Sign in to follow this  
Spilfred

FSX VAS Monitor

Hello captains, 

I don't know if here is the right place to put this but I think that this is an interesting tool.

This is a software that I wrote to myself but I think that it can be helpful to many people.

This software monitors your FSX VAS. It's very intuitive. Just double click on setup to install.

After the installation, double click the FSX VAS Monitor icon. If the FSX is already started, FSX VAS Monitor should

automatically start to read the FSUIPC offset 024C. If the FSX was started after the FSX VAS Monitor, click the Connect Button and it will start monitoring.

there are only 4 adjusts to set, the  minimum quantity of memory avaliable before trigger the alarm (in MB), if the alarm will run with the red text blinking and a ding sound, and if the FSX VAS Monitor should start directly on system tray.

System Requeriments:

FSX (obviously) with FSUIPC installed.

It works with WideFS too (Ideal to people that use two or more computers).

This software is free to distribute.

have a good flights...

Fred Matias

spilfred@gmail.com  B)

It works with WideFS too (Ideal to people that use two or more computers).

I was about to say "Process Explorer would work just fine, too, without needing to install anything," but then I saw the WideFS integration.  That's actually pretty helpful/smart!

Kyle Rodgers

Hello.  Just sharing:

"Monitoring VAS in FSX or P3DV2 – The freeware or registered versions of the FSUIPC utility will allow you to monitor the amount of VAS remaining during a flight session. This might be valuable in troubleshooting Out-of-Memory (OOM’s).

Startup FSX/P3D and then enter the Addon Menu and select FSUIPC. Once FSUIPC is open, click on the Logging Tab and enter 024C under Offset and select S32 under Type. Select where you would like to have the usage displayed. The FS Window is for Full Screen sessions. The FS Title Bar is for Windowed Mode. AVSIM recommends you also check the Normal log file as this provides you information on how much VAS you had to start out with and then it logs usage throughout your flight.

The VAS usage is displayed in Kilobytes (KB’s). The value represents the amount of VAS left so, the lower the value, the more VAS being depleted. The max amount of VAS allowed in computers with 64 bit Operating Systems is 4GB’s. This is shared with other applications running in the background on your computer. For 32 bit Operating Systems, the max amount of VAS allowed for FSX/P3D is 2GB’s but this can be expanded to 3GB’s with a switch like the /3GB switch.

To convert the KB’s to the amount of GB’s, you should use one of the Byte converters on the Internet like the following: http://www.whatsabyt...teconverter.htm. You will never see 4194304 KB’s displayed as this equals 4GB’s. You might see around 3GB’s (3145728) remaining when you first start up FSX/P3D but that would be unusual. Do not be too concerned with the amount of VAS remaining when you first start up."

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Does anyone know how to uninstall this? It is nowhere in the readme and I can't figure it out. Thanks.

-Scott

Does anyone know how to uninstall this? It is nowhere in the readme and I can't figure it out. Thanks.

-Scott

To uninstall or change a program
  1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clickingPrograms and Features.

2. Select FSX VAS Monitor, and then click Uninstall.

Cheers,

Fred Matias

Sorry to bring this very old thread up but the link does not exist and I would like to get VAS Monitor please

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg