Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

I'm really scared about the sudden silence about this addon!?

First several weeks the hotest topic, now nobody tasks about it any more?

Everyone's too busy flying it. :smile:

The fact that this thread is STILL so active, speaks MEGA volumes about Rob and Sean et al at Real Air.

...and i just KNEW I'd have to give in eventually on this bird. having spent silly money on FSX addons recently, I'd put this on hold, but finally surrendered

My VERY quick appraisal of the Turbine Duke v2…

The ONLY reason I delayed purchasing this bird, was the amount of money I’ve recently splashed out on FSX software and hardware reacently.  Due to my previous experience with Real Air aircraft, it was only a matter of time.

Without learning ANY of the changes to v2, I simply jumped in, and carried out my 3 usual flight tests…  These are circuits at MHTG Toncontin, VHHX Kai Tak and LPMA Madiera.  All done twice with calm weather and twice in semi-severe weather.  Why?  Because these tests show EXACTLY just how smooth the aircraft responds and handles.

I can easily describe this aircraft AND it’s characteristics, in both sets of conditions, in just one word… sublime!  I won’t though, I’ll use two… truly sublime;-)

If you have the Turbine Duke v1, and believe the v2 can’t really offer too much more, all I can say, is you’re missing out BIG time;-)

If you’ve never had the Real Air Turbine Duke at all, then there’s a whole world of GA you’re missing out on.

In my opinion, the v2 Duke has raised the bar to a level I think any other devs will really struggle to match.

I know I’m later than usual, but MASSIVE congrats to Rob, Sean and Co.

Once again Real Air have surpassed themselves!

I can easily describe this aircraft AND it’s characteristics, in both sets of conditions, in just one word… sublime! I won’t though, I’ll use two… truly sublime;-)

Phil, you're exactly right.  The phrase I used when comparing V1 with V2 was refined and from my perspective I'll stick with that.  V1 was great, but V2 took all that and simply made it more refined.  Which, of course, absolutely leads to sublime.  :lol:

With more than a nod to the excellent A2A 182, the RealAir V2 piston and turbine Dukes have become hands down my two favorite planes.  These planes are as good as FSX GA gets.  If you like GA and don't have them, you're missing out.  A lot.

Scott

To give a good insight into just HOW far ahead of the game Real Air was and is...  I'm still regularly flying both the SF260 and Spitfire.  How old are they?  And yet they still beat many of todays payware GA's hands down.

Real Air are the PMDG and Majestic of the GA world;-)

My mind boggles at the level of talent those guys must have.

Hi Dougal,

Thanks for your kind comments. The SF260 was first released for FS2002 in February 2002 I think. It was updated for FS2004 twice more and again for FSX in 2007. Around a third of the original customers are still flying it for the 13th consecutive year. It cost US $25 or thereabouts when it was first released.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Dougal,

Thanks for your kind comments. The SF260 was first released for FS2002 in February 2002 I think. It was updated for FS2004 twice more and again for FSX in 2007. Around a third of the original customers are still flying it for the 13th consecutive year. It cost US $25 or thereabouts when it was first released.

Take a bow Rob.  Be damn proud of your work too - it's great!

While I think....  Can the v1 repaints be used on the v2?

Negative...

Eventually a paintkit should come

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm still regularly flying both the SF260 and Spitfire

I acquired the Spitfire myself recently, and it has become one of my favorites as well...

While I think....  Can the v1 repaints be used on the v2?

Hey Doogal, I created some Blank textures for the time being that you can use in conjunction with the Piston Duke v2 Paint Kit, this will allow to do fuselage and tail schemes without affecting the nacelle textures.

Speaking of RealAir's great releases, the Citabria is still one of my favorite planes to hop in and just shoot touch n goes.   Really hope Scout/Citabria/Decathlon gets on the V2 list :)  I know there are a lot of good bush planes to potentially do, but hard to beat the versatility of the Scout pack because you get three different planes with one airframe...Bush/Trainer/Aerobatic.  I was looking at the Citabria panel and thinking a GTN650 would fit nicely there.    

Cheers

TJ

0-4100' AGL at reaching the departure end of a 9800' Runway   B)

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-23-004.th.jpg

The RealAir Citabria series is still one of the best aircraft addons.  But would it be possible to develop a V2, making a great plane even better?  I hope so.  It would mainly be things like the latest vibrations and sounds, maybe an upgraded pilot.  The flight model is already outstanding.