Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.3 is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Very nice indeed!! 

No wonder you need more then 3g of vram, it makes total sense.

That is exactly why I choose to resist :smile:

:good:  :good: 

Rich Sennett

Now THAT is what a flight sim should look like! Is this default or using ORBX? Or maybe photoscenery? Hard to tell ...

MegasceneryEarth with custom autogen built on top of that combined with a custom airport.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

MegasceneryEarth with custom autogen built on top of that combined with a custom airport.

Ultimate VFR did a couple of states with photoscenery + autogen + custom night lighting

but have not heard from them for more than a month

lack of sales I suspect as it was 40 bucks per state, a bit high, and 65GB per state too

Ultimate VFR did a couple of states with photoscenery + autogen + custom night lighting

but have not heard from them for more than a month

lack of sales I suspect as it was 40 bucks per state, a bit high, and 65GB per state too

That's nice... I did all of this myself... just for the fun of it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That's nice... I did all of this myself... just for the fun of it.

really?

You should write a tutorial for the rest of us to follow

would be cool

I know the thread has moved on from this but I looked to see if I had a performance hit flying through clouds. You can judge for yourself and I am not rubbing it in. The point is it is not P3D V2.3 that is causing the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4aX5Q3-OT6kYnJLc29xZXU5S1k/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Dave, thanks for this  - are they native or add-on clouds?

cheers

Peter

I had a really nicely optimised and tweaked FSX (DX9) but decided to give P3D v2.3 another go. Initially results were average at best but now after playing with settings all I can say is wow! It looks absolutely stunning. In all honesty performance is about the same with FSX but with more eye candy, shadows and fewer VAS limit warnings.

really?

You should write a tutorial for the rest of us to follow

would be cool

I'm not one for teaching... just don't have the patience for it. LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

are they native or add-on clouds?

They are native clouds. I just installed REX4 So I will try the same test with those.

I also tried it with as and although it seems that ASN with Overcast conditions seems to have

quite the performance hit. But going from 40FPS to 30 FPS at a major hub isn't that bad.

P3D V2.3 seems smooth even hovering around 20FPS with the exception of fast view panning

but that is an FPS symptom and cannot be helped.

EDIT: I just tried REX Cumulus cloud textures and compared performance between as saved flight with the Default clouds and the REX Clouds. There appears to be an FPS increase with the REX Clouds:-) Also I have been in the past critical of the look of REX4 Clouds Compared to REX3 Clouds But I really did like the look of the cumulus set that I just installed. They get more detailed the nearer you get to them.

Unfortunately, The clouds still rotate and it is definitely worse with REX4 clouds compared to Default. I have learned to manage that to some degree but it is certainly a realism killer. BTY if you have this problem and I beat at some level you do:-) I find the most important trick to minimize that effect is to set your VC view zoom to 1.00

I'm right now, at FL270, headed towards Boston....in an American Airlines 737-900....just installed My Traffic 5.4c, upgraded from my 5.3b...and I have to tell ya...this is the most realistic looking flight in virtual airspace, I have ever seen to date.  Global is scaled just perfect those 27,000 feet below my wings...and the haze, with the most perfectly colored and rendered sky, I have ever seen, via ASN....has me feeling that flight simulation has FINALLY arrived.  No other sim looks this good, this real...right now....

P3D v2.3 is drop-dead gorgeous....and pumping out 34 FPS in a cloud-loaded sky.....

Will land in Boston, in about an hour...and will suck back some Adam's.....

Life is good.  v2.3 is good....it is ALL GOOD!  -_-

Post Edit...starting our descent into Logan.   It is so cool how the HDR system causes the light to dance across the fuselage, as well as highlighting the clouds!  This is the best flight simulator I have ever seen....so, what can they do in features, to make it into a v3.x series?!?

They can improve/tune performance, but I really don't know what could be up their sleeve to 'advance' the feature set that is already playing out across my monitor.

Hey Rob...you Beta people were hoarding this all to yourselves?!?!?    Shame on you, LOL!

ok guys what is the secret.

I am just about to ask for a refund! I purchased P3d have loaded Orbx and the aerosoft airbus and FEX clouds at 512 also uk2000 Gatwick...

no AI yet nothing else setting are very moderate..no AG being used...but taxing at EGKK is like putting a spoon through toffee it is rubbish!!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the airbus at great cost as it deleted all my FP in FSX....be warned everyone.. checked double checked hardware drivers...GC only seems to get at 50to60% it is a 770 4gb cpu is I 7 2600k @4.5 this is so very very disappointing  its all about smoothness well it is not it just stutters badly...all my setting in P3d are very modest it is not taxing it....

went for a spin in FSX and smooth with UT2 ai and weather......so what is your secret? I still maintain that P3D seems only good for GA...I am prepared to give it one last go otherwise I am finished ..

Ah well you win some you loose some so glad it works for others..

All the best

ok guys what is the secret.

I am just about to ask for a refund! I purchased P3d have loaded Orbx and the aerosoft airbus and FEX clouds at 512 also uk2000 Gatwick...

no AI yet nothing else setting are very moderate..no AG being used...but taxing at EGKK is like putting a spoon through toffee it is rubbish!!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the airbus at great cost as it deleted all my FP in FSX....be warned everyone.. checked double checked hardware drivers...GC only seems to get at 50to60% it is a 770 4gb cpu is I 7 2600k @4.5 this is so very very disappointing  its all about smoothness well it is not it just stutters badly...all my setting in P3d are very modest it is not taxing it....

went for a spin in FSX and smooth with UT2 ai and weather......so what is your secret? I still maintain that P3D seems only good for GA...I am prepared to give it one last go otherwise I am finished ..

Ah well you win some you loose some so glad it works for others..

All the best

Have you started by first defragging and file optimizing your P3D installation?  Very important. Then...add a moderate load aircraft, start all sliders at only a MID POINT..and observe. Then start loading the sliders up...all the while monitoring for FPS performance and smoothness. Each system is different.  If you look at my specs, on a older platform, but still a powerful one...I am popping along in detailed cloudscape via ASN, in a 737-900...and smoothly....very smoothly at 28-34 FPS....with my Precision X set to 30 FPS.   P3D v2.3 does NOT like being throttled...and is fighting that 30 FPS limiter...hook, line, and sinker!   

You need time to tune to your system...and it will all gel.

Hi Thanks for the reply,

Cannot defrag as I use SSD's I have tried very very moderate settings but hit a big airport and Bham! stutter city on the ground...why? FSX can cope and P3D is meant to better optimized.

Also when closing down P3D with airbus on screen P3D comes up with a shutting down programme crash....not related but more frustrating...it would appear if you put payware airport scenery on it does not like it...run with A2 well on default...cannot see the GC being worked very hard even with Tessellation on...

Have not tried EVGA Precision...will do as I have that card do you overclock? and do you run P3D at unlimited and limit in the Precision..

will give that ago.....otherwise........back to FSX which is a dying platform but better for me...did not like DX 10 fix as the shadows where uneven...hence went back to mdx9 then got P3d...like those shadows but mot at the performance running it is showing....very frustrating

Many Thanks

Hi Thanks for the reply,

Cannot defrag as I use SSD's I have tried very very moderate settings but hit a big airport and Bham! stutter city on the ground...why? FSX can cope and P3D is meant to better optimized.

Also when closing down P3D with airbus on screen P3D comes up with a shutting down programme crash....not related but more frustrating...it would appear if you put payware airport scenery on it does not like it...run with A2 well on default...cannot see the GC being worked very hard even with Tessellation on...

Have not tried EVGA Precision...will do as I have that card do you overclock? and do you run P3D at unlimited and limit in the Precision..

will give that ago.....otherwise........back to FSX which is a dying platform but better for me...did not like DX 10 fix as the shadows where uneven...hence went back to mdx9 then got P3d...like those shadows but mot at the performance running it is showing....very frustrating

Many Thanks

"Also when closing down P3D with airbus on screen P3D comes up with a shutting down programme crash.."

Something is a miss here this message tells me you have issues and using EVGA tool will not help - probably make things worse - if I were you I would re-install P3D V2.3 only and very careful how your are adding things to it - axe works perfectly - its not p3d - guaranteed - may not want to hear it but its true - make sure your not having any hardware or driver issues - look elsewhere its not P3D

Rich Sennett