Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

I have the very same problems in FSX:SE: the Duke flies fine but the config panel does not work. Does anyone get this issue?

Edmundo Azevedo

I'm sure a P3D installer is not far away now, Rob's said repeatedly it's top of the agenda. Soon we'll all fly the Duke into the sunset  B)

I've had the P-Duke working with only minor hickups in P3Dv2 but removed it and will wait for the proper installers to get everything right. It's worth the wait.

I have the very same problems in FSX:SE: the Duke flies fine but the config panel does not work. Does anyone get this issue?

The config app will not work in either P3d or FSX-SE because it needs re-coding for P3d and the Steam version screws up the registry entries, especially if you already have FSX-MS. Why on earth Dovetail did this I just don't know, but IMO it was a pretty dumb thing to do. The config panel is quite a complicated app and needs to be re-written for anything other than the standard MS_FSX in which it works flawlessly. I don't know why anyone would assume it would work automatically.anywhere else.

That's why our website says "for FSX", not FSX-SE and not "P3d".

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks Robert for the clarification. I am aware that a new installer is in the works for P2D2  but I (wrongly) assumed that there was no problem with the installation in FS:SE.  

Edmundo Azevedo

Thanks Robert for the clarification. I am aware that a new installer is in the works for P2D2  but I (wrongly) assumed that there was no problem with the installation in FS:SE.  

No worries. We were hoping it would work in the Steam edition too "out of the box". As a matter of interest can you please confirm whether you have just FSX-SE, or FSX-MS as well? Thank you.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

At the risk of asking a silly question, is the P3D version a seperate purchase or will the FSX license cover both installers?

Secondly, after the reading the last few replies, it appears that the only incompatibilities lie with the config app. I'd like to think I know my way around the config files..Could one *theoretically* purchase the FSX version, install it into P3D and manually edit the config files to suit? (I realise that if one did this it would be completely unsupported by RealAir)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

manually edit the config files to suit?

It's not actually config files but rather a configuration application that is not compatible.  The application sets up the realism options, etc.

At the risk of asking a silly question, is the P3D version a seperate purchase or will the FSX license cover both installers?

The P3D version will be a separate purchase but I'm not sure RealAir have fully committed to a pricing structure for previous owners looking to purchase P3D versions.  I'm sure they will chime in though.

Ryan

Ryan, I realise that. I said I was aware of compatibility issues in the config app in my post, I just wanted to know if it's a case of editing the config files/reg entries manually to achieve the same result.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Ryan, I realise that. I said I was aware of compatibility issues in the config app in my post, I just wanted to know if it's a case of editing the config files/reg entries manually to achieve the same result.

I see.  Well the EMT allows the use of the configuration application with P3D so if you know what the EMT does then you can just manually do that.

Ryan

The P3D version will be a separate purchase but I'm not sure RealAir have fully committed to a pricing structure for previous owners looking to purchase P3D versions.  I'm sure they will chime in though.

Not a full commitment, but Rob stated in the very first pages of this topic :

(...)

We will be making a modest charge for this, but we do not intend to exploit the fact that there are two platforms, so we will not charge a full price 

(...)

I hope the update fee will be around 10-12 $, 15 $ if the € vs $ rate increases.

Answering two topics at once:

If you have a dual installation of both FSX-MS and FSX-SE then you will have registry problems trying to install most addons. This is most definitely not the fault of any developer but is caused entirely by Dovetail bizarrely hijacking the FSX-MS registry entries. I think if you look up posts by Craig, who contributed to this thread, you'll learn more detail about this.

Regarding p3d it is not just the config app options which are affected. There are subtle differences in the way the Duke responds and flies, and we want to make sure we adjust these so there is virtually no difference between the two versions. This takes time. 

If it was a straight conversion with no added bandwidth we'd release it at no charge, but we will make a small charge to cover the work and especially our running costs. Bandwidth is very expensive for us. Some customers download installers multiple times at 358 mb a pop. 

Best Wishes,

Rob

A very minor thing, should the ignition switches be set to OFF instead of AUTO for a Cold & Dark start?

Cheers

TJ

A very minor thing, should the ignition switches be set to OFF instead of AUTO for a Cold & Dark start?

I would think so, as the shutdown checklist includes setting them to OFF.  I'll have to look tonight, but I thought mine were set to off CandD.  Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?

Scott

If you have a dual installation of both FSX-MS and FSX-SE then you will have registry problems trying to install most addons. This is most definitely not the fault of any developer but is caused entirely by Dovetail bizarrely hijacking the FSX-MS registry entries. I think if you look up posts by Craig, who contributed to this thread, you'll learn more detail about this.

Here's an example of just how messed up things can be regarding FSX:SE and/or MS FSX installations;-

Flight 1 have updated their GTN750/650 installers and after installation, when you launch the Config Tool, there is a new preliminary pop-up box, that asks;    "FSX Regular    Or    FSX Steam", with selection buttons for each.

Sounds straightforward huh?

Well, if you have both MS FSX and FSX:SE installed, in this case, it is straightforward - click on the 'Regular' button and the GTN Config Tool will open up your MS FSX aircraft list, and click on the 'Steam' button and the tool will open up your FSX:SE aircraft list.  (where you then add/edit your GTN entries).

But..........

If you only have FSX:SE installed, in order to see your FSX aircraft list within the tool, you actually have to click on the 'FSX Standard' button, not the 'FSX Steam' button !!!!......   if you click on the FSX Steam button in this scenario, it will show your aircraft list as empty.

Brilliant .....  :blink:

There are a couple of other examples of add-on developers that are trying to support FSX:SE but where things have gotten pretty mixed up, due to DTG's strange approach to registry use for FSX:SE.