Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Pilot's Global Mesh 2010 FSX edition review...for FSX/P3D

Try the AFM tool to fix the PILOTS software problem.. Other than that, this is a FSX limitation.

As far as I know, the AFM tool is not compatible with an FTX Vector install. Did I miss the release of 2.0?

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=d3fca479-6c4c-465b-bd75-97445878ae48

If not, I go on assuming that 90 bucks bought me beautiful mountains and 24,000 broken airports.

Unfortunately I didn't research this product enough before buying it, so... my bad I guess... even though Orbx (who has completely earned my trust otherwise) said Vector can only fulfill it's potential if used with the FSGlobal 2010 mesh. I tend to disagree.

Reviews, like the one above, never seem to mention this HUGE issue with the mesh. 

I have the Pilots FS Global 2010FTX and Its awesome in my opinion.  I run much of the Orbx/FTX stuff including land class files and the airport on a slab thing bugs me to a degree, but not THAT much.    I do wish there was some kind of fix to this.   The Pilots manual refers to creation of an interim layer of scenery to smooth out the gradiants, which would work well with me, but I am not sure how to do this.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Reviews, like the one above, never seem to mention this HUGE issue with the mesh.

The time you get closest to the mesh is when you're taking off or landing (not counting crashes into terrain, intentional or not). With that said the importance of taking the time blending the airport to the mesh is vital, which is why you pay the money for Orbx regional scenery; anything else just doesn't cut it.

Can someone point me to the LINK for the DOWNLOAD version of this mesh?  I spent a long time on the Pilot's site today, and when I tried to order The Americas mesh, the ULTIMATE version,  all I could get was the DVD version that they wanted to mail to me.  Where, exactly, is the DOWNLOAD link?  Thanks.

Stan

Can someone point me to the LINK for the DOWNLOAD version of this mesh?  I spent a long time on the Pilot's site today, and when I tried to order The Americas mesh, the ULTIMATE version,  all I could get was the DVD version that they wanted to mail to me.  Where, exactly, is the DOWNLOAD link?  Thanks.

Stan

Right here Stan

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2648

=====================================================

There is no difference between global and fsgenesis - I have never seen a problem with Fsgenesis - I also have Their latest highest mesh and works great with Orbx Euro LC - but if I didnt invest so much all ready in FSG I would give global a try can anyone tell me what the difference is performance wise - this is the only thing that has me thinking about global

Rich Sennett

Because EVERY mesh or scenery that adjusts the elevation around an airport is going to cause the airport to be plateaued or trenched. Even FREEWARE mesh will do this. That is why reviews never mention this issue, because it is a given aspect of mesh in FSX.

The time you get closest to the mesh is when you're taking off or landing (not counting crashes into terrain, intentional or not). With that said the importance of taking the time blending the airport to the mesh is vital, which is why you pay the money for Orbx regional scenery; anything else just doesn't cut it.

Cheers to that. I am heavily invested in Orbx and only run their scenery products. No regrets whatsoever.

can anyone tell me what the difference is performance wise

No performance difference past a bit of a longer loading time.

Because EVERY mesh or scenery that adjusts the elevation around an airport is going to cause the airport to be plateaued or trenched. Even FREEWARE mesh will do this. That is why reviews never mention this issue, because it is a given aspect of mesh in FSX.

As a first-time mesh buyer, like myself, there was no way to know that. 

Now I know!

This sounds like a great product, but for a"not too techy", I have a bunch of FTX airports, and all of the America Genesis land classes, but not the ORBX Global or non USA sceneries......so question is, does this work with FSGenesis?, and do I need the Global stuff?.........is there a guide for what works with what?, thanks for helping us get the best scenery programs....... B42L8

Richard,

Thanks.  That was fast!  I'm downloading now.   Wow, over $81 US dollars!

I assume that's not just the AMERICAS...looks like it's the whole enchilada!

Stan

Yep it's great. Been using since 2010. Loads of detail. Since I fly tubes I don't go to charlie and delta airports.

supporter.jpg

Can someone do me a favor? I know it is asking a lot, but I fly a LOT in one area, and would love to add Mesh. People say where I live is pretty flat, and they are right to a point, but South Georgia and North Florida have a lot of hills and is not all flat.

If I could bother someone to take a couple minutes to upload maybe some photos of KSSI, KJAX, KMCO, KLAL or the South Georgia area and Florida, showing if these airports are going to be raised up that would be great and I really would appreciate it. I want mesh, but as someone who their biggest aircraft is the Dash8 and flies the A2A birds 95% of the time, I go to these little areas a lot and don't want to waste that much money if it will kill the already good looks.

Thanks so much either way!

No performance difference past a bit of a longer loading time.

Thanks Jim - I didnt think so

Richard,

Stan

Welcome Buddy - its the whole world - getting expensive isn't it but still worth it

Can someone do me a favor? I know it is asking a lot, but I fly a LOT in one area, and would love to add Mesh. People say where I live is pretty flat, and they are right to a point, but South Georgia and North Florida have a lot of hills and is not all flat.

If I could bother someone to take a couple minutes to upload maybe some photos of KSSI, KJAX, KMCO, KLAL or the South Georgia area and Florida, showing if these airports are going to be raised up that would be great and I really would appreciate it. I want mesh, but as someone who their biggest aircraft is the Dash8 and flies the A2A birds 95% of the time, I go to these little areas a lot and don't want to waste that much money if it will kill the already good looks.

Thanks so much either way!

This is a very unfair test of any mesh as it will be fairly flat - pick an are the would have more hills or mountains - just a thought

Rich Sennett

Richard,

Stan

Spilok,

Stan gave you the link to the software he is using, FS Global 2010. It does include the entire world but at the cost of a lower resolution worldwide. "The Americas" is one of 3 software packages for FS Global Ultimate. It does appear that FS Global Ultimate is not downloadable.

-Damien