Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

If you really can't wait for the p3d version, it's possible to use the fsx version in p3d, just don't expect any support. But, I haven't needed any so far... ;)

I'm thinking of doing this, would be possible to change the GPS?

Yes, there's a config file setting that autodetects the gps plugins, but it's looking for the FSX versions. I just disabled this and the config program allowed me to add the GTN 750 to the panel config. Once again, I wouldn't recommend it. Just depends how much of a geek you are! ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Now that P3Dv2.5 is released does this have any implications for the P3D version of the Turbine Duke ETA?

Thanks

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Update on our P3d version: We are currently testing what we hope will be the finished installer of the Duke T. There have been numerous complications getting the installers to work in the way we wish, and because of the permutations regarding who gets a discount and who doesn't it has been a long process updating our database and other things in order to accommodate the P3d version. And now P3d 2.5 has been released it does add yet another complication. We are currently discussing whether to release, trusting that 2.5 doesn't throw up anything unexpected, or wait a while and see if any issues arise.

We like to make sure as far as possible that our releases are bug free. Should have some news pretty soon. Thanks for your patience.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir SImulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks for the update Robert.  One quick question. Let's say I purchase the FSX version today and install into P3D v 2.4 (accept and understand NO support from RealAir).

What will be the approximate cost to upgrade the Duke to the  P3D  installer when released ?  Understand the concerns you have before supporting Prepar3D, but my desires to have the Royal Turbine in my sim are overwhelming 8P

WAT1460.png

Thanks for the update Robert.  One quick question. Let's say I purchase the FSX version today and install into P3D v 2.4 (accept and understand NO support from RealAir).

What will be the approximate cost to upgrade the Duke to the  P3D  installer when released ?  Understand the concerns you have before supporting Prepar3D, but my desires to have the Royal Turbine in my sim are overwhelming 8P

You won't be able to install into P3d with an FSX installer. We aren't trying to be awkward about this, but none of the config options will work. That means you won't be able to set up the Duke even with basic user preferences, and other things will not work either. Previous products might work because they do not have the depth of custom coding. 

Regarding cost, we work out upgrade pricing at the last minute before release when we have gathered together all of the time, work and expenses incurred by us. We do not have a policy of charging all over again for cross platform installers but arrive at what we think would be a reasonable price.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks for the update Robert. I knew that P3D2.5 would possibly bring more challenges to installers. We are patient.

Any news on the P3D Duke?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any news on the P3D Duke?

+1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I'm really scared about the sudden silence about this addon!?

First several weeks the hotest topic, now nobody tasks about it any more?

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm guessing we'll see the official P3D release next week.

The P3D 2.5 hotfix has settled and the F1GTN is all up to date (..not sure about Mindstar though?)

If they wait any longer they may have to compete with PMDG's NGX...ouch! :)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Guys,

Robert said yesterday >>>

"robert young, on 23 Feb 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

We're testing the release candidate right now.

"

WAT1460.png