Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUL14 - Release Planning for PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 & 300ER

Well then... time to uninstall the old RTM  start compling  my liveries ready for a new fresh install with SP1. Great you see you back RSR. Take care!!

Just out of interest, why would you uninstall? I think the service pack is just that - an in-place update. No need to uninstall old version?

Just out of interest, why would you uninstall? I think the service pack is just that - an in-place update. No need to uninstall old version?

It's not required but it's highly recommended, especially since some files like options and panel save states get broken from previous builds.

It's not required but it's highly recommended, especially since some files like options and panel save states get broken from previous builds.

I was not aware of that AJ thanks. It makes sense - I would not do an in-place upgrade on Windows for example, so I hear ya. I just thought that things like DEFAULT panel states provided by PMDG would be overwritten during installation.

I was not aware of that AJ thanks. It makes sense - I would not do an in-place upgrade on Windows for example, so I hear ya. I just thought that things like DEFAULT panel states provided by PMDG would be overwritten during installation.

AJ said it best... been doing that since we've received the service packs with the NGX.

AJ said it best... been doing that since we've received the service packs with the NGX.
I recently had to re-install my NGX on new PC, I didn't install any service packs for it so I assume that means the installer from PMDG now contains the SP1c code? I did get prompted for a JS4100 update, but not 737NGX.

Wes

I recently did same Wes, all was included, should be good to go.

You beat me to it...  :lol: I'm planning on one flight with the old RTM, then a full uninstall to prep for SP1. 

Great news that you are well Captain, looking forward to Sp1 and the ER!

This is great news Capt Rob,

Folks you will love the wx radar.  I have been flying the iFly 737, [with wx radar now for a couple months]   Hope the B737, will be next with the wx radar.  

I also bought a new video card  [Nvidia]  that has four ports.   I now have 3 monitors. The third being an overhead for the overhead panel.   Works great, no more need for FS2 crew.  [i did use the button version for many years]

Cheers all,

Jfriz