Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Hi Dougal,

Thanks for your kind comments. The SF260 was first released for FS2002 in February 2002 I think. It was updated for FS2004 twice more and again for FSX in 2007. Around a third of the original customers are still flying it for the 13th consecutive year. It cost US $25 or thereabouts when it was first released.

Hi Rob

I remember anticipating the release of the SF260 for FS2002. I bought it the first day! It could spin and slip! I updated it for FS9 but have not for FSX because of the excellent Lancair Legacy. Thank for all the great planes!

Greg

Yes Tim we will in due course offer this for both the Piston Duke v2 and the Lancair Legacy

Yes!!

Paypal ready.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Well I guess the photo section is broken. We had a pretty cool thread going there.

All good things....

Yes I was enjoying the great photos, more for the scenery than the aeroplane. I didn't see any Part 1/2 etc that was apparently objected to. Oh well - thanks to everyone who posted some superb shots.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Yeah I was enjoying that thread too.  I ended up making it to Nagasaki with my RTW trip after going Darwin, Port Moresby, Guam...tried to stretch all the way to Nagasaki but had unfavorable headwinds, was able to make Kagoshima tho, then a nice short VFR flight to Nagasaki.  

Unfortunately then I had a hardware issue that I mistook for a virus and made a bonehead IT move trying to restore a previous image, ended up having to do a complete system restore and reinstalling FSX, which I am still in the process of....all those FTX sceneries take forever to install lol.  Haven't gotten to the planes yet.  After that I'll continue the trip.

Cheers

TJ 

Oh well - thanks to everyone who posted some superb shots.

Indeed.. some short sightedness there (for locking it) as it was also a great "flight idea" thread as well. I went out and found some of that scenery.. something I would have missed without the thread.

Haven't gotten to the planes yet. After that I'll continue the trip.

Argh! Very sorry to hear that... and I was following your flight. Certainly the path less traveled taking the south route over the pond vrs. the Iceland route.  What was your idea for the pacific crossing?

Argh! Very sorry to hear that... and I was following your flight. Certainly the path less traveled taking the south route over the pond vrs. the Iceland route.  What was your idea for the pacific crossing?

Thanks Hawk,

Yeah it stinks to have to reinstall FS...fortunately I have been taking screenshots of the engine meters after every leg so I can resume my 'hours'.  I keep FS on a separate drive than my OS so I didn't loose too much that can't be restored.  As for the rest of the trip, I plan on taking a little Japan tour, make my way to Hokkaido, then Siberia, Canada...being a trekkie, I have sentimental reasons to visit Vulcan, AB, especially now.  Then a short hop to KSFF for completion of the trip.

Cheers

TJ

I have been taking screenshots of the engine meters after every leg so I can resume my 'hours'.

The 'engine time' variable is saved in state.cfg have a look for it in your SimObjects folder and keep this backed up with Dropbox or something.

in P3D 2.5 it's under %APPDATA% Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\RealAir Duke Turbine V2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

The 'engine time' variable is saved in state.cfg have a look for it in your SimObjects folder and keep this backed up with Dropbox or something.

in P3D 2.5 it's under %APPDATA% Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\RealAir Duke Turbine V2

Thanks Neil

Yeah I lost the original state.cfg, but I can modify it using the screenshots and logbook file which was saved (I keep My Documents on a different drive too) and at least be pretty close with the hours.

Cheers

TJ

Alae Abundia's round the world trip has been completed.

KSFF-KNEW-MKJS-TFFJ-TNCS-TNCM-SMJP-SBFZ-GVAC-GMMN-EBLG-LGKR-OJAQ-OMAA-VIAR-VNKT-VNLK-VQPR-VTBD-WSSS-WADD-YPDN-AYPY-PGUM-RJFK-RJFU-RJNA-RJEC-UHMA-CYXY-CFX6-KSFF

PILOT-PC-2015-mar-4-008.th.jpg

Flight time just shy of 100hrs.

PILOT-PC-2015-mar-6-009.th.jpg

Thank you Rob and Sean for this wonderful plane, combined with the GTN, this was a wonderful trip, both plane and GTN provided me with the flexibility to fly the trip on my terms. 

Screenshots and trip records of each leg can be found at the Orbx forum.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/93876-abundia-around-the-world-in-100-hours/

Cheers

TJ

Well done TJ! A lot of people start the 'world tour' but never finish it, you're one of the rare few.

(I love the flags on the Flaps too, great idea!)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter