Sign in to follow this  
Nick M

My love affair... With a Cherokee!

Yes I agree, I was so disappointed as I just assumed that it was going to happen. Anyway excellent news from RealAir that they are committing to the GTN units in both the Legacy and Duke. Exciting times:)

John

If I were A2A, I would proceed and put dev priority with the next release (Bonanza, Comanche or whatever) with GTN capability, then apply the GTN to the Cessna and Cherokee with the core updates that usually come with a new release.  That way we get the next release a little sooner.   As was stated in the A2A thread, the Civil P-51 got 3D RXP after they did the 172.

Well - the love affair continues although I'm away from my flight-simming PC for a few days.

Instead, thought I'd post this self-indulgent screenshot of a panel mod, inspired in part by a comment on the A2A forums about a retro 'underpants brown' panel...

brown_panel_new.jpg?dl=0

I'm sure you can spot the deliberate mistake...  :wink:

I wish Majestic would hurry-up and release the Q400 pro version so I'm tempted to go and fly something else!

The brown panel was gorgeous, you will put in the library to download?

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

If I were A2A, I would proceed and put dev priority with the next release (Bonanza, Comanche or whatever) with GTN capability, then apply the GTN to the Cessna and Cherokee with the core updates that usually come with a new release.  That way we get the next release a little sooner.   As was stated in the A2A thread, the Civil P-51 got 3D RXP after they did the 172.

Is there an approximate release date for this next GA aircraft, or is it sometime next year?

Cheers. John

I don't know for sure, but I would guess within a year.  Typically it has taken them about a year per release.  I know Scott had mentioned during their Oshkosh trip that they hoped to release 2 planes this year (one GA, one Warbird).  Like many things aircraft addon development is easier said than done lol, especially when you get to accusim depth.

Many thanks for the info. Seems then as if it is going to be rather a long wait. I love the Cherokee but also love the new GTN units. Perhaps some bright person will step in with a solution while we wait:)

Yeah I understand, I would love to see GTN be available for A2A planes.  A2A might also like to see some GTN units installed on actual aircraft to get correct measurements and such, which for the old Cherokee, might be a hard find.

Consider this, the Cherokee modeled is a 50 year old airplane.  Cherokees of this age typically sell from 30K-50K USD depending on airframe hours and installed equipment.   A GTN750/650 unit pair cost about 40K USD + install fees.   The typical Cherokee owner probably will not fork out that kind of money for equipment that costs as much or more than the airplane is worth, especially if they already have a GNS430 or KLN89b. It would be better just to put that money toward a new airplane lol 

If you are into 'realism' you are probably are best off with the GNS430 + King stack, which is probably the most common of the panel mounted GPS options given.

The 172 modeled by A2A on the other hand is a newer model and due to its prolific use in large flight schools may see wider spread use of the GTN series.  

I hope F1, A2A, or someone makes a fully functional w navgraph KLN-89b that is compatible with other developers ala RXP.  Something like that would go great with all the planes with King stacks out there.

Cheers

TJ

I don't own the F1 GTN so guess I'm on the fence on this question for now. However, TJ's point is very well received. For me it's a more authentic experience to make do with a fairly basic GPS set-up; this goes back to my earlier comment about this being my little aeroplane that I can actually afford. (Well - a share in it anyway!) For the pure daydreaming stuff there's RealAir!  :wink:

The brown panel was gorgeous, you will put in the library to download?

João Alfredo

Thanks João - I plan to get the panel uploaded to the library at some stage as part of a repaint. In the meantime there's a download link to the panel files only in this post.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

I don't own the F1 GTN so guess I'm on the fence on this question for now. However, TJ's point is very well received. For me it's a more authentic experience to make do with a fairly basic GPS set-up; this goes back to my earlier comment about this being my little aeroplane that I can actually afford. (Well - a share in it anyway!) For the pure daydreaming stuff there's RealAir!  :wink:

Thanks João - I plan to get the panel uploaded to the library at some stage as part of a repaint. In the meantime there's a download link to the panel files only in this post.

Cheers,

Nick

Thank you very, very much Nick, already using brown panel, the paintings also are wonderful, I will follow the topic and wait.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

A GTN750/650 unit pair cost about 40K USD + install fees. The typical Cherokee owner probably will not fork out that kind of money for equipment that costs as much or more than the airplane is worth, especially if they already have a GNS430 or KLN89b.

Well, I think it is out of question that a GTN650/GTN750 combo is way over the top for a PA-28 or C172. But a single GTN 650 or even GTN 750 is not that unrealistic - especially in the almost new C172R :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Just a quick post to let you know that my favourite little Cherokee has just been updated. Change list is as follows:-

Change log for this version 09/26/2014;

Cherokee:
 - New illuminated landing lights
 - New climb gauge physics (slower and matched to real plane)
 - Added GPSMAP to external model when selected
 - ADF card "12" typo corrected
 - Corrected autopilot initialization lights sequence
 - Removed unwanted remnants from the radios texture
 - Added model.ini for aicraft customizations
 - "Generator field breaker" typo corrected
 - Tuned the neutral trim a bit for neutral glide tests
 - 2D. Maint. hangar: sponsors popups clickspots fixed.
 - Fixed propeller issue in multiplayer
 - Corrected mouse wheel toggle events on various switches and levers.
 - Fixed bug that caused 4% more nose down attitude with full flaps

C172 & Cherokee:
 - Batteries get charged when using CTRL-E Autostart
 - More linear braking meaning more sensitivity when partially applying the brakes
 - Bug where if the plane was left for more than 72 hours, cylinder conditions could be altered

Warbirds:
 - Reduced creep on ground checks
 - Primer lasts longer
 - New cylinder firing and plug fouling logic. Engine won't stall after landing unless you pull the throttle full back and allow the plugs to "load up." After starting, you may notice it takes a 1/2 minute for the engine to run smoothly. This is expected and normal behavior.

Spitfire:
 - Fuel feeds independently to the engine from both the top and bottom fuel tanks, so now if you run top tank dry you can cut the fuel off to the engine using just the lower fuel tank selector

There's a download link to the AccuSim 09/26/2014 updater in this post on A2A's forums!

Cheers,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

Cool... were they considering a GTN750 integration ever?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool... were they considering a GTN750 integration ever?

Ryan - I don't think it's been ruled-out. All they've committed to so far (in the thread linked in post #16) is supporting the GTN750 in the next GA release.) As Tim-HH has pointed out, support may then work its way back to the Cherokee...

Cheers,

Nick 

Nick M - A2A Simulations