.

With any luck we will get the 747 v2 in ca five years.  ^_^

This SP is taking almost more time than the development of the 737...

But it´s PMDG....we are used to such things.

With any luck we will get the 747 v2 in ca five years.  ^_^

The 777 has some pretty serious flight modeling problems in terms of realistic behavior.     PMDG is working hard to fix the issues, but it's going to take far longer than anyone on the development team ever anticipated.    They are doing their best and I'm sure we'll be updated here in the coming weeks as progress is made.      This is not going to be an easy fix.

This SP is taking almost more time than the development of the 737..

737 took around 3 years?  SP has been 8 months.

777 was released in Sep 2013 IIRC

Don't know what your comparing.

I was wondering if they will fix that annoying problem with an APU unit still being attached to the aircraft! It appears at random, I'm not at my computer to show pics, but someone else has posted one before!

I was wondering if they will fix that annoying problem with an APU unit still being attached to the aircraft!

The APU will always be attached to the aircraft, but I'm guessing you're referring to the GPU.

The fix for that is mentioned in the intro manual.

Kyle Rodgers

Yay!  I got my Care Bears and Rainbows fix for the day!  Thanks, Kyle!

APU,GPU, whatever it is, it's annoying. I will have to find time to read the WHOLE, intro manual, when I'm not working, chasing my kids ,being  a husband, taking care of my sick Dad, preparing to coach football, taking test to be certified to be a coach, you know the things you do in life,that can prevent one from  reading the WHOLE manual so sometimes just a straight answer would help instead of sarcasm all the time. When life allows me the time I will read the WHOLE manual.

Why these ReadTheManual replies? why can't we help create a better community telling our fellow where he can find this fix?

Edited by FloG
Profanity removed

APU,GPU, whatever it is, it's annoying. I will have to find time to read the WHOLE, intro manual, when I'm not working, chasing my kids ,being  a husband, taking care of my sick Dad, preparing to coach football, taking test to be certified to be a coach, you know the things you do in life,that can prevent one from  reading the WHOLE manual so sometimes just a straight answer would help instead of sarcasm all the time. When life allows me the time I will read the WHOLE manual.

It's only 90 pages, and unlike the books I'm assuming you and I grew up with, the fact that it's a PDF allows you to search it without trying to skim the whole thing for relevant phrases.  The busy excuse doesn't really cut it.  I'm a busy guy myself (I routinely keep about 3-4 different jobs, in addition to cycling for about 1.5-4.5 hours a day) yet I still find time to at least tackle the intro manual and tutorials.  

I can't stand the busy excuse, honestly; particularly with this hobby.  Flight simming is all about time.  Every flight includes a cruise portion, and you're rarely busy for the whole flight.  Cruise is a perfect time to study up.  At 90-some pages with a particularly high amount of images, it's really not asking much to at least have a run through that.

To answer your question, though, since you seem to value your own time higher than everyone else's:

The issue stems from re-loading the aircraft on top of itself in the sim.  This can occur if you set the aircraft up as part of the default flight in FSX (FSX loads with the 777 spinning in the create-a-flight screen), or if you load the 777-200LR in one livery, and then try to load the 777-200LR in another livery (same goes for 200F and 200F).  In order to avoid these two issues: don't set the 777 as your default aircraft, and if you must switch between liveries after loading the aircraft, switch to a default MS aircraft in between.

You bought a study sim.

It requires you to study in order for it to work properly.

I'm not going to complain that my new featherlight bike doesn't get me top ten times on hill climbs if I don't train and understand which gears to use and why.  Same here, except this is a lot easier.

Why these ReadTheManual replies? why can't we help create a better community telling our fellow where he can find this fix?

I did.  I told him it's in the intro manual.  It doesn't really have sections, and I don't have it with me to reference a specific page number.  Since it's only about 90 pages, it really isn't that difficult to browse through.  The FCOM is a different story at a few thousand (each volume).

There's a reason manuals are written.  You read the answer here after it's been processed through several people, or you can read the answer there without it being re-written over and over again.  In being re-written over and over again, the original message gets distorted (encoding and decoding error - psychological fact).  Fact of life.

Additionally, being too reliant on people for information gets you nowhere.  It's one thing to say "go find it yourself."  It's quite another to say "it's here [in this specific manual/spot] - go have a look."  That allows the person to get the original information, and not have to go searching for it.  It also teaches a little self-reliance...which, given the nature of our single-pilot simming, goes a long way.

Kyle Rodgers

It's only 90 pages, and unlike the books I'm assuming you and I grew up with, the fact that it's a PDF allows you to search it without trying to skim the whole thing for relevant phrases.  The busy excuse doesn't really cut it.  I'm a busy guy myself (I routinely keep about 3-4 different jobs, in addition to cycling for about 1.5-4.5 hours a day) yet I still find time to at least tackle the intro manual and tutorials.  

I can't stand the busy excuse, honestly; particularly with this hobby.  Flight simming is all about time.  Every flight includes a cruise portion, and you're rarely busy for the whole flight.  Cruise is a perfect time to study up.  At 90-some pages with a particularly high amount of images, it's really not asking much to at least have a run through that.

To answer your question, though, since you seem to value your own time higher than everyone else's:

The issue stems from re-loading the aircraft on top of itself in the sim.  This can occur if you set the aircraft up as part of the default flight in FSX (FSX loads with the 777 spinning in the create-a-flight screen), or if you load the 777-200LR in one livery, and then try to load the 777-200LR in another livery (same goes for 200F and 200F).  In order to avoid these two issues: don't set the 777 as your default aircraft, and if you must switch between liveries after loading the aircraft, switch to a default MS aircraft in between.

You bought a study sim.

It requires you to study in order for it to work properly.

I'm not going to complain that my new featherlight bike doesn't get me top ten times on hill climbs if I don't train and understand which gears to use and why.  Same here, except this is a lot easier.

I did.  I told him it's in the intro manual.  It doesn't really have sections, and I don't have it with me to reference a specific page number.  Since it's only about 90 pages, it really isn't that difficult to browse through.  The FCOM is a different story at a few thousand (each volume).

There's a reason manuals are written.  You read the answer here after it's been processed through several people, or you can read the answer there without it being re-written over and over again.  In being re-written over and over again, the original message gets distorted (encoding and decoding error - psychological fact).  Fact of life.

Additionally, being too reliant on people for information gets you nowhere.  It's one thing to say "go find it yourself."  It's quite another to say "it's here [in this specific manual/spot] - go have a look."  That allows the person to get the original information, and not have to go searching for it.  It also teaches a little self-reliance...which, given the nature of our single-pilot simming, goes a long way

if this is about pedagogy... i think we are all old enough to decide.  the time you put into writing this you could have made one user very happy by giving him the solution. some of us just want to fly the bird, others want to take the most out of it and read manuals

just help each other and make this a happier community

if this is about pedagogy... i think we are all old enough to decide.  the time you put into writing this you could have made one user very happy by giving him the solution. some of us just want to fly the bird, others want to take the most out of it and read manuals

just help each other and make this a happier community

...and it would have been a lot easier (and quicker) for the original asker of the question to just go to the manuals rather than post here.

Sure, my typing could have been cut down significantly by just answering the question, but it would also be a lot quicker to hand someone a fish than it would be to teach them how to fish.  The latter helps the person more, however, and disassociates the person from external reliance for food [knowledge].

The forum has seen this debate thousands of times, and the response is still the same:

Encouraging reliance by simply providing answers doesn't help anyone grow - no matter how much people assert that it's the "friendly" thing to do.

If your buddy needs to borrow money from you every day because he's too lazy to work for it, are you going to keep handing him money, or tell him to go earn it?  You may claim it's entirely different, but it's rather similar.

I've earned my knowledge by reading the appropriate manuals and books.  I give some back out of charity (I have a YouTube channel full of free knowledge), but I'm not the type who's going to simply hand it out to everyone individually.  I'll point you to the job to go earn your keep so that you might be able to help others.

Kyle Rodgers