Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

OPEN BETA/COMMUNITY PROJECT: OSM World

To minimize the size of your image attempt a "send to"->mail recipient and just send it to yuorself :)

Put the .agn files in the Innsbruck photo scenery / texture folde

There... AGN files are tied to a specific texture file... It has always been that way... I have made a photscenery back in the day (SCenProc was still not around so AutoGen was pianstakingly annotated via "aGenT".

signature.jpg

To minimize the size of your image attempt a "send to"->mail recipient and just send it to yuorself :)

There... AGN files are tied to a specific texture file... It has always been that way... I have made a photscenery back in the day (SCenProc was still not around so AutoGen was pianstakingly annotated via "aGenT".

I don't know about the texture , but my understanding of the osm agn is simple. they are wgs84 (which i guess are geolocation tagged) hence the osm agn data generate for that location will show up exactly there.

You could try to put them in the location you use and try it with the photo scenery.

made it to a jpeg with paint.

The buildings are the OSM data.  This is Innsbruck.

GxFs.jpg

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It is a little more complicated... Fs9 photo textures have a fixed name for a given position (cell), hence the cumbersome string of numbers in said name. AGN files are to be named exactly as the texture. No texture, no AGN... FS loads the texture, and then the AGN if present.

signature.jpg

It is a little more complicated... Fs9 photo textures have a fixed name for a given position (cell), hence the cumbersome string of numbers in said name. AGN files are to be named exactly as the texture. No texture, no AGN... FS loads the texture, and then the AGN if present.

Hmm i am not sure i follow. 

If it loads the agn when found that means the osm agn produced has the geo info. 

the AGN is actually tied to a specific cell of scenery by its own name. it will be loaded only if a corresponding texture with the same name is loaded by a BGL somewhere. This can be a default land class texture or a photo scenery file. You cannot however add custom autogen to a cell without addinga custom texture too! You could attempt use a library objects too, and I tried... but it kills performance immediately!

signature.jpg

Hmmm

the AGN is actually tied to a specific cell of scenery by its own name. it will be loaded only if a corresponding texture with the same name is loaded by a BGL somewhere. This can be a default land class texture or a photo scenery file. You cannot however add custom autogen to a cell without addinga custom texture too! You could attempt use a library objects too, and I tried... but it kills performance immediately!

So, it is not possible to have a defautl landclass texture, of which the autogen has been removed, and to add custom osm autogen so that it is displayed above the landclass texture?

I don't know about the texture , but my understanding of the osm agn is simple. they are wgs84 (which i guess are geolocation tagged) hence the osm agn data generate for that location will show up exactly there.

You could try to put them in the location you use and try it with the photo scenery.

made it to a jpeg with paint.

The buildings are the OSM data.  This is Innsbruck.

GxFs.jpg

Could you post the source to the scenproc script please?

Luis, Grab yourself the DevKit aqnd find out for yourself! it is all there! We canb start coordinating in detail... are you working on South American Roads? Standardize your job per the how-to guide and there we go! I'll PM you access to the new dropbox repository (not the current one, but one I created for all OSM W developers)

simplify? in QGIS: vector->geometry tools->simplify :) (or was it geoprocessing tools?)

OK, I started redoing Colombian roads from scratch. In the DevKit How-to, page 25, I see a page at the top. I guess LVL is the layer number, but what do you mean with W.? Line width in meters as entered into SBuilder?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Yep, width!!

I'll get my hands into the base QGIS project for South America as soon as I can! You can keep up the  with roads :). Hopefully more people will join in!! I'll try to sell this off in other sites/forums :)

signature.jpg

So, it is not possible to have a defautl landclass texture, of which the autogen has been removed, and to add custom osm autogen so that it is displayed above the landclass texture?

Could you post the source to the scenproc script please?

Andy there is no specific source of the script , i just googled it.

Yep, width!!

I'll get my hands into the base QGIS project for South America as soon as I can! You can keep up the  with roads :). Hopefully more people will join in!! I'll try to sell this off in other sites/forums :)

OK. However, at least in Colombia, the roads and streams are too wide. I'm not sure if the values you set are too wide, or if I should downgrade the roads. I'll try now with Argentina with your method. Previously I only did roads and rails; I had 2 types of roads: big (16 m wide) and medium (13 m wide). Rails were just 10 m wide, and I didn't add small roads.

One thing I didn't see addressed: city parks. How do you represent them? I have a rather big one 2 blocks away from me.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Maybe roads are too wide there.... yo know what? since you know the area, be flexible! not all the world is equal, and variation adds quality to this project! Feel free to experioment what width best fits a given type of road for you!

City parks? Hard nut to crack... maybe they are around as holes in landuse polygons, but I am not accounting for them in the process... that will make it way too cumbersome....

signature.jpg

Maybe roads are too wide there.... yo know what? since you know the area, be flexible! not all the world is equal, and variation adds quality to this project! Feel free to experioment what width best fits a given type of road for you!

Wilco.

City parks? Hard nut to crack... maybe they are around as holes in landuse polygons, but I am not accounting for them in the process... that will make it way too cumbersome....

Well, I've just checked, the parks appear in the Natural shapefiles, as Park type. Texture types 1201, 1202 and 1203 should do the trick.

Best regards,

just "park" type! there I did not think of that! Hats off to you! I was thinking of small city parks... that remains a no-go likely... This sorts out my concern of  too huge  VTP polygons killing the landclass by  displaying a single texture for miles and miles...

We may give this a try in Western Europe too...! it is just like the city areas as far as complexity, even less....

signature.jpg

Regarding use of the "Parks" definition - here is a topic from the FTX support forums regarding what happens when Parks are used without careful checking of the context and the result!

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86005-terrain-anomalies-utah/

You will need to be a member in the forums at FTX to see the topic - upshot is is that with FTXVector for FSX, the National Parks are included in the landuse definitions and got automatically coded for "Park" landclass, which looks excessively incorrect when said National Parks include the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, and so on!