Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

X-Plane, third attempt... Impressed.

I've first tried X-Plane 10 a while ago, when it was first released, and like so many others my first reaction was "it's nice, but..." which was followed by uninstalling it. Last year, I gave it another try, but once again decided that it was a "alright" but nothing more. Uninstalled it once again. Now it's the third attempt... and this time I can't deny that X-Plane is impressive in some regards. Most of all, and surprisingly to me, scenery. And all this is possible thanks to the awesome people who have created amazing freeware such as the SimHeaven photo scenery, World2Xplane, HDMesh and many others. The result, in my opinion, is not too shabby!

tMZ0Aoi.jpg

1Mxjm0R.jpg

oQ05ceZ.jpg

FufyWmh.jpg

L2lAp6u.jpg

uMRjOXU.jpg

d586RsG.jpg

9RW4BHD.jpg

oDb02Ww.jpg

O1MvlRA.jpg

hvXZSga.jpg

6vxujvD.jpg

BjLocTr.jpg

3oFpLf7.jpg

QB4yd4z.jpg

Beautiful shots, absolutely breathtaking. It is a pity that most of the FSX community are too set on their ways to give X-plane a chance. It's a fantastic simulator. 

***Brilliant*** I'm a Big,Big Fan of that LES DC-3.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Beautiful shots, absolutely breathtaking. It is a pity that most of the FSX community are too set on their ways to give X-plane a chance. It's a fantastic simulator. 

I am fully aware of the advantages and disadvantages of both FSX and XP, but the main reason XP is a no-go for me is that I have heavily invested in FSX addons ($1500+). So it makes sense that I will either A- milk FSX for another year, or B- migrate to P3D.

No regrets. Enjoy the sim of your choice.

I switched over late last year and have not seen MSFS since. True it lacks in some areas, but the difference and reliability are second to none. I have not yet installed the latest update to XP 10, will wait for beta to finish, but from what I have seen so far from others may cause me to update sooner rather then later. Very nice pictures..

Great Shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wonderful shots!

Well it sometimes takes three times ^_^

Enjoy Your flights in X-Plane!

It's mainly due to lack of complex addons such as PMDG, Project Tupolev and perhaps A2A if they are complex.

However I believe this is due to change with the release of Felis Tu-154M. Ramzess 777 and such aren't bad but still not up to PMDG quality.

Great shots. Just a quick question, in screenshot 11, where is that? As I see UK/IE style houses, and if this is somewhere on the continent, then it's a major bug that I need to fix :smile:

but the main reason XP is a no-go for me is that I have heavily invested in FSX addons ($1500+).

Many people simply say they can't have X-Plane because they have FSX or P3D. Just install both and enjoy both like many of us do. Just because you install X-Plane it doesn't mean you have to throw your FSX and investment down the drain :smile:

When PMDG release the 737/777 for X-Plane will be the day I buy it.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Thanks for your comment everyone! X-Plane can indeed look stunning. However, I'll have to stress that this is all thanks to the great scenery addons / tools that have been made for XP. And the really incredible thing is that nearly all of it is available as freeware (or donationware, rather). This is simply amazing and shows what a dedicated community there is.

Just a quick question, in screenshot 11, where is that? As I see UK/IE style houses, and if this is somewhere on the continent, then it's a major bug that I need to fix :smile:

No worries - this is in Scotland (Edinburgh I think) so everything is in order and looking great! :smile:

Many people simply say they can't have X-Plane because they have FSX or P3D. Just install both and enjoy both like many of us do. Just because you install X-Plane it doesn't mean you have to throw your FSX and investment down the drain :smile:

I wholeheartedly agree! I never understood the "either-or" mentality that seems to prevail on both sides. Why choose only one simulator platform if you can have two? Or three? There's really no need to practice monogamy in this case. :BigGrin:

Even though I'm very happy with X-Plane right now, there are many things which it does not do as well as FSX/P3D. The same is true the other way around. The only reasonable solution is, of course, to use both platforms and their respective strengths. I simply decide on a simulator depending on where and what I'd like to fly at the moment.

It's true that there are far fewer quality addons in X-Plane, however, there are a few gems among them. For example the X-Scenery Mitsubishi MU-2 or the LES DC-3. I really love these two.