Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

Thanks for the update, truly excited to finally see PMDG in X-Plane. Don't care which aircraft is first, just know that it will be worth the wait :)

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

Guest happy2

just got xplane global & i am really exited to see pmdg is looking at this sim for thier planes.

i know they will be good & i will be pre ordering i also Don't care which aircraft is first.

Hats off too, for at least attempting to get PMDG products to work in Linux.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

In this thread? Nothing really stands out. In a vast multitude of threads, and in particular, some within the PMDG subfora? Oh my dear sweet Lord... It's endemic to the flight sim community as a whole. Whether its the lack of a stupid, irrelevent to flight detail in an otherwise great scenery, or sub-payware quality 3D cockpit in an otherwise excellent freeware aircraft, or contortionist acrobatic twists of logic to justify the purchase of training software licenses, this community (not just Avsim, but all of flight simulation) is really good and having some of the whiniest self-entitled ######-and-moaners on the net. It's easy to see how something that might seem minor would set someone off after dealing with that kind of crap for a long time.

Not necessarily saying this is the case with Mr. Randazzo, but my hat's off to him for being a helluva lot more long-suffering than I could ever be.

Amazing how some people can start an argument with a sarcastic remark and then turn around and try to make the rest of the people that won't have it look like idiots whilst they wash their hands in pure, white innocence!  

@Scotchegg:   I agree with JonRD here - too many people whinge and whine about almost everything these days.   Many discussions turn into whining matches as opposed to discussing the actual topic.   If you think this is just my opinion do a search on the other flight simulation sights about what people have to say about the Avsim community and their attitude!   I ran across such a thread by accident the other day and was quite sad about it.

Now, I am quite relaxed as a person, takes quite a bit to get me going, but if I had to listen to the same complaints that PMDG have to deal with on a DAILY BASIS, I would start responding like that too.   And no, I am not defending PMDG here, they are quite capable of doing so themselves, just making a point.

Stop the sarcasm and the "I have forgotten what PMDG still needs to learn" mentality, the snide and often outright rude comments and PMDG (and many other developers for that matter) will stop responding in a way that may seem a little on the sensitive side.   Have respect for other people and treat them in the the way that you would like to be treated.  

And no, I really don't want to go further into this debate with anyone, just making a point.   Now can we carry on with the actual discussion?

Okay...

I have been keeping a close watch on this too since I am also a firm believer that X-Plane has awesome potential but I would love to see what it does when PMDG starts putting out products for it.   This is what may ultimately get me to explore the world of X-Plane in depth LOL.

Kind regards

I really don't think PMDG are going to support XPXs 2% linux base. Did I miss that they are or is this just a please keep us in mind?

I really don't think PMDG are going to support XPXs 2% linux base. Did I miss that they are or is this just a please keep us in mind?

http://www.simflight.com/2014/09/11/pmdg-777200lrf-sp1-review-interview-robert-s-randazzo/

Within the next six months or so we will be releasing products into three simulation platforms (a first for PMDG!) and also offering products on multiple operating systems for the first time since 1999.

And... something tells me they can well revolutionize the implementation of powerful prop aircraft in XPX... For some reason those 6 new datarefs were added... I still believe that being able to use them with good data sources for the aircraft being modeled will allow for much more plausible prop physics / effects.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

http://www.simflight.com/2014/09/11/pmdg-777200lrf-sp1-review-interview-robert-s-randazzo/

Within the next six months or so we will be releasing products into three simulation platforms (a first for PMDG!) and also offering products on multiple operating systems for the first time since 1999.

Three simulation platforms, not three operating systems.

I think he's talking about OS X and windows, not Linux, but we'll see in the next months.

More info there than on the announcement here! Glad the Xplane release is for FSX too, can't imagine needing 3 sims to enjoy their products.

-Iain Watson-

rsrandazzo, on 12 Sept 2014 - 1:53 PM, said:snapback.png

PMDG's First Product for use with Laminar Research's XPlane:

The promise of PMDG's entry into the Xplane platform has been dangling out there for a couple of years now- and has recently taken some pretty bold steps toward finally being realized. Xplane has offered some significant challenges to us in terms of fundamentally changing the way in which we develop products so that we can offer our Xplane products across x32, x64, Windows, iOS and Linux...

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi,

You tell them RR! Personally I use FSX and X-Plane - it would be fantastic to eventually see the PMDG stable in XP,  especially 737NGX and 744 V2.0 as there is nothing wothwhile in XP when it comes to those two types!

As for the rest, not really necessary to get into a p@#%&$g contest over things you have no control of! -_-  

This was nestled in at the end of the 777 SP1C update:

On a slightly different note- but sure to check in with the forum during the week next week. We have a bunch of news to share with you- most of which we think you will be quite happy about.

This may or may not hint at an update on PMDG's X-Plane projects, but let's keep a weather eye on the horizon nonetheless. :)