Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD's UUEE Sheremetyevo released.

Well - I am pretty disappointed to read Stanislaw's post on the fourm regarding the poor FS9 performance:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=283&start=45

Several posts were deleted, and basically he says the problem cannot be solved:

"According to this statement, I will treat the FPS-related discussion closed for now, as currently we have no ideas on how to improve the FS9 performance of the product even more."

Graeme Butler

"According to this statement, I will treat the FPS-related discussion closed for now, as currently we have no ideas on how to improve the FS9 performance of the product even more."

Seems to offer every excuse except poor scenery design.

Simply boycott and don't buy scenery if that is the attitude of "customer service" from this vendor.

DD's UUEE scenery is the first time I would have requested a refund if I could. Simmarket appears to be only submitting favourable reviews (it has not approved my negative review)

I am left with a rather nasty taste in my mouth. :(

Edit: wow just been to DD's forum ....posts are being deleted left, right and centre!!!! I will not purchase any more sceneries from this charlatan.

Sorry to feel your pain of a monetary losses, guys,but nevertheless, thanks for the warnings. You may have prevented some from wasting money.

Yes, thanks to those of you who posted your experience with this airport here; you saved me from making a purchase I'd certainly regret. Too bad, as DD used to be a trusted developer, but no more.

John G.

Sooner or later we have to come to terms with the fact we are flying an eleven year old product.

I doubt DLC is still being developed for any other platform/game/sim of similar age ... we are very unique and lucky in that regard. 

I agree with DD that our beloved FS9 is on its last legs and most developers will only give cursory support by 'downsizing' airports developed using superior tools for FSX and/or P3D.  This compromise inevitably leads to issues such as in this case.

Serious regrets ... personally I'm devastated that no payware is available for Prague and Beijing though gratified quite reasonable freeware alternatives exist.

I will be first in line to purchase the forthcoming FS9 version of Kuala Lumpur which will probably be the last major airport for our platform.  As a tragic I will likely purchase Austin and Baku, and any other crumbs thrown our way, as gwillmot has so succinctly described elsewhere in this thread.

In the end caveat emptor applies and our little forum continues to provide real, relevant advice to simmers.  I hope it continues to justify its retention as long as Avsim is around.

Although I am disappointed with the performance of the UUEE scenery on my system, I can improve it by disabling a number of the "options". That is not the point that annoys me. I am concerned that several posts on the DD forum that reported the poor frame rate issue were deleted, and then the problem is addressed as something that cannot be solved. so he has acknowledged the problem, but does not want to leave any evidence on the forums of its existence.

It all seems a bit childish to me, and certainly (as Ed put it) leaves a bad taste in the mouth. :(

Regarding future FS9 sceneries, don't forget Aerosoft Brussels is coming too! :)

Graeme Butler

I am concerned that several posts on the DD forum that reported the poor frame rate issue were deleted, and then the problem is addressed as something that cannot be solved. so he has acknowledged the problem, but does not want to leave any evidence on the forums of its existence.

Whilst that may be true Graeme (and for sake of good order) Stan does quote deleted posts both from you and a Dedl, concerning frame rates.

Hi,

pleasy mates, with all respect, let's be fair. I own all DD sceneries for FS2004 before UUEE and they are great, aren't they? I would not like to call their developer a charlatan... so far.

Of course we are disappointed by UUEE and Stanislaws reactions. Worst is that his EETN scenery proves the exact opposite of what he writes about old setups and dirty hardware. But I still hope that this product does not judge over all forthcoming ones, and it certainly does not judge over the previous ones.

By the way, I have FPS > 20 after I did a reinstall without static planes and without approach lights. Now I do have payware sceneries by a well known other developer performing much worse..., I hoped there were such options at install!

Regards

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

EETN and UUEE are poles apart. I would like a truthful answer as to why….. I don't expect one…..so charlatan is good for me.

Whilst that may be true Graeme (and for sake of good order) Stan does quote deleted posts both from you and a Dedl, concerning frame rates.

Yes - he does (selectively) quote part of my post. I guess the point I am trying to make is that the scenery has been marketed and sold as FS9 scenery, but now that a number of people have complained about its poor performance, suddenly it is not really FS9 scenery, but a port over from FSX and we should be grateful and nothing else can be done about it. Any evidence of complaint is removed from the boards so those who have not seen it are none the wiser.

If that is the case then then the FS9 version should be sold at a discount price with the words "no further support" incuded in the sales blurb.

Graeme Butler

I have the UUE scenery and I have a question. Everyone is complaining about bad framerates. What is bad framerates for this scenery? My framerates are in the mid to upper teens to low 20's. Certainly not as good as other scenery, but it's still usable for me.

Joseph29, we speak about reported 10-15 FPS.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

DD's UUEE scenery is the first time I would have requested a refund if I could. Simmarket appears to be only submitting favourable reviews (it has not approved my negative review)

I am left with a rather nasty taste in my mouth. :(

Edit: wow just been to DD's forum ....posts are being deleted left, right and centre!!!! I will not purchase any more sceneries from this charlatan.

I have had this happening with simmarket some times when not giving a glowing review to some big developer's product eg Virtavia Hunter where i found the VC cockoit to be very unrealistic compared to the real one. I did comment on the wonderful exterior model and nice FDE but it was pulled almost at once.

No balanced and unbiased reviews for some products I'm afraid.

So I don't buy there any more, only from PC Aviator, Flightsimstore and JustFlight.

Not as bad as another store who sold me a Shockwave P-47 package supposedly containing a P-47D and it turned out to be only the razorback version - and they wouldn't give me a refund. A2A couldn't do anything about it unfortunately. After A2A intervende at least my mails were answered but they just made some excuses ...

Some guys are in it for the money, not the hobby.

By the way, I have FPS > 20 after I did a reinstall without static planes and without approach lights

Good, it would be sad if DD lost all cred due to Stan's ill-considered behaviour. From respected developer to charlatan in two weeks would have been an unfair development.

Hopefully DD will learn from this.

This morning DD issued another revision of Polish Airports 2, which was already excellent. Free of course. Another example of how this company has given outstanding service with all its other products. I don't have UUEE but I have all their other products and have always been pleased with their quality and product support

Ian