Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Maybe he accidentally purchased the old version?  But I don't think it's on the site anymore...

What a bizarre comment.

Oh well can't please everyone!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks guys. We really appreciate your support and kind comments!

Rob

Another plus 1 here as well.

Your packages are amazing. No other developer like it as far as I'm concerned.

Hirdy

Well I've added the turbine to my turbo Duke after reading all the praise.

Wish I hadn't. It's a lot to pay for the same model with slightly different engine handling.

Having recommended Real Air products from the first SF260 for FS2004 I'll not be buying from them again as they join Carenado by using the simming community as cash cows.

Sorry but that's the most bizarre comment I've heard in a while. If it was certain other developers it would make more sense, but no, not Realair.

I'm not one of those guys that  praises developers frequently, on the contrary, but the efforts of this mere two man team are nothing short of extraordinary. The Turbine V2 is packed full of new features. Realair have been one of the most innovative developers around, a developer that others have copied, worth remembering that.

Fully support real air also as they make great advance to this hobby. Price are fair in my opinion for the quality offered.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hey guys,

Here is a WIP.  Converting PDuke N2060V to Turbine.  IT was one I could do using the P-Duke paintkit   When TDukev2 paintkit comes out, I'll update the nacelle textures to be more '70s'.  

Unfortunately it will be a few days before i can upload it.  In the process of painting it, I thought about using TDuke V1 paintkit for guidance, so in installing, uninstalling v1 and paintkit, I somehow really screwed up some gauge and effects files which effected all my RealAir planes.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling them to no effect

This and a laundry list of other little computer issues means its about time I do my yearly system restore, which has been a little over a year now since the last one, so it is due.  

Anyway, I'll let you all know when I get it finished and uploaded.

CXD.th.jpg

Cheers

TJ

Unfortunately, i have a cockpit "freeze". Can't do anything with the mouse. I was at flight level and when wanted to start descent, couldn't change the altitude or anything else in the cockpit. Something to do to fix that?.

Go into the setup for the aircraft and turn off 3d lights. You should then get the click spots back. Worked for me :)

I've noticed that turning my water settings down to High 1.0 has kept my clickspots working. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well I've added the turbine to my turbo Duke after reading all the praise.

Wish I hadn't. It's a lot to pay for the same model with slightly different engine handling.

Having recommended Real Air products from the first SF260 for FS2004 I'll not be buying from them again as they join Carenado by using the simming community as cash cows.

Er.....no...wrong. I was curious too so I've flown both new and old over the same short route with a moderate crosswind landing after a steep climb together over some peaks. The difference in performance and handling is easily noticeable. That said I do respect your right to express a contrary opinion I'm just sorry you are not experiencing the product as I am.

I uploaded a Pop Up version of the Ice gauge by Dutch727 (just now, so give it a chance to show) that will work in any FSX plane. Neat little gauge... and using it, I found out that all the de-icing equipment in the Duke really works! (not just another pretty button to flip)

Here is you test flight.

Jan 6th, @ 13 GMT, Airport KHEF.  Real weather heavy snow and icing, major fog.

Hi Rob,

You mentioned, a few pages back, that the P3D version performed slightly differently to the FSX version. Could you expand on this? It's interesting as theres always been rumours that the flight model between FSX and P3D has changed (albeit slightly,) Does this have something to do with it?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hi Rob,

You mentioned, a few pages back, that the P3D version performed slightly differently to the FSX version. Could you expand on this? It's interesting as theres always been rumours that the flight model between FSX and P3D has changed (albeit slightly,) Does this have something to do with it?

No I didn't mean the flight model. We just have to make some adjustments so the options are working and other very minor items.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks for the clarification. I fly it a lot with P3D 2.4 and could not spot any issue (appart from the config panel).

It allows me to get a fix of T Duke while waiting for the true P3D installer.

When it will be out, I'll play the cash cow with pleasure  :wub:

While we're on the subject, can owners of the fsx version pay the upgrade purchase for the p3d installer, or will fsx owners need to completely rebuy for p3d?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter