Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

not a fully modeled airliner which is pmdg top notch known for... 737NGX, 777, 747, fully modeled, full fmc, etc.

Not as their first project, will be a plane that actually is not available for any simulator so I don't think it will be a 'basic/base' plane.

All written in Robert's previous messages.

Gents-

The PMDG developer who is currently in charge of moving our products into Xplane has been assuring me for two years that "Xplane users are very smart users."

Apparently so.... but not very good at following instructions.  :blink:

PMDG requires that all users sign their posts in this forum.  Please read the forum guidelines and adhere to them- they are not a suggestion, they are a requirement.

Now- as for some of the massively ill informed conjecture going on here:  Did anyone read my post in which I pointed out that we are moving the NGX, 777 and 744 into Xplane?  Or am I talking to myself again....

Please do not try to guess what we will or will not do- you don't know what we will do- and you create an environment of anxiety for everyone involved.

If you would like to know what we are doing- read what I post... and ask if you need clarification.

(And PLEASE.... try to prove that Chris was right about smart?  Please?!?!?)    :lol:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Sorry for forgetting the signature, but that has nothing to with being smart or not!

Anyway. Looking forward to whatever comes out. Hopefully we'll get a nice preview soon :)

Before anyone jumps down my throat let me be clear I own both xpx and P3D. That being said.... whether true or not most fsx users gravitate to P3D since it seems like the fsx 2.0 (it is not). People will gravitate for the most part to what is familiar, especially when they can simply transfer their flightbeam, etc airports for free. Fortunately XPX has always been more than fine and will continue to do so. I just don't see the droves of FSX people running to xpx like some seem to think.

I removed X-Plane because of the lack of good addons. I am starting a 777 home cockpit soon, and was planning on using the PMDG FSX B777. If XP comes out before hand, woohoo! I like XP more anyways.

Glad to see youre making the move. Still wish we knew what the first project was though.

-Krikor Hajian

Thanks for the update captain Randazzo! Looking forward to see what PMDG will offer in XP, for the first time in 64 bit . Good luck PMDG! from a current X plane user and a customer of PMDG 737,MD11,777,747 :)

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Now- as for some of the massively ill informed conjecture going on here:  Did anyone read my post in which I pointed out that we are moving the NGX, 777 and 744 into Xplane?  Or am I talking to myself again....

So you ARE in the process of porting them over as we speak? half contradicts the original post saying you will look into the feasibility once this first aircraft is out.

I really hope my assumption is correct, as one of the main aircraft X-Plane is missing is a good 737-800, there is a great B732 (Fly J Sim, looks really beautiful and flys like a dream) but at the moment, we only have a freeware offering for the B738 that suffers from development issues, (unlike others, i wont belittle the "quality" of the x737 due to the facts that its free as well as being a project that is done in the authors free time)

For me, its a no-brainer to get the NGX out for X-Plane as soon as possible, you have market salivating for this product with no real competition of payware quality aircraft (at this point). In my eyes its a licence to print money, and would be a smarter move financially than porting products to P3D (777 not withstanding in that statement)

As well, the B744 would be greatly received, again due to lack of competition, only a B748 payware exists, but the name PMDG gets attached, im sure people will forget very quickly about the competition, 

This is a win-win, we get the NGX, B744 v2 and you potential get enough money to buy a small island :) makes sense no?

Cheers mate, 

Skinna

Leading edge simulations got a 747-400 in development

And aerox-planes got a 737NG planned.

How many years has it been in development for

Hey guys, I've been flying x plane for about a year now and loving it! I also still fly FSX becuase of PMDG.

X plane is still being developed and I believe it will get better over time. I also believe everything coming down the

road for x plane will be well worth the wait. So go and fly one of the many aircraft we have availible today and have

some fun and let Robert do his job, have a great day Chris Longo

We have already a 777 withe X-Plane, a 757, a 747-800 Intercontinental but we lack of real 3D 737 NGX.

Form me it's a very dispapointing new to lear that the MD-11 will not be dev on XP.

Anyway I sure do not want a DC-6.

Why not a B17 or a Fokker Triplane !!!

Cheers

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Hi - How are things looking on the Linux support front?

Having moved exlcusively to XP10 in 64bit Ubuntu Linux, I would encourage all X-Plane users to give it shot. Rock solid, stable, no frame drops, no crashes, a joy. Hope that PMDG is able to make it work!

Edward Doloughty

KUGN

I will be interested to see how the 777 weather radar will work in X-Plane, with no Active Sky available. I expect it will need some development of X-Plane itself which will benefit not only PMDG but other developers as well. For example, the Skymaxx Pro cloud rendering engine could be improved a lot if they could find a way of placing those stunning clouds accurately in the sky at a distance from your aircraft.

Interesting times ahead, I'm sure...

Alistair Brown

Alistair Brown

0.png

Some say the EFASS weather tool is good? 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...