Sign in to follow this  
Beanf18

PMDG secret project

That being said though, I would LOVE to see a 57/67 from PMDG.

Agreed.

Kyle Rodgers

757 would be nice, but it's not that widely used anymore.  I would be equally ecstatic for a 767 or a 787, instant buys for me.

sig01.png

757 would be nice, but it's not that widely used anymore.

Are you actually watching the skies, or are you basing that off of the fact that Boeing stopped producing them...?

There are currently 147 of them airborne at this moment. That's more than B744s and ERJs (again, as of me writing this).

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

That's not an insignificant number.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you actually watching the skies, or are you basing that off of the fact that Boeing stopped producing them...?

There are currently 147 of them airborne at this moment. That's more than B744s and ERJs (again, as of me writing this).

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

That's not an insignificant number.

I will rephrase, because I agree with your point.  It's not that widely used by airlines I fly often in the sim, nor is it used widely on routes I like to fly more because I own scenery and airports for those.  Therefore, I would very likely buy it, like I will buy the 747v2 even if I have the same usage "problem", but will have to buy more airports for different routes.  The 767 and 787, however, I could use widely.

sig01.png

I know I am probably way off... but would LOVE to have a 787.  Flown on it twice now and it really is an awesome aircraft.  As for 757, still love them.  Flew on the 757-300 a few weeks ago and must say it was smooth... and is indeed the aircraft that goes on forever :)

The heavy hitter for PMDG I honestly think would be the 787 though 

+1 

As a combined FSX/P3D release, I think this would break the sales records of just about any previous model. But, I believe PMDG has stated that it's not going to happen, at least not in the near term.

The 767 would most definitely be a skip for me.  I like its big, more modern brother too much.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I would like a 75/67. No, scratch that, I would love a 75/67.

However, they are getting a bit out of the picture I think to be a major release for PMDG, also they are quite a bit different technologically from the current lineup. (To address Kyle, yeah, but 757 nor 767 is the legend 747 is)

I'd say next flagship after 747 is gonna be 787.

But as far a secret project...

Release of new products being developed under the PMDG Classics product line

Note that it says products are being developed. So I think there is the DC-6 and something else DC-3 maybe, and I'd love the surprise to be Accusim interfacing.

Gents-

You guys are funny.  The amount of parsing/hoping/dreaming that goes on in this thread borders on hysterical...  :unsure:

is that allowed?.....oh yes, a new 64 bit flight simulator. ready for all the pmdg planes.

i love that  :P

So it is gonna be a classic? Too bad, Im more of the modern Airliner type 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

My preference: 757/767 as a friend recently pointed out that a lot of the systems can be modeled after each other, opens the door for add-on sales of versions, and the airframe is still in heavy use by commercial operators.

One thing I've not seen considered is the commercial use potential.  Is there an airframe that is suitable for adaptation into a BTD/ATD/System Trainer?  Well, that would point to the 787 if it is to remain Boeing, and that's about it for current production from Boeing.

Of course, if they are going for nostalgia, the DC series of aircraft are iconic, and a few are still in heavy use by folks like Buffalo.  Or, that could lead to a blend of all of the above and, therefore a stronger case for the 757/767 lineage.

My personal hope, the ability to do shared cockpit, and the 757/767.  I'd open my checkbook for both (or enter my purchase details).  If there is any indication of collaboration between Majestic and PMDG (no evidence that I've seen, but I haven't looked all that hard), then a shared cockpit may be in the works, considering the capability in the Q.

Regardless, they will likely haul in $$$.  The question is how much margin, and and how quickly.

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Any Boeing glass cockpit aircraft is out if question imo. That stuff take too much time and they never keep that kind of major projects secret anyway. I don't want to sound like a downer but a 757/67 doesn't seem likely, unless they're completing level-d's 757 project with some ex level-d designers..

Furthermore RSR stated multiple times that although they love older steam cockpit jets, they wouldn't make one because they think it won't sell enough.

I don't even know why I am curious about this, my fs rig is 5 years old and I haven't touched it since 2011 summer. I'll get back on the train and catch up with all the nice PMDG stuff once I'm done with the school though, that'll be soo sweet.

Derin Boz