Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Click spot issue has now gone!

I lost mine a couple of weeks ago.  I read a thread over at A2A where they were talking about the sim being, somehow...perhaps in a very specific way, overstressed and that removing some things, especially turning down water effects, can help.  I moved my water slider down one to High 1.0 and my clickspots reappeared.  No issue since.  It does beg the question, perhaps...what does water, lights and clickspots have to do with each other.  Load only or is it something more specific?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I can see where I confused people.

What I meant to say was that my issue with the mouse cursor visible FPS drop is now gone. 

Original post now edited.

There are two distinct issues here which are rarely connected. Clickspot disappearance is almost always due to 3d landing lights. Reverting to standard FSX lights has been for all of our known customers a 100% reliable fix.

Mouse fps issues are not connected with clickspot disappearances and are usually down the number of processes demanded by added software, particularly those with their own need for extra clickspots.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob,

So this could be down to the fact that the RXP unit uses less clickspots than the F1 GTN unit?

Its funny though, because earlier this week I had a similar slow down with the mouse cursor with either the RXP or the GTN

Rob, just for the record, the tduke v2 is one awesome aircraft. I have used it daily since release. Not too many addons get that from me. 

There are two distinct issues here which are rarely connected. Clickspot disappearance is almost always due to 3d landing lights. Reverting to standard FSX lights has been for all of our known customers a 100% reliable fix.

Mouse fps issues are not connected with clickspot disappearances and are usually down the number of processes demanded by added software, particularly those with their own need for extra clickspots.

I really like the 3D lights so, reducing the water slider was my best option.  Honestly, I may be blind, but I don't see that much difference in the water.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well, I removed the GTN 750 from both the duke v2 and the a2a 182, removed both the rxp and the gtn config files from the respective aircraft folders, re selected the rxp gns 430 and fired up fsx again.

Click spot issue has now gone!

Mouse Cursor visible FPS drop now gone!

I also installed new video drivers a couple of days ago but doubt that could be the reason......

Suppose I should now try the gtn 750 again but I'm afraid to get the mouse issue back again

Glenn - are you using FSX:SE by chance?

Because there are other reports of issues where people have both a RXPGNS.INI and a F1GTN.INI in the same Aircraft's main folder.

There's no issues having both in MS FSX, this was just an early FSX:SE report, so if you're on MS FSX ignore this, but if you're on FSX:SE you may want to try the T-Duke V2 with just the F1GTN configuration file in the aircraft.

Glenn - are you using FSX:SE by chance?

Because there are other reports of issues where people have both a RXPGNS.INI and a F1GTN.INI in the same Aircraft's main folder.

There's no issues having both in MS FSX, this was just an early FSX:SE report, so if you're on MS FSX ignore this, but if you're on FSX:SE you may want to try the T-Duke V2 with just the F1GTN configuration file in the aircraft.

Hi Craig,

Regular boxed FSX and Accel here.

ok, so I deleted the RXP.ini and then reconfigured for the GTN750

No more mouse cursor drops with the GTN now either!

How very strange yet most satisfying!

Just for info:

I do not have both RXPGNS.INI and a F1GTN.INI in the same Aircraft's main folder.

Just F1GTN.ini ... I still see FPS drop (-6fps) when mouse is active in VC.

It has always been that way for me ... in other aircraft as well.

So I keep the mouse on monitor #2 when not in use.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

So I keep the mouse on monitor #2 when not in use.

I do to, and I pull my GTN750 over to monitor 2 as well, as I never use it in the VC, even though it looks nice to have it integrated into the MFD area, I am always messing with it in flight so having it on monitor 2 works really well for me...

Hi Craig,

Regular boxed FSX and Accel here.

ok, so I deleted the RXP.ini and then reconfigured for the GTN750

No more mouse cursor drops with the GTN now either!

How very strange yet most satisfying!

Ah ok, cool.  Glad it's sorted.

There's no logical reason why the existance of RXP and F1GTN ini files in the same folder should cause upsets, but it certainly seems the case!   Perhaps in regular FSX too.

Gharrall are you using an affinitymask in your fsx configuration?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Here is a little art project I am trying out with the Duke

Excellent! I would change the top color (Peach?) to silver or brandy wine... not "red", but a deep, rich huge. Add silver flake layer, and copy that layer, flip it to negative image, and add it to the alpha channel. Now you have a "metallic" paint job.

Its a great paint pilottj.. just throwing out some ideas for ya.

Thanks Hawk,

Yeah the red is a 'Golden Gate' red, then I put a vibrant orange in the spec file to give it an orange vibrance.  Being an SF Giants fan, this was originally planned to be my champion year paint project, I had done other repaints for various planes previous years.  I have the layers saved so after I wrap this project, I'll play around with different colors.  Deep red w black on a silver base would look nice, I was also thinking of a 70s Gold would look nice too.   

PILOT-PC-2015-jan-29-005.th.jpg

Anyway, I went with a plain red tail for the initial version saved it, then started a variation with an added black stripe that curves up into the tail.  

PILOT-PC-2015-jan-29-003.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-29-002.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-29-004.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-jan-29-001.th.jpg

We've gone over this many times in the past. We've offered bespoke email support for nearly fifteen years and it has worked very well. It also works well to contribute on public forums. But if we had a dedicated RealAir Simulations forum here or elsewhere, it would inevitably result in poorer email support. I know this is not a conventional view, but we are a team of two and manning a support forum would mean a repeat of our well established and normally very quick personal support which our customers tell us they like very much, and it has worked for many years. General discussions on our stuff are not censored and anyone can say what they like, within reason, here in the public forum. We have a system that works and I don't see much point in changing it.

Amen to that. I can only imagine how much time is taken up with product support, particularly in an environment such as flight sim. Being of a certain age, I find product support on forums to be a free for all, which often leads to confrontation, zero resolution and bad feelings all around.

This is not meant to paint all forum support with the same brush. There are examples of developers who do it well. If this is out of order, please remove the post, but I would like to give kudos to the much maligned folks over at ProATC-X. They ask for a log, recreate the issue and beat on it until they either have a solution, get it fixed, or admit they cannot find a solution. That is refreshing.

However, I have had some experiences with forum support, where I come away feeling like a bit of a dope as opposed to a customer. I prefer email support. It focuses on the issue at hand. There is not always a resolution, but there is always an attempt; not the "it must be your system" or "if you'd done a search, you might already know" automatic answers. Sometimes, I don't quite know what to search for. It's like a doctor saying "diagnose your condition and I'll cure you". I can live with an honest attempt at a solution going nowhere. It happens sometimes. I really can't stand arrogance on the part of someone who has taken my money in advance.

OK...the rant is over. My apologies. Perhaps the best way to reduce support costs is to produce a well thought out, well constructed product in the first place. There are a number of authors, including Realair, that do just that. OK, so where is my 200 dollar credit towards future purchases  :rolleyes:

This happens to me worse in P3D, specifically when I'm mousing through the menus.

Menus in P3d slow everything down, and I think they are going to address this in 2.5 or later. But when menus are off I get almost no fps hit with the mouse in P3d 2.4.

Oh yeah I don't have the Duke or anything in P3D - just saying that the menus kill my perf

Try turning on AERO. I have read somewhere in P3D page, that this helps with performance issues with menus and windows.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1