Sign in to follow this  
NicolasTAP

New Nvidia driver 344.48 - WHQL

New driver works amazingly well with both P3D and FSX, screenshot below with DSR 4 x Native in FSX. Will test P3D later.

Few screenshots:

tweak1.jpg

tweak2.jpg

hope they work with FS9 too

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Iron...it is here....everybody was using a hacked notebook driver to get DSR before it was officially released for a desktop driver. Look at the first few pages of the DSR MUST SEE thread...and you can get set up. You need a 500M and up driver I believe....

This keeps getting posted about, and from what I have seen- it's wrong.

The original beta 344 driver that was initially released ONLY supported 2 900M series cards. Nothing else. Then a bunch of modded inf's were uploaded, and none included provisions for 6,7,800M Series cards. The important letter being that M. Yes they allowed for those desktop version numbered cards, but not the mobile versions.

Now the new drivers have been released, and while they do "support" mobile cards, they do not allow for DSR use on laptop cards. I am yet to see a modded inf for anything else that allows this.

Do you personally have a mobile card, and have DSR running? Or know anyone who does?

That quote I posted from Manuel, a nvidia employee, clearly states that the mobile version of DSR is coming.

Here is the current list, according to the nvidia rep:

While this driver version substantially expanded the availability of DSR, support for DSR on certain types of system configurations is still being worked on for future releases. The table below should clarify which configurations can currently use it. Sorry for the confusion.

Code:

Single GPU SLI

Standard Monitor (25x16 resolution or lower) Yes Yes

G-SYNC Monitor (any resolution) Yes In Development**

Surround Monitor Configuration Yes In Development**

4K Monitor Yes In Development**

3DTV Play Yes* Yes*

3D Vision Yes* Yes*

3DTV Play Yes* Yes*

Discrete-GPU Notebooks In Development** In Development**

Optimus Notebooks In Development** In Development**

MS Hybrid Notebooks In Development** In Development**

*3DTV DSR resolution needs to be selected from Change Resolution Page. The only known limitation is that it is not supported on a passive stereo monitor and Microsoft DX11.1 native stereo apps. But currently there are no known DX native stereo game titles, so all the titles that are supported by 3DV with any rating should work with DSR on any 3D vision monitor or on any 3DTV.

**Feature is currently in development and will be released in an upcoming Game Ready driver release.

>Desktop GPUs supporting DSR: All Maxwell, Kepler, and Fermi-based desktop GPUs using 344.48.

>Notebook GPUs supporting DSR: In development – will be released in an upcoming Game Ready driver release.

So again, have you seen DSR running on a mobile GPU, or can you provide any inf file that has ANY mobile graphics card (other than 970/980M) with DSR enabled.

Because the answer is that there isn't. And this is reflected by the constant questioning of this exact issue on the guru3d forums.

If you provide a working version of 344 with DSR for 5/6/7/800M mobile cards, I'll freely eat my hat :)

This keeps getting posted about, and from what I have seen- it's wrong.

The original beta 344 driver that was initially released ONLY supported 2 900M series cards. Nothing else. Then a bunch of modded inf's were uploaded, and none included provisions for 6,7,800M Series cards. The important letter being that M. Yes they allowed for those desktop version numbered cards, but not the mobile versions.

Now the new drivers have been released, and while they do "support" mobile cards, they do not allow for DSR use on laptop cards. I am yet to see a modded inf for anything else that allows this.

Do you personally have a mobile card, and have DSR running? Or know anyone who does?

That quote I posted from Manuel, a nvidia employee, clearly states that the mobile version of DSR is coming.

Here is the current list, according to the nvidia rep:

While this driver version substantially expanded the availability of DSR, support for DSR on certain types of system configurations is still being worked on for future releases. The table below should clarify which configurations can currently use it. Sorry for the confusion.

Code:

Single GPU SLI

Standard Monitor (25x16 resolution or lower) Yes Yes

G-SYNC Monitor (any resolution) Yes In Development**

Surround Monitor Configuration Yes In Development**

4K Monitor Yes In Development**

3DTV Play Yes* Yes*

3D Vision Yes* Yes*

3DTV Play Yes* Yes*

Discrete-GPU Notebooks In Development** In Development**

Optimus Notebooks In Development** In Development**

MS Hybrid Notebooks In Development** In Development**

*3DTV DSR resolution needs to be selected from Change Resolution Page. The only known limitation is that it is not supported on a passive stereo monitor and Microsoft DX11.1 native stereo apps. But currently there are no known DX native stereo game titles, so all the titles that are supported by 3DV with any rating should work with DSR on any 3D vision monitor or on any 3DTV.

**Feature is currently in development and will be released in an upcoming Game Ready driver release.

>Desktop GPUs supporting DSR: All Maxwell, Kepler, and Fermi-based desktop GPUs using 344.48.

>Notebook GPUs supporting DSR: In development – will be released in an upcoming Game Ready driver release.

So again, have you seen DSR running on a mobile GPU, or can you provide any inf file that has ANY mobile graphics card (other than 970/980M) with DSR enabled.

Because the answer is that there isn't. And this is reflected by the constant questioning of this exact issue on the guru3d forums.

If you provide a working version of 344 with DSR for 5/6/7/800M mobile cards, I'll freely eat my hat :)

I just cancelled the download. Lets wait for mobile DSR

I would, but you can't capture the DSR screen output...or am I wrong about that?

Do you have a camera on your cell phone? Just take a picture of a before and after with DSR. If its that much of an improvement, it should at least give an idea of what is different.

I don't want to question what you are seeing because you see what you see but the smoothness option has to do with the blurring of the image, making it look smoother, and nothing with smoothness in performance... If you enabled DSR but don't use the new resolution, I doubt if that smoothness setting does anything... and if it DOES something, it will only smoothen the graphics, not the performance.

But again, if things are running smoother, congratulations!

That's why I'm wondering if its just the new driver itself that has improved things. Flying over downtown Chicago doesn't drop my frame rate as much and panning around with TrackIR is just a lot smoother.

I seem to have a problem with those drivers and Prepar3D v2.4.  Although the sim looks amazing, if I switch from full screen to windowed, the sim crashes, but this doesn't happen with FSX, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Regards,

Ian 

I tested 33% and 2.0 with my setup (which normally i run surround mode at 5760x1080 with my 3, 24" screens).. so i set the main screen to 2715x1527 (in windows, assuming this has to be done as well)..

Then launched prepar3d v2.4.. full screen, things seemed too blurry, most likely the 33% setting.. I will also try 4.0 with 0% smoothness to see how that looks and performs.. saw no real drop in fps for single screen with the 2.0, 33%, but things did not look that much better, just smoothed out ala fxaa style.

One byproduct of all this.. i decided to try spanning the single window across all three 24" screens (non surround style).. yeah i know that DSR then has no effect if "windowed", but i discovered that some tree flickering that was there in full screen nvidia surround was no longer present and things were smoother (I have an issue with certain high-def cockpits like the p92 Eaglet, come carenado's etc, where at least in Xtreme Cities New Orleans, i get microstutters, the a2a 172 doesnt seem to have an issue).. most of the microstutter from these cockpits is smoothed out by running it spread over 3 screens.. downside being the 1" bar at the top of the screen (auto hide taskbar).. and if you try to hide the menu, the fps drops in half.

**update. If you hide it then right click and hold that popup there for two sec in the windshield area, it returns to normal fps Wo the menu bar

This less flickering window spread mode worked out nicely whether DSR was set or not (not that it mattered).

I would never run single screen, but it was an interesting test, one i may play around with more.. for now i'm debating 3 screen spread vs surround micro stuttering and more tree flicker (the window position is also not remembered on reload which is a downer).

EDIT: reran in surround mode, definite flicker in trees in the distance.. then back to non-surround, spread the window over 3 screens, its almost like night and day (if only there was a way to hide the titlebar and menu in window mode).. wondering if anyone else ever discovered this difference (or maybe its something newer to this new driver) Sidenote, if it was mentioned before, apologies.. newer version of nvidiainspector is out, version 1.9.73 (which under profiles i'm seeing a lot of new features)

So DSR works with surround and 3 screens ?

---------------------------------------------------------

Uh..no, I don't.  I assumed that the original hack worked for all 'M' series.  I see that is not the case....  Bummer for those that need one for their particular series. Well..it will be worth the wait...and that's no lie!

Do you have a camera on your cell phone? Just take a picture of a before and after with DSR. If its that much of an improvement, it should at least give an idea of what is different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Exodus, I see that you can capture DSR screen output..and I have already done so.  Check out the Screen Shot Forum for my 16 pics of Cushman Meadows, today. That is all post DSR, but unfortunately, I have had to modify the screenshots to fit under 4.0 MB's.  That being said, there is still fabulous detail in every one of the shots...right out to the horizon....   

I seem to have a problem with those drivers and Prepar3D v2.4.  Although the sim looks amazing, if I switch from full screen to windowed, the sim crashes, but this doesn't happen with FSX, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Regards,

Ian 

That pretty much happens to all.  It is the switch up of the driver going from your DSR resolution, back to native.   I have v2.4 come up as window...whereby I can start ASN and the A.I. controller...then the sim goes into my DSR res mode.  I then just stay in the DSR mode until the end of the flight....

So DSR works with surround and 3 screens ?

Well, to my knowledge DSR works with 3 screens, but only in 1 screen, full screen mode.. it doesnt work/not available, currently with surround mode.

I was just testing it out on one of my 3 screens.. then low and behold, i discovered with my 780ti configuration, when i run with the window spread across all 3 screens, i get better AA, less jaggies, less tree flicker (by a large margin) and a little smoother performance.. its odd i know, but it works for me (either with DSR set or without it set).

When i tested the DSR, both times, i had the higher res option in the sim (enabled) and i had changed the desktop resolution to match (is this part really necessary?).. in either case, i couldnt seem much difference and the menu at the top did NOT look shorter top to bottom, so i'm unclear if it was truly working.. but thats not how i would run unless i had oculus rift anyway.

EDIT:  i confirmed with side by side screen shots, flipping between them.. i'm seeing ZERO difference either in menu scaling or general graphics between the dsr 4x vs no dsr (single screen, full screen).

UPDATE:  i rebooted after changing the dsr this next test, i think it is now working, will test again later to confirm however.  Odd that a reboot was needed.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

BTW is this DSR thing only for DX or even Opengl ?

New driver works amazingly well with both P3D and FSX, screenshot below with DSR 4 x Native in FSX. Will test P3D later.

Few screenshots:

Please full size screenshots. When I resize I can show you not worse results even without any AA :P

OK guys. Let's have some fun. What is all about? Look at following screens:

z9U1o.jpg

fGAD.jpg

yJHt0.jpg

mRFP.jpg

Every 1st screen is my native 1080p, 2nd is DSR x1.5 +smoothness 10%. Judge this :D

I don't see any revelation. Just blurry textures. It looks nice as for trees, stars at night and street lights bloom. But ground textures are worse. Same with VC fonts.

It was looking better when I set x4 and no smoothness, but x4 drained my FPS about 15-20 with PMDG NGX + heavie weather + heavie city/airport.

Every 1st screen is my native 1080p, 2nd is DSR x1.5 +smoothness 10%. Judge this :D
I don't see any revelation.

Well at x1.5 I don't think anyone would be surprised.

gb.

That pretty much happens to all. It is the switch up of the driver going from your DSR resolution, back to native. I have v2.4 come up as window...whereby I can start ASN and the A.I. controller...then the sim goes into my DSR res mode. I then just stay in the DSR mode until the end of the flight....

What happens if you set your desktop resolution to the DSR as well?

Will it still crash?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Please full size screenshots. When I resize I can show you not worse results even without any AA :P

?? Not sure what that means. If I were to post the full size screenshot it would be huge at 4 x native resolution and nearly 6mb in size!