Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Ok, 10x was an exaggeration.  I see that careless use of hyperbole made you mad, and that wasn't my intention, but I do think it is a valid observation and concern about how the controls are tuned.  If the rudder has been improved in the Turbine v2, is there a chance for a slight modification in the Piston v2 to bring it more in line with the very well tuned control balances and feel of the original V1?

Ok, 10x was an exaggeration.  I see that careless use of hyperbole made you mad, and that wasn't my intention, but I do think it is a valid observation and concern about how the controls are tuned.  If the rudder has been improved in the Turbine v2, is there a chance for a slight modification in the Piston v2 to bring it more in line with the very well tuned control balances and feel of the original V1?

Nope not mad. Just answering your post. We will be looking at the V2 piston soon to see what we can do to improve it.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob, Thanks for the reply regarding prepar3d.one final question. If people buy the fsx version now, can they "upgrade" to the p3d version as and when it's released by paying the difference? Is that possible?. Cheers.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hi Martin,

If you need support please email us. Meantime, have you tried comparing windowed mode to full screen? You shouldn't need to worry about that but it might give some clues about what's going on.

Thanks Rob, I'll try that today.

It's very annoying, sometimes it gets so bad that it's impossible to click anything.

Turbine V2 is great. Great job Rob and Shaun.

The only issue I get is a flickering mouse curser, I get this in the Realair B60 as well.

Anyone nay idea as to the cause?

The only thing I run in the background is ASN.

Do you fly other payware like PMDG e.g. that do not have this problem?

Do you have two or more monitors?

My other thoughts are a failing PC component or a heat problem ...

No PC crashes lately?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do you fly other payware like PMDG e.g. that do not have this problem?

Yes, none of my other add-ons have the issue. Just Realair Duke B60 V2 and Turbine V2. Haven'y looked at the Legacy for a while.

Do you have two or more monitors?

One.

My other thoughts are a failing PC component or a heat problem ...

All components are fine.

No PC crashes lately?

None.

It's been an issue for a long tine in the B60. Intermittent. The only hypothesis I have at the moment is that it's related to running ASN in the background. Will test that today.

How old is your PC?

Is your PC a name brand e.g.?

Best Regards,

:smile: Thanks for trying to help, but it's nothing to do with a PC hardware issue. It's relatively new and I'm an experienced custom PC builder. As I said, no other add-ons have the issue, no PC hardware issues.

Issue appears in windowed mode too. On all areas where the cursor turns into a hand. If I can't figure it out I'll drop Realair an email for support. It's nothing to do with ASAN as I suspected earlier.

"It's relatively new and I'm an experienced custom PC builder."

That is what I thought .. and why I asked.

BTW, I used to own a computer repair and network installation/services company.

Best Regards,

Flashing cursor typically means the processor is working on another task and is overloaded. What does your task manager say? Cpu usage?

Is anything running in the background?

Checked for viruses lately?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get the feeling that Dovetail expected all purchasers of FSX : Steam Edition to uninstall their "old" version of FSX prior to purchasing the new one. Either that, or they spectacularly failed to anticipate the registry complications.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Flashing cursor typically means the processor is working on another task and is overloaded. What does your task manager say? Cpu usage?

Is anything running in the background?

Checked for viruses lately?

Thanks Ryan. That was my thinking too, which was why I suspected ASN. But even with ASN shutdown it still occurs.

No viruses. This is an issue that's been around for ages. Had it since B60 V2. But never bothered about it too much as it was intermittent. Every flight though in Turbine V2.

The only other thing I can think of that may be a cause is Asus Ai suite, that I use for fan control. I'll try disabling that.

I should add though... none of my other add-on's have this issue, only Realair.

what does the taskman say about the cpu usage?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just tested it now, and there was absolutely no flicker. That was with ASN generating thunderstorms.

Cant tell you what task manger said with flicker because as I say, no flicker that time. But without flicker it was 18-41%

Perhaps it relates to only the first boot of FSX, who knows. Next time it occurs I'll try closing down FSX and restarting.

I'll try shutting down PC and rebooting and see if it returns...

Edit: Nope, no flicker. Both yesterday and today it was just the first time I fired up FSX.