Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

No question regarding being effective for sure but the clunk factor is the laborious right/left mouse clicking to enter way points, put me off long routes. I actually really look forward to flight planning using the GTN/ touch combo

the mouse wheel is fine for me.

In terms of the repaints and reregistration of airplanes, I think what A2A did was made their callsign plate inside the airplane a simple gauge that reads and displays the callsign from FSX.  Pretty nifty.  Is it possible to put such a 'gauge' anywhere on the dash of the TDuke?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I still have PSDs for the blue scheme as well and can take more requests for that, so would you like this registration on red or blue?

edit, here are the red WIPs, and redid the font on the blue schemes

Ec4vt.th.jpg

gZLHX.th.jpg

8Qfzk.th.jpg

jrLI.th.jpg

sZexg.th.jpg

I'd like to have the blue one with a canadian registration maybe like CG-GCC

Real Deraps

contemporary gauges that to my eyes really don't translate very well to the simulator screen, starts to chip away at more important things like frame rate, aesthetics, ergonomics, practicality and basic quality in other more important areas.

I also agree with your post regarding the issues with modern glass cockpits in flight simming. And especially the fact that they seem to significantly impact FPS, even on a relatively high end system like mine (OC'd i7 4770k + 980GTX).

To add to that is the challenge of actually having to monitor engine gauges and adjust inputs to keep temperatures in check. Very revarding experience.

Well, it's not avionics that make real air products so compelling. It's the dynamics and the attention to detail.

They can keep making steam gauge aircraft as far as I am concerned. Sure, I like the gps integration options very much, but that is only icing on a superb cake.

Do a pc12 with steam gauges. It would sell just as well. Or something similar......

Maybe it's a combination of my aging eyes, no TrackIR, and my 22.5" screen but if I zoom in enough to read the info on a G1000 I lose my peripheral vision.  The default "perspective" of the RA Scout/Citabria is perfect in FSX. 

I'd be curious to know if I could afford to go back to RW aviation if I could adapt to a G1000.  Anyway for a primarily VFR FSX flyer on my computer, the Steam Gauges rule.

When I first load a flight, it seems my lights are on, even though the light and battery switches are off.  If I load another TDuke they go off.

EDIT:  BTW, it's happening on D-NSYR...not sure if it's just that one.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

When I first load a flight, it seems my lights are on, even though the light and battery switches are off.  If I load another TDuke they go off.

EDIT:  BTW, it's happening on D-NSYR...not sure if it's just that one.

Anybody else seeing this?  I confirmed it this morning by starting FSX and loading up a different livery than D-NSYR.  On first load, all lights are on even with battery and lights off.  Switch to a different aircraft and they're off.

EDIT:  It's minor.  But if it's happening to other folks I'll report it to Rob.

Gregg Seipp

Anybody else seeing this?  I confirmed it this morning by starting FSX and loading up a different livery than D-NSYR.  On first load, all lights are on even with battery and lights off.  Switch to a different aircraft and they're off.

EDIT:  It's minor.  But if it's happening to other folks I'll report it to Rob.

I keep quoting myself...LOL.  Well, I think I found the problem was with the LINDA module I'm working on.  The aircraft wasn't happy with the default lights commands (it was working sorta badly).  I've got some new commands sorted out and the lights are behaving better.  Now, back to our regularly scheduled program......

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

IMPO, RealAir are among the very few that truly bring a "magic touch" to the aircraft they produce, and that, combined with their first class approach to customer service make them more than worthy of our continued financial support.

Regards,

Chris B. - aka "flapsdown"

So very well said Chris!!! I need not to add any words but thanks Realair!!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Thanks TJ

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Your welcome :)

I still have the PSD files and can take more registration requests, preferably registrations from nations not done yet for TDuke V2, or at least not done yet for those red and blue schemes. If you have more requests, just let me know on my paint thread.

When the paint kit comes out, I plan on adapting the silver PDuke scheme to the TDuke.

Cheers

TJ

I was wondering if Avsim would add an Unofficial Real Air forum in the commercial forums so that we could have separate Real Air aircraft topics.   This one is getting pretty long.

Thanks.

Comments noted but I do not see the justification. If we set up another unofficial forum for RealAir, I can envision many still posting RealAir topics in this forum where our Moderators would be busy sending the topics to the unofficial forum. When problems or issues are fixed and there are no more problems, the forum goes "dead" and anyone posting an issue in the unofficial RealAir forum may not have their issue seen for a long time. Developers do not have to monitor these unofficial forums as they have other means to provide support (PMDG and FTX/Orbx come into mind). RealAir aircraft are just one or a few additions to a members hangar. With weather products like ASN or OPUS, where everyone who owns FSX might be purchasing, there is a larger community that might need "unofficial" support. We never set up a separate forum for REX products and I think that would be more justified than a forum for RealAir. Lastly, based on the quality of products produced by RealAir, I really do not see a lot of posts asking for support (not that Carenardo and others do not have quality aircraft, they just have many, many more).

This topic has gotten off-topic in many locations and I'm currently trying to split some of the posts concerning the GTN 750 off to a separate topic as it concerns more than just RealAir products. I will probably split the rain fix problem too. If anyone has an individual problem with the RealAir Turbine Duke, they should post a new topic. That way users do not have to go through a 20 plus page topic to find the answer to their issue(s) or ask a question that might have been discussed.

I am pleased the developers seem to be following this topic closely and responding almost immediately to any issues. This is usually needed right after a new product is released.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

One little issue I have noticed is that I have no cabin 'lighting' at night.  When the cabin light switch is turned on, the cabin light texture is 'on' but there is no brighter cabin light effect.   What texture or effect file controls the cabin light?  The panel lighting works fine.

I am using DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Cheers

TJ

This topic has gotten off-topic in many locations and I'm currently trying to split some of the posts concerning the GTN 750 off to a separate topic as it concerns more than just RealAir products. I will probably split the rain fix problem too. If anyone has an individual problem with the RealAir Turbine Duke, they should post a new topic. That way users do not have to go through a 20 plus page topic to find the answer to their issue(s) or ask a question that might have been discussed.
Jim, What happened to your recommendations? Exactly like the post announcing the RealAir V2 Piston Duke that accumulated almost 1000 messages, many way off topic, This one is headed down the same path. What are the next steps?

New product info could go from the developer directly to AVSIM .. requesting an official announcement.

Then AVSIM could put it in a dedicated Announcements section ... and lock it.

Pilots could then start their own topic for specific problems as per normal forum posting.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW