Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

At this and to those complaining about the price

But it is not about price. it is about extending the demo to an acceptable time. I think if flyers found it to be a saving grace for their sim, I don't think price would be an issue.

For me personally, i get smooth simming with unlimited frames, so this tool is of no use to me. But for others it may be the bee's knee's. But they should have at least reasonable time to evaluate. $40 bucks is a lot for some.

I would hate someone who has limited funds to purchase this thinking it will work as advertised, and find out it does not. That would not be fair or ethical, due to the nature of the product.  This is not a plane they are selling, it may work for some, and not others. We are only looking out for each other. just like developers do, it is not all about them on this occasion.

If these guys are doing what I think they are then they earned it

Don't you think it is up to the seller to convince the buyer that it is safe to buy. They may have earned it, but to earn it, you must convince me to buy it. FSPS have not done that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I wont comment on the time limit as that would be going out of bounds of my commercial membership. My comment was more directed towards the idea that it is not possible for it to be what FSPS claims it to be and, if it is, on whether it is worth the price for those who might be interested.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

But it is not about price. it is about extending the demo to an acceptable time. I think if flyers found it to be a saving grace for their sim, I don't think price would be an issue.

For me personally, i get smooth simming with unlimited frames, so this tool is of no use to me. But for others it may be the bee's knee's. But they should have at least reasonable time to evaluate. $40 bucks is a lot for some.

Exactly my point.

If I had a powerful desktop system as most of you here, I would probably even not care to consider utilities like this. Unfortunately this is not my case. My system is currently far from being highly performing and while I tried all possible recommended tweaks, I still suffer from poor FPS rates in heavy scenarios and heavy situations with payware aicrafts. I am not expecting miracles and I am aware that no software tweak or utility will ever change my current hardware limits. However, even a small improvement in FPS rate could make a significant difference for me until I will have enough money to buy a decent platform for FSX.

As a target and potential customer, all I am asking is to have an adequate time to test the product. This is not a scenario or an airport, I can't figure out whether it works for me or not just looking at the description or wasting 4 out of 5 free tries simply launching the product. I am still open to consider buying this product if the developers will change their absurd demo policy.

I wont comment on the time limit as that would be going out of bounds of my commercial membership. My comment was more directed towards the idea that it is not possible for it to be what FSPS claims it to be and, if it is, on whether it is worth the price for those who might be interested.

Ahhh ok, sorry for mis understanding your post

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Tomorrow I will let you guys know what this program did for my setup.

Regarding the price : I spent thousends of euro's on my hardware and thousends of euro's on addons... 

Just € 28,56 is not that much if it is making my flying experince better... 

Just my2cents

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Regarding the price : I spent thousends of euro's on my hardware and thousends of euro's on addons... 

Just my2cents

I agree with you about the price. If it works as advertised it is a bargain! And I will be anxiously awaiting your review.

- Bill Magann

Just my2cents

And your two cents roughly equals how many Euros?  lol

All in all, this program sounds appealing but I liken it to those in history who have dedicated their life to find the existence of God.  FSX was a program designed for the future, but a future that never happened for Microsoft.  In my opinion, it was a program created before its time.  Many so desperately want a perfect sim, even after 8 years, countless add-ons and as some put it, snake oil cures, but all in all, its all about sacrifice and satisfaction. I can honestly say that I am perfectly content with the setup I have and the add-ons I have, including one notable person's "fix" for DX10.  If there is something I cannot run, I accept it and move on.  While I would love to have a screaming rig, that doesn't always resolve the underlying issue as I have seen here and many other forums.  I think we tend to spend way too much time setting up the sim than actually flying it but I guess those are the great lengths we all go through if we so desire to fly on the cheap, so to speak.

I'll have to concur with the majority here and wait for someone to pony up the cash to purchase it and see what they say.  Give it time and we'll have more definitive answers. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

And your two cents roughly equals how many Euros?  lol

All in all, this program sounds appealing but I liken it to those in history who have dedicated their life to find the existence of God.  FSX was a program designed for the future, but a future that never happened for Microsoft.  In my opinion, it was a program created before its time.  Many so desperately want a perfect sim, even after 8 years, countless add-ons and as some put it, snake oil cures, but all in all, its all about sacrifice and satisfaction. I can honestly say that I am perfectly content with the setup I have and the add-ons I have, including one notable person's "fix" for DX10.  If there is something I cannot run, I accept it and move on.  While I would love to have a screaming rig, that doesn't always resolve the underlying issue as I have seen here and many other forums.  I think we tend to spend way too much time setting up the sim than actually flying it but I guess those are the great lengths we all go through if we so desire to fly on the cheap, so to speak.

I'll have to concur with the majority here and wait for someone to pony up the cash to purchase it and see what they say.  Give it time and we'll have more definitive answers. :)

I that think for many of us the "quest" is part of the fun. Now don't get me wrong, if P3D vX comes out and is absolutely perfect I would abandon the quest in a heartbeat. But until then I find that the tinkering is enjoyable.

- Bill Magann

I would really like to try your product, however to do this I would need to test my FSX system of full load, as I would on a normal flight from the beginning, This means that I would start the aircraft at the gate with real world weather and run through FS2Crew preflight, this in itself takes 30 minutes. Then I need to get GSX to do the pushback, which takes another couple of minutes, including engine start. Once I get taxi to the gate and line up, that could be another 10 minutes go. To take off and climb above the clouds could take in excess of 20 minutes.

I don't see a problem here. Surely the method is to get to the state, in FSX, where you have the heaviest load, the worst performance, no matter how long it takes, and THEN start the 5 minute trial and see what happens to performance and visuals.

With 5 trials you can set up 5 different worst cases and see the effect on each one. Seems to me, when you look at it that way, that 5 x 5m is a lot more flexible and useful than 1 x 25m.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I myself am interested in this product and would willing pay for the benefit if it was a benefit. After paying probably in the thousands for my FSX hobby, another 40 euros is nothing, but I am looking towards the bigger picture. My system isn't too bad with frame rates, I can take off with the PMDG 777 at somewhere like Heathrow with around 20fps, that's with REX, OrbX and ASN, however I have read on these post that it reduces the autogen density as a way to increase the frame rates. As autogen density is a big part of the VAS equation, along with texture quality, I wanted to see how the VAS would change. This cannot be measured in 5 minute segments over a flight, it needs to tested on a full flight, over the distance and flying over various other airports that FSX loads.

Yes it may be great to load up in an airport, flick a switch and get more FPS for 5 minutes, but I don't only fly for 5 minutes, or 25 for that matter. If I did then I would be happy to try.

As I said before, this company is trying to make it's mark in the flight sim world and I commend them for it, but they will not if they won't allow people try it properly. From the majority of post on here, I would say they have lost about 80% of there custom, just by not listening to people and allowing them to test properly. The reason why many of the developer have been around so long and made a reputation for themselves by listening to there customers.

I have noticed that they are not even posted on here now. Make of that what you want. There as been many companies that have made money by saying one thing and doing another, I do hope that this is not one of them. For me if they want to have my custom, then I would want to have a proper test before I pay my hard earned money.

Hi all, 

first of all, our initial thought after reading SOME posts was to delete AVSIM forum from our bookmarks and never look back.

On the other hand some user's input and numerous PM I got , made me to decide to just disregard the offenders , non believers or simple trolls who used the well old known methodology of "SnakeOil" .  We leave them to their misery, as there are many respectable users here, that need us on their side.

For those interested:

We repacked the demo (same link) you can find it at the product page 

We added as you requested - despite this is, technically and programming speaking,  a risk for exploitation - a 5 tries x 60 minutes demo period.

We also changed the software ID so even those who had reached the zero limit , would again try for 5 times x 60 minutes using the new installer.

We made an installer to avoid the 4 most common error user may do:

- Running the exe from inside the zip without extracting

- Not having FSUIPC installed (it now asks for it)

- Not having .Net 3.5.1 installed (now asks for it)

- Your simulator is not updated to SP2 or Accel. Pack level.

Plus we added some instructions for basic RTFM, because many expected from the application to buy for them a new CPU and some Gigs of RAM, and do it without bothering even to read the full version's manual that is included.

FSPS was always a company that heard its customers (or its potential ones) and having absolute faith in our application said "why not ? "

----

We will be around...

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I would say they have lost about 80%

I find it hilarious that so many people here seem to think they are the bulk of flight sim users. You are not anywhere close, you are just a tiny percentage of the people that buy  these products. 

I'm with Pete on this, what is so hard about setting up the most FPS intense situation and THEN run the software for 5 minutes and look for any improvement?  Why on earth does anyone need to run through an entire 30 minute preflight pushing buttons at the gate?  Just load up an intense situation and check the results. I could do that with a 1 minute demo...

Anyway, good on FSPS for making changes (although I can see so many exploiting this) I have never been disappointed with any of the products released, well done for pushing the boundaries of this aging sim.

Rob Prest

Well done.

Now we can all test it and report back. if it does what you say you are on for a winner!!!

We repacked the demo (same link) you can find it at the product page 

We added as you requested - despite this is, technically and programming speaking,  a risk for exploitation - a 5 tries x 60 minutes demo period.

We also changed the software ID so even those who had reached the zero limit , would again try for 5 times x 60 minutes using the new installer.

We made an installer to avoid the 4 most common error user may do:

- Running the exe from inside the zip without extracting

- Not having FSUIPC installed (it now asks for it)

- Not having .Net 3.5.1 installed (now asks for it)

- Your simulator is not updated to SP2 or Accel. Pack level.

Plus we added some instructions for basic RTFM, because many expected from the application to buy for them a new CPU and some Gigs of RAM, and do it without bothering even to read the full version's manual that is included.

FSPS was always a company that heard its customers (or its potential ones) and having absolute faith in our application said "why not ? "

Sounds good.

Thank you, BD FSPS, for listening to our requests. Please understand that many of us simply wasted most if not all five free tries just lauching the exe. This is something that can happen when you first download a new product you never used or heard of before.

Now it seems to me that 5x60 minutes demo time is an adequate time to test the program. That's exactly what most of us were expecting to  hear from you.

I will give a try and, if satisfied, be assured you'll have my money.

The program can run side by side with FSX Booster or Xtreme FSX PC.

I just read the manuel and now it is much more clear on how to set the lowest framerate.

As far is I can see it the program is able to play with the LOD radius and perhaps the FTFF.

Very clever.

And wen you have found the lowest framerate set this in the program a little bit higher.

Just read the manuel.

Tomorrow I am going to try this.

Thank you, Gerard.  Looking forward to reading your findings.