Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

Rob issued that statement in February. Maybe the silence is because a P3D "revision" of one or two planes is currently in progress? Who knows? I am considering purchasing P3D, and if I decide to accept what my heart is trying to force me to do, then I will want to install the Duke and Turbine Duke. However, I also know that I will want to pay Rob and Sean the upgrade price once the official versions are released.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Not sure I like the way the A2A C172 handles..  the A2A Cherokee on the other hand is golden!

Agree.

It's all very subjective of course, but to me, A2A take a little more of a 'mathematical' approach to their aircraft "flying by the numbers", whereas RealAir just seem to 'feel' a little more 'right'.    A2A go for maintenance and ownership 'realism' and of course flight characteristics ....... RealAir focus more acutely on the flight characteristics;  evident not especially in the 'numbers' but in the feeling that you are actually flying and controlling the real aircraft in question.

Also, A2A offerings are not bug-free on release in my view - I had problems with the brakes and how they interact with my hardware pedals with the A2A and PA28.     RealAir, fly like gold straight out the box. 

The brake pedal bug was only if you had your brakes calibrated through FSUIPC, in which case there was a clash between how FSUIPC handled brake releasing and how A2A wanted to simulate the same effect for users who didn't have FSUIPC. The fix was as easy as adding BrakeReleaseThreshold=0 to the FSUIPC config file, so not a bug in my eyes. That's if we are talking about the same thing of course.

Cheers, Andy.

Those excuses don't fly anymore. Those issues haven't stopped A2A and most other developers. It was somewhat understandable when v 2 was first released, but now that we are nearing v 2.3, it's time to embrace the future.

It is questionable whether A2A actually created native Prepar3D aircraft or just slapped new installers and licensing options. Remember the FSX version of the A2A C172 didn't have any problems with Prepar3D except for the strobe light which wasn't also fixed in the Prepar3D version. RealAir want to fix all issues with Prepar3D before they officially release their aircraft for it, and remember that the custom sounds need a third-party gauge and they need to contact the person who created it to make it compliant with Prepar3D. I think you're being a little harsh considering that the A2A team is big while RealAir is comprised of two people.

The lights not working properly was a P3D bug not an A2A bug, the lights work exactly the same as the do in FSX now in the P3D V2.3 Beta.

Cheers, Andy.

The lights not working properly was a P3D bug not an A2A bug, the lights work exactly the same as the do in FSX now in the P3D V2.3 Beta.

Not really, not the landing/taxi lights are bugged and you need to cycle through them twice to get them to work.

As for the original strobe light issue, I'm wondering whether it was something A2A could fix instead of pushing the work over to Lockheed Martin. Remember that no other aircraft had this issue.

The brake pedal bug was only if you had your brakes calibrated through FSUIPC, in which case there was a clash between how FSUIPC handled brake releasing and how A2A wanted to simulate the same effect for users who didn't have FSUIPC.

Sorry but that wasn't true at all for me.    I did not have my brakes calibrated through FSUIPC at all, and yet still had problems with the brakes not releasing / sticking on.

I use Saitek Pro Pedals, assigned purely through FSX's native controller assignments.    with the 172 the problem was greatly minimized after one of the hotfix patches, but still happens in some sceneries.

Sorry but that wasn't true at all for me.    I did not have my brakes calibrated through FSUIPC at all, and yet still had problems with the brakes not releasing / sticking on.

I use Saitek Pro Pedals, assigned purely through FSX's native controller assignments.    with the 172 the problem was greatly minimized after one of the hotfix patches, but still happens in some sceneries.

This is exactly my experience as well...

Hello All,

I'm a bit surprised by this thread. As the many registered customers who have emailed me this month and received extremely prompt replies will know, RealAIr Simulations is doing just fine, although I have this week taken a short holiday, and have supported our customers every day but not quite to the normal level of checking and replying to emails four times a day, everyday, including Christmas, Easter and other public holidays for the past twelve years. 

I do think though that we should update everyone on the proposed C172 project. There are two stumbling blocks: Firstly we are a very small outfit and licensing certain aircraft is a problem for us. Secondly, A2A got there first and they have a fine product in a limited market for which there is only so much potential. We're not concerned about our ability to deliver quality (and nor it seems are the majority of posters here). The issue is whether it is viable to release a similar product in a market that clearly has already been quite well satisfied. I think it is reasonable that we should update our plans either way and we will shortly, so apologies to those who feel we should have announced something either way earlier.

The two other points for us are whether to support P3d, and our future in the face of recent news concerning Steam and Dovetail. We have never reacted to any news, including release of third party addons, without first waiting patiently and properly assessing things. Often, many products are released and there do tend to be some demands that we should instantly support them. We've gained thousands of customers over the years and not everything posted on forums is necessarily representative of the wants and views of the vast majority of those customers, even though forum posts can give the opposite impression.

In the meantime our products are doing fine and we continue to support them as energetically and regularly as always. I am discussing our future plans with Sean and we will be announcing our intentions shortly. We are not going away and it is business as usual. We will be making some important decisions over the next week or two and announcing them as soon as we're ready.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Rob Young is in the building!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Totally logical response and a good move away from the 172 IMO.  Thanks for the update Rob

ZORAN

There's nothing quite like a Real Air plane when it comes to flight handling and modeling. I hope for an IFR capable taildragger akin to a modernized ACA Scout. It's a class of aircraft that I think they would do extremely well, and there isn't much available in the market for it. In fact, if anyone could recommend a high quality IFR capable taildragger for bush flying, I am all ears.

Flight Replicas have some tricked-up Super Cubs that might meet your needs - I think the 'Ultra' is IFR capable, and their stand alone Amphib Super Cub Deluxe certainly is:

http://secure.simmarket.com/flight-replicas-super-cub-deluxe-ifr-amphibious.phtml

I think I speak for everyone, Rob - good to hear from you. But vacation? Seriously?   :lol:  I sounds like yours is just like mine - a working vacation...

I had not purchased the A2A 172 because I knew there was a RealAir 172 in the works. That being said, I just flew a 182T and I think I am utterly spoiled by your Legacy: effortlessly flying at 200+ kts @ 11 gph with semi-aerobatic capabilities is soooooo far above a C172, no matter how well modeled.

I don't know what you and Sean decide to cook up, but:

1: I hope it involves a 2.0 of the Turbine - what a beast!

2: P2DV2. I am not there yet, but I am cataloging everything that I need (aircraft, scenery, weather) to get there. It is the future.

Love your aircraft, and when I have asked a bone-headed question you did not respond "RTFM". Well, sort of: you gave me the page number...

I see your dilemma: the market is saturated with light GA single and twin engine aircraft. Your Legacy stands out as THE definitive light sport aircraft in so many ways that I really would like a B58, a B200, and oh-while-you-are-at-it, ANY other GA aircraft from RealAir. Your flight models, lighting, sound, EVERYTHING is that good. 

Look forward to hearing from you and Sean.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Realair Simulations is my favorite GA developer!

I have all their payware airplanes and when I get a new plane, from a different developer, I always compare it to Realair.

My feeling is that RA planes have beautiful VCs, easy RXP integration, and I love the way the airplane feels. RA planes control inputs react the way they should.

There are very few developers that come close. IMO, they are simply the best!

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure but I think I might have received an email from you. Apologies if it wasn't you. I replied to it immediately but it was returned as undeliverable.

Rob - RealAir

I think I speak for everyone, Rob - good to hear from you. But vacation? Seriously?   :lol:  I sounds like yours is just like mine - a working vacation...

I had not purchased the A2A 172 because I knew there was a RealAir 172 in the works. That being said, I just flew a 182T and I think I am utterly spoiled by your Legacy: effortlessly flying at 200+ kts @ 11 gph with semi-aerobatic capabilities is soooooo far above a C172, no matter how well modeled.

I don't know what you and Sean decide to cook up, but:

1: I hope it involves a 2.0 of the Turbine - what a beast!

2: P2DV2. I am not there yet, but I am cataloging everything that I need (aircraft, scenery, weather) to get there. It is the future.

Love your aircraft, and when I have asked a bone-headed question you did not respond "RTFM". Well, sort of: you gave me the page number...

I see your dilemma: the market is saturated with light GA single and twin engine aircraft. Your Legacy stands out as THE definitive light sport aircraft in so many ways that I really would like a B58, a B200, and oh-while-you-are-at-it, ANY other GA aircraft from RealAir. Your flight models, lighting, sound, EVERYTHING is that good. 

Look forward to hearing from you and Sean.

Thanks for your very kind post.

Regards,

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page