Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

HongKong SKy Maxx pro 2.1 XPX 10.3 (Shots)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great shots!

WAT THE!

Now from where did you get the scenery ?

Hey! its a converted scenery for FSX from the great developer Fly Tampa "Kai Tak Hong Kong".

Toufic you are really enjoying X plane 10. You must be having a monster of a system to run the tall buildings as that is where the fps drops at least for me if I run W2XP based New York buildings . That jumbo looks nice too.

I converted that scenery several months ago and got floating buildings galore. Did you ground them, or leave it as is?

Toufic you are really enjoying X plane 10. You must be having a monster of a system to run the tall buildings as that is where the fps drops at least for me if I run W2XP based New York buildings . That jumbo looks nice too.

surely i enjoy XPX 64 bit but i wont call my pc a monster though, maybe a baby monster lol...i think Fly Tampa's sceneries are mostly optimized textures this is why the FPS is generally good in their sceneries.

Your shots are always incredible, I only wish they were bigger :P .

Thanks all :) and thanks for your Tip i will try to make them bigger if possible :) you are right the details can look nicer if bigger :)

I converted that scenery several months ago and got floating buildings galore. Did you ground them, or leave it as is?

Please make sure you untick runway follow terrain contour in settings, which will fix many floating buildings especially around the runway, however you are right some will remain floating. I did not ground them but there is a way to do them via AC3D program. Please check this tutorial it helps a lot in fixing floating objects in XP10 

surely i enjoy XPX 64 bit but i wont call my pc a monster though, maybe a baby monster lol...i think Fly Tampa's sceneries are mostly optimized textures this is why the FPS is generally good in their sceneries.

Thanks all :) and thanks for your Tip i will try to make them bigger if possible :) you are right the details can look nicer if bigger :)

Please make sure you untick runway follow terrain contour in settings, which will fix many floating buildings especially around the runway, however you are right some will remain floating. I did not ground them but there is a way to do them via AC3D program. Please check this tutorial it helps a lot in fixing floating objects in XP10 

Thanks. I considered it a while ago, but was essentially too lazy at the time. :-)

Hmm I think you should also try US North East OSM data from simheaven made by world2Xplane. The textures are not good but you shall see the buildings. Just give it a try and see the performance of your system.

Get the latest world models. 

The first screenshot is pure FS bliss ...

:)

Hmm I think you should also try US North East OSM data from simheaven made by world2Xplane. The textures are not good but you shall see the buildings. Just give it a try and see the performance of your system.

Get the latest world models. 

thanks World 2 x PLane sceneries are very nice but i like it with photo scenery from Sim heaven might give a try for a specific US city but the download of photo scenery from sim heaven is bit slow but a big thank you to Sim heaven and World 2 X plane for their contribution to X plane 10. I love Innsbruck area (Austrian scenery in world 2 x plane + photo scenery + freeware airport from X plane forums... so immersive and the best part for free!

:)

thanks World 2 x PLane sceneries are very nice but i like it with photo scenery from Sim heaven might give a try for a specific US city but the download of photo scenery from sim heaven is bit slow but a big thank you to Sim heaven and World 2 X plane for their contribution to X plane 10. I love Innsbruck area (Austrian scenery in world 2 x plane + photo scenery + freeware airport from X plane forums... so immersive and the best part for free!

Yes the download is slow and it also often breaks in between , happened too many times and  after that  I just stopped downloading Photo sceneries from there.

Well NY / Manhattan buildings textures in W2XP is just simple may not even like it and do not reflect like the one is FSX NY hmm that pay ware you are using.