Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

Possibility to improve FPS

Hi all,

just needed to get this bird (SP1) allthough the majority was upset about the bad performance and stutters that show up even when sitting on ground like a duck without moving, that was no exception to me.

I have a rather old pc with an "old" quad 9550 and GTX 285.

I though seem to have managed to find a way to get my good FPS back, rather compareable to the TBM850! It seems to be the incorporated WX radar!

This is what you could try yourself:

1.) Go to your root FSX directory (not the Gauges-folder)

2.) Rename the files CMeteoXml.dll and CMeteoXml.dll.intermediate.manifest to CMeteoXml.dll.bak and CMeteoXml.dll.intermediate.manifest.bak

This removes the incorporated G1000 WX radar out of that aircraft!

3.) Restart your PC to ensure dll´s are offloaded correctly

4.) It also seems to help (in my case) to allways toggle full and windowed screen after choosing the Phenom out of the menu!

That´s it ... maybe worth a try and if you´re not satisfied you can allways switch bak by removing the "bak" extension off these two files again!

But as allways try at your own risk!

Happy flying and cheers!

Hello Andy -- tried your suggestion and it did seem to help a bit. So far, so good.

In a 'desperate' attempt to get this plane flying on my system, have also been working with a number of settings in the FSX.CFG file which has helped with the frame rates. I am running an AMD 8120 at 4.0 GHZ and a GTX 660 Ti w/2 GB vid memory. Every system is a bit different on how it responds to various settings. It took some lengthy experimenting.

What I was struggling with was the tendency of this addon (compared to others) to drive the frame rates down drastically always right after takeoff. At least I have eliminated that on my system and it is now, at least, flyable, at reduced frame rates.

Hoping that the devs for this addon continue to work on it a bit more. Thanks for your input.

Hi! Good work, that really helped to make this bird flyable!

Still....it is a performance hog and I wished I would have bought some other addon....but now I can use it at least.

In a 'desperate' attempt to get this plane flying on my system, have also been working with a number of settings in the FSX.CFG file which has helped with the frame rates. I am running an AMD 8120 at 4.0 GHZ and a GTX 660 Ti w/2 GB vid memory. Every system is a bit different on how it responds to various settings. It took some lengthy experimenting.

As a matter of fact it would be more helpful to the community if you not only say "number of settings in the FSX.cfg" but actually write down what you did there...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Someone mentioned the option to turn off the G1000 on the right side....how can one do that? Haven´t found the option.

There is a clickspot on the upper left corner of each of the MFDs, little tricky to find, but your arrow will turn into a hand there and klicking will turn the display black.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks....still, this addon is the worst in terms of performance.

Thanks....still, this addon is the worst in terms of performance.

I have no idea what the devs here thought they were doing when they created this addon, but in comparison to the PMDG NGX (under identical conditions) as measured with MSI Afterburner, the Phenom has the GPU on a 660Ti (OCd) max'd out at 99% where the NGX runs as smooth as butter at 65% GPU load with FPS over 55. I submit this is the primary cause of the terrible graphic performance. The traditional cause of this was an excessive amount polygon content in the model but the way this model behaves with standard "tweaks" to operational parameters (eg in the aircraft.cfg file) I suspect they may have tried something unusual that has not gone well.

Regardless of the precise cause, the bottom line is horrible performance that never should have been permitted to escape the design process. Many folks really wanted this to be a good addon, but their fears were justified.

Been battling with this for the last few days and terrible performance on a i5-4670k clocked at 4.0ghz and gtx760 2gig card . The performance is terrible especially with orbx scenary. The primary cause is the 3 prodigy gauges especially the middle turn them off and watch the fps soar .Nice if you like flying blind any ideas!!!! declutter helps a little but not much.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Remember there are options for FSX framerate issues....  :ph34r:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Remember there are options for FSX framerate issues...

The addon is just as bad in P3D Dillon, very badly coded

I tested this in both prep3d v2  and fsx same results

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Thanks to whoever suggested unticking high resolution 3d virtual cockpit in FSX regarding poor FPS in the Carenado Phenom . It dramatically improved FPS and made the Phenom flyable. Not a perfect solution but until Carenado fixes the FPS problem something I can live with. 

simdown42

The addon is just as bad in P3D Dillon, very badly coded

Agree....this is my last addon from Carenado.