Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

One question...

if we purchase now for FSX, when there is a P3D v2 version, you would give the FSX costumers for free o would you make them spend some money on the P3D version? (or a little ammount with discount)?

Just to know clearly. 40$ is not cheap.

Thanks!

Why ahould it - it's different?

FSX uses DirectX 9.0c but P3D uses DirectX 11 and P£D is  still evolving.

I think this is a brilliant idea.

I like the fact that it doesn't touch scenery or autogen density, as far as I can tell.

Of course it needs to be used with common sense. Setting your GPU to run some ridiculous AA and then Fiber Accelerator to 60FPS is going to end up looking like a blurry mess and still a slide show.

This is interesting!

On a low to midrange system, setting minimum fps to, say, 30, means that the program will sacrifice quality in order to run as close to 30 it can manage. Result: smooth gameplay with poor graphics.

Conversly: if minimus fps is set to 5, the system will give priority to quality, giving glorious graphics but remdering the sim unplayable.

The key question is then, imho, how low is it possible to go in fps whilst mantaining acceptable smoothness? Any consencus on this?

@Valencia, you d better read the thread again. or just post 165 Your assumptions are exactly the opposite of what is happening..

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Okay, first test flight:

Looks like fiber accelerator is switching the FPS-limit inside FSX between the fixed value and unlimited each minutes.

The problem is the following: When FPS are set to unlimited, i get a variance between 20 and 30% (instead of lower than 10% when using a fixed value).

All I can say now is that I will not buy it until there's an option to deactivate that.

Regards, Sebastian

Well done FSPS - many thanks for the extended trial and it works for me... I have some very complex third party airfield scenery (Bidford, UK for OrbX - lots of static objects) out of which I couldn't get better than 6-7 fps :o without FA, but with 17 fps set as my miniumum acceptable value in FA, fps soon crept up to 14/15 fps, and I couldn't actually see any visual degradation in my near distance views. This makes the scenery well playable now, and so I'm buying.

Further, in a post above above it was suggested that FSX Booster 2013 is suitable 'for beginners' - well, yes it is, but let me say this (and yes I am a 'fan-boy') - I am a long-time FSX-cfg tweaker (and I am well tech-savvy) but that thing does it all a lot better than I can and without the time and agony...

Phil

I've always used 30 locked in fs and tuned my PC with Nick Needham's recommendations. I initially tried 25 minimum 30 max in fiber and it was a stuttering mess compared to what I am used to. I then just set it to 30/30 in fiber and now I am getting favourable results. Generally the whole experience is smoother (there are still some stutters every once in a while, but far fewer), I need to test more before I am totally convinced. I have a feeling its pushing VAS closer (and earlier) to the limits of oom'ing. It has not actually run out of memory yet but fsuipc dinged at me a few times to say that VAS memory was getting low, interestingly it recovered though, I wonder are fsps doing anything with memory to help here?

Cheers, Andy.

Just tested it and it really works.

The heaviest scenery for my pc is : NL2000v4 photoscenery with lost of objects + NL2000 Schiphol + MyTraffic AI + REX clouds + Ifly 737-800 NGX. Settings high. Tested when using 5920x1080 ( 3x 32"HD screens )

The screenshots have been resized. They are wider and much sharper.

Judge for yourselves

Lowest framerate without FSX Fiber FA : 17.2

Schiphol%20FSX%20FA%20off.jpg

Lowest framerate with FSX FSX FA : 21.0

Schiphol%20FSX%20FA%20on.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@Valencia, you d better read the thread again. or just post 165 Your assumptions are exactly the opposite of what is happening..

But I presume setting the lowest realistic fps (say 18-20) will make sure that the program will allow the maksimum possible quality that the rig is able to deliver?

Glad to read it works on fps, great job!

Does it enhance either smoothness and reduce annoing microstutter?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Would the accelerator make my FPS better 

Thanks 

:) 

Try the demo.

Looks like fiber accelerator is switching the FPS-limit inside FSX between the fixed value and unlimited each minutes.

The problem is the following: When FPS are set to unlimited, i get a variance between 20 and 30% (instead of lower than 10% when using a fixed value).

All I can say now is that I will not buy it until there's an option to deactivate that.

Does a variation in the frame rate matter if you aren't looking at it all the time? Turn off the frame rate display and just see if it feels smooth. Surely smoothness and flyability in all circumstances is the test, not achieving a constant number in the display?

On my system I usually run with the limiter set to unlimited, because any limit I set, even if it is ridiculously high, seems to make the achieved frame rates lower. Yes, with 'unlimited', if i bother to watch the fps I can see it changing all over the place, but turn it off and there's no sign of jerkiness, no stutters. It feels and looks smooth.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I really like the concept and have bought the application.

What i think should really be incorporated to make it more useful is for the program to come with its own frame rate limiter.

As sure all are aware ,The inbuilt FSX frame rate limiter is rather buggy and drops performance significantly when you finally have some performance to spare! and the limiter is turned on.

Also if you can add a more aggressive graphics drop mode that starts dropping things even further when the frame rate is dropped below the minimum set. As in a mode to prioritize frame rates over graphics in an extreme way.

It was already stated by the developer that the program is able to do so but was decided to be left out.

Stop playing tricks on me.......I am a saint and I fly.

I will try it this weekend on i7 4930X.....hehehehe

Regis Biassala