Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

REX Soft Clouds in FSX ?

This addon is excellent, well worth the money. I just purchased and loaded the textures into Rex4. The textures go great with ASN too, but activating the ASN low level clouds can hurt fps.

and for those who have already purchased and also have Rex TD they can download the integration file from the Rex forum. (which adds the soft clouds into the low level clouds.)

does this product create shadows from the clouds onto the ground? some of the screenshots would suggest it does. I think it would be brilliant if this were so. Having the world uniformly light or dark isn't right when you have broken or scattered clouds. Having the cloud cast shadows would be nice. Does this do that in FSX??

thanks

aving the cloud cast shadows would be nice. Does this do that in FSX??

Cloud shadows are not available in FSX, the screens you saw were probably from P3Dv2 which does have cloud shadows.

Hello,

A question for who have REX 4 TD integrated with REX Soft Clouds:

If install REX Soft Clouds integration into REX 4 TD, the original REX 4 TD low level clouds will be replaced by the Soft Clouds one or all will remain and nothing will be replaced?

Would be better install Soft Clouds alone to don't loss REX 4 TD low level clouds if they are replaced?

Hello,

A question for who have REX 4 TD integrated with REX Soft Clouds:

If install REX Soft Clouds integration into REX 4 TD, the original REX 4 TD low level clouds will be replaced by the Soft Clouds one or all will remain and nothing will be replaced?

Would be better install Soft Clouds alone to don't loss REX 4 TD low level clouds if they are replaced?

if you scroll along the 'Low Clouds' in Rex4 you should see the 'Soft Clouds' selection.

bob

Thank you.

So nothing is replaced in this case.

that's the way I see it, you select the 'original' low level clouds or you select the additional 'soft clouds' which starts at set 17.

bob

I upgraded to the latest REX4, then applied the integrated installer.

Now all I do is choose the soft clouds to install and I'm done.

I do the same thing when I want to change the runway light color. Choose light and install.

Done!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I upgraded to the latest REX4, then applied the integrated installer.

Now all I do is choose the soft clouds to install and I'm done.

I do the same thing when I want to change the runway light color. Choose light and install.

Done!

Jose

And default low level clouds of REX 4 TD wasn't replaced by Soft Clouds, so both are present (not in FSX) in REX 4 TD software, right?

Thank you.

Edited by cgentil

And default low level clouds of REX 4 TD wasn't replaced by Soft Clouds, so both are present, right?

Thank you.

It's one or tother, you either have one from set 1 - 16 or one from set -17 onwards, if you don' t want to use soft clouds, stay with sets 1 to 16 .

Best way is to set up a theme and then you can change the low level cloud to a different set with a couple of clicks.

I mean both are present, on REX 4 TD app, not in FSX, in FSX only can be one of them, but in REX application, still remains original Low level and new Soft clouds?

I mean both are present, on REX 4 TD app, not in FSX, in FSX only can be one of them, but in REX application, still remains original Low level and new Soft clouds?

yes they are both present in Rex4 for you to choose. as I said if you set up a theme you can then swap between the sets of low cloud and then save the modified theme and start FSX, if you don't like the soft cloud set , shut down FSX modify the low cloud back to your choice and then restart FSX through Rex4.

the integration of Soft Clouds don't replace the original low clouds, they are an addition.