Sign in to follow this  
AF330

Heading/Course difference

So in HDG, we are on that highway. Our selected heading is 50°. We can go anywhere on that highway but we have to keep pointing at 50°. We can keep changing our track.

In course, we are on that same highway but we have to follow a special route. We can't do anything to follow 50°. We have a track that we have to respect even if there is wind. That track can be one of the highway's lanes.

Total mess, total nonsense.

Congratulations - after 75 posts you are where you started - understanding absolutely nothing!

Can't you see you are making a clown of yourself?

This thread should have been locked long time ago.

Great! It's a very good example!

So in HDG, we are on that highway. Our selected heading is 50°. We can go anywhere on that highway but we have to keep pointing at 50°. We can keep changing our track.

In course, we are on that same highway but we have to follow a special route. We can't do anything to follow 50°. We have a track that we have to respect even if there is wind. That track can be one of the highway's lanes.

Am I right?

PS: Lane is voie in french. Not sure of the word in english....

Thanks

Unfortunately, no.

With HDG, you are not following any highway, you are simply selecting a direction to point your aircraft at.

You really need to study the basics..

Bert

AF330,

I will get a sim and a book explaining basics for christmas!

Perhaps you could be patient for two weeks until Christmas then read your book and practise your Sim and then, if you still have questions, you can post them at that time. You will be able to ask better questions and you will better understand the answers given to you on this forum.

Dugald Walker

Yes.....hope they will talk about this in my book!

Ok . Heading is very easy to understand.

You are not on that highway. You just have to point your plane at the selected magnetic altitude. A mistake. Very sorry.

But am I at least right for course? A course is the heading of the track that you have to keep following!!!!

Getting mad with these things! ;)

If it is again wrong....I just don't know what to say....I will read all your answers back and wait till christmas

Thanks a lot,

Total mess, total nonsense.

Congratulations - after 75 posts you are where you started - understanding absolutely nothing!

Can't you see you are making a clown of yourself?

This thread should have been locked long time ago.

Couldn't agree more !

Oh.. what's the difference between QNH and QFE..........and by the way I fly FSX using the Chinese version so mayby the 縮略詞  (acronyms) are different.... :rolleyes:

Paul

Ok...I take this as a NO! ;)

Will read the book and come back after christmas....

Or are you talking about the post with the highways? Nonsense. I made a big mistake. Sorry

Thanks for your help,

Thanks a lot.

This silly drivel has gone on far too long already.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator